Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

is it possible to dl it from steam or torrent? could be nice for me cuz i have slow bandwidth and cant dl at night ;/

There is a torrent file, but it will be put online when the demo gets released. I just added 2*100Mbit so the torrent should be pretty fast :D.

I downloaded the German version to play while I wait for my North American pre-order, but I'm considering downloading the demo. Hmm!

Now to try and leave work early so I can get home and download.Wonders if I can talk my son into downloading while Im at work

im going to the store to buy me Crysis, then to kill time for the ArmA 2 demo... not much hopes though my pc specs suck to play it :( God damn you Pentium 4 !!

Excellent news for me but hellish news for my wife, she is already nagging me for getting this game on Friday (hopefully).
Muahhaaahhaaaaaaaaaa! Exactly the same here! She actually just asked "verdammt, do I see you at all then during the weekend?". I replied promptly "yes, you do, when you're bringing new beer from fridge". Well, I bet no beer nor sex during the next few weeks, but at least I have now some play time...

what's a torrent swarm? sorry im a newb :D

Basically you add up the upload speed of everyone who can seed the torrent and have it complete, that total right now is about 450Mbit so it's the total speed at which the demo can be shared via torrent, I think that's it anyway, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ;) Obviously once it goes public in 2 hours the swarm will grow and grow :)

I don't need the demo, but I'll help with the torrent. :)

Well right now we have a decent amount to start so I'll raise the limit to all those with 10Mbit and above upload speed, but thanks for the kind offer :)

im going to the store to buy me Crysis, then to kill time for the ArmA 2 demo... not much hopes though my pc specs suck to play it :( God damn you Pentium 4 !!

lol, if you dont think you can run arma 2 then crysis is probally way out the water for you

Demo ! wooooott :yay:

What do you guys use for downloading torrents ? (a good software if possible :p)

Personally, I hope the demo is on Utes for hardware reasons..........

What do you guys use for downloading torrents ? (a good software if possible :p)

Utorrent, absolute best by a mile IMO.

If you want to test it you can grab the 1.02 patch which we released last week as a torrent: http://www.legittorrents.info/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=411d3a5798507dd54a2037340e01729f433c0eca

Personally, I hope the demo is on Utes for hardware reasons..........

bitcomet

cant go wrong

Thanks guys for the quick answers !

(I choose utorrent because Placebo provided a link :D)

Im going out to plant some damn bushes and stuff in the garden. Its about 26 degrees here (Celsius) and sun is shining so it would be nice idea to spend some time outside. Max 2 hours...

Im going out to plant some damn bushes and stuff in the garden. Its about 26 degrees here (Celsius) and sun is shining so it would be nice idea to spend some time outside. Max 2 hours...

Leave your cell number and I'll call you when the torrent's up ;)

Does the demo have pretty much exact same requirements as the full game? If so, I must wait :(

Does the demo have pretty much exact same requirements as the full game? If so, I must wait :(

It's possible that the demo will run a bit smoother, as they are only using part of Chernarus, similar to the ArmA1 demo where they only used South Sahrani. I'm not saying performance will definitely be better, but it might.

lol, if you dont think you can run arma 2 then crysis is probally way out the water for you

Well i can run crysis at 22 fps or such but ArmA 2 is more demanding then crysis right?

Well i can run crysis at 22 fps or such but ArmA 2 is more demanding then crysis right?

where'd you hear that? as someone already said, you should be runnng it at normal settings

I actually ordered the boxed game already from play.com and it should be here tomorrow on Friday. So in theory and technically I don't need demo anymore. But! I'll still download it, there are namely punch of chaps, who do not have it yet (the full game) and so we can practise MP with demo. So +1 why demo is still needed.

And slightly OT, as I couldn't resist: 2PM GMT - 3PM CET in topic has a slight conceptual error. Technically it is exactly correct as CET is GMT+1. But in Europe we have right now a Summer Time (daylight saving time) and therefore 2pm GMT is 4pm CET, also called as CETS, where S stands for Summer. Yes, I know, I'm smart-ass IT guy...

BWahahahahah! First post: 'The demo will come out tomorrow' - Is Placebo the Shirley Temple of software design? Good one. Took me a minute.

Congrats on the demo BIS. If it's on par with 1.02, it'll be a great sales device.

And slightly OT, as I couldn't resist: 2PM GMT - 3PM CET in topic has a slight conceptual error. Technically it is exactly correct as CET is GMT+1. But in Europe we have right now a Summer Time (daylight saving time) and therefore 2pm GMT is 4pm CET, also called as CETS, where S stands for Summer. Yes, I know, I'm smart-ass IT guy...

Hmm that's a good point, better make it 4pm CET then ;)

picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=35