Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Vehicle & Weapons Browser

Here's a little tool to browse through all the objects available in the game, and to display them on the map.

This should come in handy if you're taking reference screenshots, and want to quickly go through a bunch of objects, having the same orientation.

But it's also a quick and easy way to have a look at everything that's available (not just the stuff that's in the editor menus).

It displays everything that's in cfgVehicles (which are infantry units, vehicles, buildings, etc.) as well as all the weapons that have visible models. (The collections used are not read from stored lists, but are read dynamically from the game resources. That way any future expansions or any current installed addons will be automatically included.)

This is what it looks like:

man.jpg

busstop.jpg

weapon.jpg

http://kronzky.info/objectbrowser/

Really great work Kronzky.

This definatly will come in handy, together with all the tools we have already for mission making, really nice biggrin_o.gif

Did you try the SP Mission The Library? wink_o.gif

Anyway, good work! smile_o.gif

A great simple tool for us mission makers smile_o.gif

Yeah, I have no idea what's going on with those fingers... wink_o.gif

The model is probably only defined for specific animations. For the default stance I guess they didn't bother taking care of the hands...

BTW - there's a little update to the script:

It will now also read the class cfgNonAiVehicles, which contains lampposts and animals (as well as a lot of other, invisible stuff).

There's also an option to move items up and down (see the updated images in the first post), and to hide the sidemenu (for wide objects that take up the whole screen):

pier.jpg

I've unlocked all single player missions except for one, now. I wonder what the next one could be? Hmm... Thanks for the spoiler.

That assumes that you actually want to wade through the entire SP campaign in order to unlock everything. crazy_o.gifrofl.gif Or is the manual wrong and it's no longer required? huh.gif

If it still is required, no thanks. I didn't buy ArmA for the SP campaign. I bought ArmA just for the MP and the editing. xmas_o.gif

Great mod. Where does one load in the files (which folder)?

It's an editable mission.

Just put it either into the mission folder in your main game directory, or into the mission folder in your profile path.

Then call it up in the editor, and start browsing.

If you've never looked at the cfgVehicles before, it's probably a good idea to check it out on the Wiki first, so you won't get lost in it... wink_o.gif

Since the browser will list *any* item in that class, whether they have a displayable model or not, a lot of the items will not show anything when you select them. That's normal, and nothing to be concerned about.

Since I've received a lot of questions regarding addons, I figured I'll emphasize it here once more:

The browser will display ANY item that's available in the game, whether it's official ArmA objects, or items that are installed via an addon.

Here, for example is Mapfact's AH64 (and the respective config entries):

map_ah64.jpg