Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Dynamic Coop for WW4 modpack 1

This is CCE2 (sequel to the old CoIn Coop Engine). The players are East Army fighting insurgents on Malden (though the units and island can be changed with little work).

Beta 4 was released for a seperate mod, so that is why the WW4 version jumped from beta 3 to beta 5. The biggest change is that method of changing to new units has been greatly simplified. You no longer have to learn unit names and edit arrays, now you simply place a group in the editor and run a single script on it.

What's New in Beta 5?

=====================

- Added seperate unit arrays and skill levels for enemy infantry, militia and elite units

- Converted to Russian units versus Resistance

- Made artillery auto-detect the ammo they use

- Various minor bug-fixes

What's New in Beta 4?

=====================

- Add several new scripts to allow adding in-editor units to build the arrays in CCE\DefineUnits.sqs

- Added an array for enemy squad leaders, allowing them to be defined seperately from infantry

- Fixed a bug with placing the CAS logic

- Added a single entry for friendly pilots in CCE\DefineUnits.sqs

- Removed some obsolete arrays from CCE\DefineUnits.sqs

New in beta 3

- Crates now auto-detect the ammo required by troops in your squad (no need to edit scripts for new unit types)

- Added an airstrike option (freefall bombs or cluster munitions)

- Increased squad size to 8 men

- Made the friendly squad leaders into marksmen and added extra AT troops and autoriflemen

- Added an option to buy Bradleys

- Added a helo to the camp at the start

- Made the mortars captives

- Made the mortars have 100% ammo at start

- Added binoculars, NVGs and some other goodies to crates.

- Added an extra tent to house the CoC UA radios

- Added militia groups to some towns (randomly generated by CAP)

- Added an airstrike option

- Removed a bug where if the players were spotted once, the enemy would endlessly spot them for the rest of the game, even if they weren't in contact

- Added much longer pauses to CAP camps spawning enemy units

- Added CAS gun camera

- Tweaked values for enemy camps/patrols (reduced enemy reaction range/skill)

- Added Rescue mission

- Added Destroy vehicle dump mission

- Added Destroy camp mission

- Added Search and destroy mission

New features in beta 2:

- DAC replacement scripts, more integrated into the CCE2 system (and easier for players to tweak)

- Satellite scan ability

- Enemy Convoy and Downed Helo missions

- Default BIS unit template included

- Easier to mod

Features:

- MP/SP (a lot more fun in coop of course)

- 5 mission types

- Heaps of different locations

- Uses WW4modpack1 and CoC UA

- Wandering AI (similar to DAC)

- Enemy AI calls for backup and shares information

- Enemy AI can call mortars on the players

- Destroy enemy camps to reduce the flow of enemy units

- Very easy to mod (most arrays for units etc are in a single .sqs file)

- Can support multiple player groups

- Gain points to recruit new troops/vehicles

- In-squad respawn

It's nothing ground-breaking, but it's a lot of fun. The missions are a bit simplistic, but the combo of randomised AI and the varied mission locations can really surprise you.

Download CCE2 beta 5 (~274kb)

Requires:

WW4modpack1

CoC UA 1.1

If you play, please post feedback here.

Edited by Drongo69

Fantastic mission, i will try it out tonight. Is it easy to convert so that Resistance is the playing side? smile_o.gif

Is it easy to convert so that Resistance is the playing side?  smile_o.gif

From memory, I think DAC may have some issues with players as Resistance. However, you can use Resistance units on East or West by grouping them to an East or West leader with 0% chance of appearing.

The reinforcement units you define can be anything, they will spawn into the player's group.

So, whilst you won't be playing on the Res side, you can play as resistance forces against East or West. If you run into any trouble, post here and I'll see if I can help out.

Great mission !

I took a little break from my usual modding time to give a run and i had a lot of fun.

Here is a small AAR of the misadventures of my specops section :

When requesting a mission i was ordered to deliver a truck to one of the town far away, i decided to take the JeepMG and the truck itself to get my squad on the move.

somewhere in the middle, a T55 was detected, fortunately it was not in position to open fire to us thanks to the terrain configuration there as i was going slow with the small visibility i had because of the hills.

So we disembarked and i instructed my rocket guy to kick the T55 to oblivion.

He did so but we lost a man in the process.

With the survivors we got back to our travel, but this time i would not be inside vehicles but would open the way by running ahead of the small convoy.

I decided to get a shortcut instead of following the roads, but we were ambushed near the town, by an enemy troop coming from behind a hill and another one that was camping in a forest. Good i was ahead of the cars, so i was able to have my squad disembarking without being under fire.

We got rid easily of the hill based enemy, but we lost both the gunner and driver of the JeepMG, i went myself to the MG station to shoot at the forest insurgent but thanks to the awesome OFP physics with the jeep deciding to bounce up and down even when immobile when it is not on a road, aiming was impossible, so i was back in prone position behind the Jeep, as i was becoming the target of heavy suppressing fire.

At some point of the firefight i got shot and went in command of the marksman of my squad, his acog made it easier to get the forest troops to retreat after sniping them.

We were only two survivors of this insanity.

I went to the JeepMG as the driver and ordered the last squadmate to mount the MG, but for unknown reason he dismounted each time he went on it.

So i had to do my recon alone with the Jeep, without any gunner to help, hoping i would be quick enough to find the damned eject action to get out of the jeep as those things are bullet magnets.

Fortunately none was there , so i went back and i drove the truck to the town and left my guy at the town entry, just in case, as the retreating enemy could always come back.

Once the mission completed was done, i had the surprise to see that there was no classical extraction , i had to go back to base on my own biggrin_o.gif

So we headed to the Jeep we left out of town, and noticed a truck coming near to it, then unloading a bunch of insurgents.

Fortunately my Acog was really helpfull in this situation and i removed the threat.

But it was then that sustained fire came again from the forest, taking out my last squadmate and a grenade coming out of nowhere nearly murdered my marksman, i was forced to crawl into town for cover as there were wounds all over me.

I managed to spot 2 insurgents coming from the forest and shot them.

Now the place seemed to be clean and clear, i went back crawling to the jeep and fortunately it was always working and began to drive to base.

After some distance, unfortunately it was the time 2 T55 choose to appear after a hill , shot their canon to my Jeep, incredibly missed it, but their machineguns did not missed the driver.

What a mess i made of this theorically simple truck delivering biggrin_o.gif

A little recommendation if you don't play with other people and so wants to play it offline is actually to NOT play it from the single player -> mission menu.

But instead launch OFP, select Multiplayer then put the "Adress :" to LAN and click New, then select Desert Malden then the Mission itself.

This way you can fully use the squad respawn feature.

Tacrod, each time i killed what i think was a full AI squad (and when my AT guy destroyed the lone T55 in the beginning, as it was a full squad by itself) this error message appeared :

555h.jpg

Maybe some scripts that have not registered the death of a whole group and try to get informations about their members ?

Good AAR Sanctuary, and a remarkably familiar story. When I was testing the earlier version of this mission with Chops, he made the comment that "they really don't want what we're delivering" biggrin_o.gif

It is a pretty tough mission, I usually play it coop with two squads of 6 (one for each player), but we rarely make it more than 3 missions without being wiped out. When I was testing in SP, I cheated and gave myself a Hind to help make things easier.

That script error you posted has been nagging me for weeks. I think it is something to do with the changes I made to DAC. I may try pasting in a clean DAC folder and see if that fixes it.

what i was going to do was use my Nogovan Light Infantry in a mission, but ive come to conclusion im going to do a west and east config for the addon. So i should be alright now converting the mission for them. smile_o.gif

Hi,

This is potentially a great mission.

ww4 is an amazing piece of work, and i used to play the coin coop some time back.

i am having a big problem.

loading @cce2 from "desert malden" in mp, the game crashes to desktop with this error prompt:

Preprocessor failed on file

mpmissions\_cur_mp.ww4_DesertAbel\description.ext - error 1

wonder if you have a view of what might be the problem?, (as instructed in the zip file , i pasted the relevant files into the specified folders, in the main ofp directory).

thanks in advance.

i am having a big problem.

loading @cce2 from "desert malden" in mp, the game crashes to desktop with this error prompt:

Preprocessor failed on file

mpmissions\_cur_mp.ww4_DesertAbel\description.ext - error 1

I'm not sure why only one person would have this problem. Did you edit the mission at all before playing it? Try playing the editor version and see if you get the same problem. If not, delete the mission from your MP missions folder, then save the editor version as an MP mission.

Also, I'll check the download version to see if I have the same problem,  will post an update in 2-3 hours.

EDIT: I downloaded it again and had no problem launching the mission in MP. Maybe try downloading and installing again?

If i remember well, the error message appear when some scripts and functions are just not found.

In that case i think the problem may come from the CoC UA 1.1 addons that has not been installed correctly, as all the other scripts are contained inside the misson PBO itself.

thx sanctuary and tacrod.

after your replies, it gave me a direction to work with.

it turns out the coc auto-install created a @coc folder.

seeing that the install was auto, i failed spot the folder.

adding the -mod=@coc to the shortcut did the trick.

thx again. the ofp community is really the best.

Hi, thanks for this amazing work.

I found this today and I installed OFP again to play this campaing with my friends.

Excuse my, I deal well with arma addons, but I´m not sure If I installed all correctly.

Could u tell me where I can find some step by step in order to put this well?

Thanks a lot.

Here is a detailled how to if you never used mods or missions in OFP :

-Install OFP and the Resistance expansion , or OFP GOTY that contains both anyways.

-Patch your game to version 1.96

-Download the WW4 modpack 1.0

-Open the .rar archive, take the folder named @ww4mod1 that is inside and put it in

...Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\

So you would obtain

...Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@ww4mod1\

Now if you want to launch the WW4 mod, just edit an OFP shortcut target line and add

-nomap -nosplash -mod=@ww4mod1

-Download CoC UA 1.1

Extract the CoC_UA110_Setup.exe file from it and launch this executable.

It will install the addons, missions and documents of the CoC unified Artillery to your OFP directory.

It will create a shortcut to launch the COC UA , as it is installed as a mod, and has created a folder named @CoC in your OFP directory.

The shortcut contains in its target line

-nomap -nosplash -mod=@CoC

-Now to launch both WW4 and CoC UA in the same time , as both mods are perfectly compatible, just modify either your WW4 or CoC UA shortcut, and make it so the target line contain :

-nomap -nosplash -mod=@CoC;@ww4mod1

This way the WW4 mod is activated in last, it means it takes priority in case of conflicts between mod values (you need WW4 to take priority anyways).

-Now install the mission CCE2, you need to download it first

-Open the RAR archive and take the CCE2 folder that is inside of it.

Inside of this folder you see

** a folder named "to user mission", take the folder named "@CCE2.WW4_DesertAbel" that is inside of it, and put this folder in

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Users\YOURUSERNAME\missions\

That is the editable version so you can open it in the mission editor and modify it to your needs.

** a folder named "to MPMissions" it contains the mission itself "" .

While you can play it in solo, to take advantages of all the features (or just play it in Multiplayer), you need to put that mission in your :

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\MPMissions\

** a folder named "to Addons" that contains "cti_markers.pbo" you need to put this file in either :

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Res\AddOns\

or

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Addons\

or

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@ww4mod1\addons\

or

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@CoC\Addons\

Not important in which one you put it, but it is important to have this addon present.

That should be all, but to avoid problems, be sure to use your modified shortcut that will launch both COC UA and WW4 at the same time.

Sanctuary, thanks a lot.

I got some error messages playing the mission, probably because the mod order in the shorcut.

PD: OFP AI are millions times better than Arma AI, this mission is another example of that.

PD2: Any suggestion in how to change units and the island where this mission run?

EDIT:

Thanks again, now It´s working perfect.

Do you think to make more versions with diferent units, island or OPFOR?

Edited by OverCharger

About customizing this campaing, plese tell me if its posible to change the respawn method.

I´m trying to learn about this on OFP.

In Arma, my community make missions using revive scripts.

Exist this in OFP?

Thanks again.

Edited by OverCharger

When it comes to MP-specific mission scripting, i don't have enough knowledge to be able to help.

Check on OFPEC, they have plenty of scripts, there is an OFP revive script there :

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=308&game=OFP

Now to modify this mission, use the "editable" version i mentionned in the previous post, the folder named " @CCE2.WW4_DesertAbel "

To port it for another island, try to modify the

WW4_DesertAbel

part of this mission name into another island class name, by example to get the mission occuring on the regular Malden, instead of WW4_DesertAbel , it would be Abel so the mission folder would then need to be modified from

@CCE2.WW4_DesertAbel

into

@CCE2.Abel

Etc...

But important to notice that when island are completely different in size, locations etc... sometime the various markers/triggers etc... can end into very weird place, sometime making the editing even more difficult when some markers/triggers/units are all translocated into a single point.

This is a very good starting point.

I found the array of markers in the define.sqs, where I can find the coordinates?

Now I´m going to try to change units in both sides.

Thanks a lot.

PD: Where I can find your previous dynamic missions? Only here?

Edited by OverCharger

First, copy the folder under "to user missions" to your user missions folder. Open this up in the editor and simply drag the markers to where you want them to be. You can add new markers on the map, just make sure to add them to the appropriate array in define.sqs. If you have any more editing questions, please post them here. I tried to design the thing to be fairly easy to mod.

For my older dynamic stuff, do a search for CoIn, CoIn Coop Engine (CCE) and Combined Arms Engine (CAE). Also, check "Dynamic Afghanistan" by Honchoblack, that was a much improved and very popular improvement of the original CoIn. I also released CoIn Command and CoIn2, but I think they were pretty buggy.

I think this mission is already easy to mod, you did a great work here.

I´m a beginner with little experience changing units, changing respawn method and adding units on Arma missions. I modified Xeno´s Domination missions with RHS units and Chilean Mod units for my community, but really I'm a newbie on this.

Thanks for the explanation.

PD1: Drongo69 = Sanctuary?

PD2: Why I don´t found anything like this on Arma?

I am not the author of this mission, TacRod/Drongo is.

For ArmA, there is this adaptation with lots of modification of the concept created by TacRod originally.

:o Sorry, Tacrod and Sanctuary. My mystake.

I already have this mission for Arma, but is only for single player. I´m talking about multiplayer fun like this Dynamic coop.

In Arma you have Evolutions, Dominations (a good mission for me) and DS Sabotage, but none like this one. I think Sabotage is closer to your idea, but base respawn and boring arma AI make it worse.

Thanks again both of you.

Edited by OverCharger

The mission is pretty easy to mod, even with just a little scripting ability. Most of what you need is either in define.sqs or the DAC files. Chops and I talked about making a version based around helo pilots. Most of the work for this we'll just be changing DAC settings. A bit more complexity may arise if we add new mission types.

I don't know of any similar missions for ArmA, and I won't be converting this one anytime soon. The simple fact is that OFP is vastly superior to ArmA. Since ArmA2 looks more like ArmA 1.5, I expect I'll be sticking with OFP until a true successor comes along.

Edited by Drongo69

I started yerterday at night.

Obviously, the first attempt was port the mission to default Malden. The mission runs without any problem. After that, I identified the triggers and markers for my next attempt of port this mission in another island. Soon, I´m going to ask about that.

Some island of your taste?

I pretend to use the excellent units provided by WW4, with the correct camo of course.

I need to put every class of blu and opfor in the corresponding array, only in the file define.sqs?

If I want to add vehicles or aircraft, I have to use the corresponding vehicle array? (empty by default).

Thanks, I'm having a lot of fun doing this.

Edited by OverCharger

The friendly units are all handled by CCE2. The enemy men spawned as mission objectives are also handled by CCE2. The roaming enemy men and vehicles (also the camps) are all handled by DAC and are not defined in Define.sqs.

For the troops that you start with, simply change them in the editor. For the troops you can buy as reinforcements, add them to CCE_Troops in define.sqs. The format for each troop is

["The description that appears in the menu",point cost,unit class name]

For the vehicles you can buy, the format is basically the same, but you need to edit the array CCE_Vehicles.

For enemy troops that are spawned for misson objectives, edit CCE_EnemyInfantry (simply add the classes you want in any order). CCE_EnemyVehicles is not used, it's old code.

For the rest of the enemy units (men and vehicles), edit DAC\DAC_Config_Units.sqs. _Unit_Pool_S is for enemy men. Be careful, the first three entries are special. I think the order is VehicleCrewman,Pilot,Officer. After that, add the units you want in any order.

_Unit_Pool_V is the soft vehicles used by the enemy, add the ones you want in any order. _Unit_Pool_T is the AFVs used by the enemy, add the ones you want in any order.

As for good islands, it depends on what you want. DMA Libya and Afghan Everon are good desert islands. The VTE mod has heaps of jungle islands. Tonal Redux has a great island too.

Ok, before your answer I ported your mission to Ivtiliac.

I changed the folder name like Malden previously and moved towns and area markers.

I didn´t see any enemy on roads like your mission and several FIA vehicles arrive to my position but they didn´t fire against me or the enemy.

All the other stuff seems to be working and I didn´t get any error message.

For Sanctuary, where I can find the WW4 soldier classes?. I found only the weapons classes in mod folder.

PD: Is normal not to hear the voices of your teammates?

Edited by OverCharger

I think WW4 takes out the teammate voices, as this makes them respond to your orders much faster.

To get the classes of the units you want, make a mission with each of the units you want placed in the editor, save it, then look at the mission.sqm file.

Not sure about your other problems. Are you West? Are the FIA East or Res?