Hello there Forum! I am happy to announce my new map project:

The Golanheights in Israel/Syria

The map will be 10km x 10km, so it will have a complete size of around 100km².

It will feature several cities and many small villages for some intense CQB-Fighting, many military areals and also at least 2 airports and maybe some unfortified airstrips.

qDZA94Nl.jpg

qKQP5hbl.jpg

GXo9JqZl.jpg

o5vMgIkl.jpg

o9uFMeSl.jpg

RTUwlMvl.jpg

mRt8jZ1l.jpg

iUKABN0l.jpg

AzIpTFDl.jpg

There will be a highly mountainous part for the infantry and wide and flat plaines for some intense armored fighting.

rPK0isOl.jpg

The map is made according to real life data (BIG THANKS TO CYPE FOR THEM!) which will be adapted for gaming purpose.

I won't do this map completly alone, i will have help with the object placement by daSh, from the Legion

Some more screenshots are available here.

For these map the beautiful JBAD Buildings are a requirement!

Please give me some feedback to the map and tell me which features you think are a completly must have you want to see on it, we will make it possible!

Greetz, Don!

Edited by ItsDonJon

All we need now are some centurians, T55's and T62's....

Awesome

I see a coastline. Anything with water access gets a thumbs-up from me!:thumb:

Hey DonJon (Jona),

i like to see the progress on this (my :p ) Map, keep up the good work

and i hope to test a Alpha version soon. :yay:

Edited by 19thCypeRevenge

Nice. I scoured google earth for places that would make great arma maps and would also be geopolitically significant enough to warrant a battle. This was one of the ones at the top of the list. Glad someone is tackling the area.

I see a coastline. Anything with water access gets a thumbs-up from me!

Yes, one side is the cost of the Sea of Galilee to enable other approaches for missions (e.g. SEALS)

Hey DonJon (Jona),

i like to see the progress on this (my ) Map, keep up the good work

and i hope to test a Alpha version soon.

Sure! I'm planning to work on small quarters..so they will always be an already playable/testable area (for now arround 1-2km² is "finished"/objects are placed)

Nice. I scoured google earth for places that would make great arma maps and would also be geopolitically significant enough to warrant a battle. This was one of the ones at the top of the list. Glad someone is tackling the area.

Thats why i liked Cype's idea. The area is "logic" to have some big wars in the next few years..unfortunately. Also the area has a nice mixture of hills and plains.

I'll keep this thread updated with pictures!

Greetz, Don!

Would be great with the first mission of harvest red remake (before the shitty warfare mod), hunting down hamas with the tsahal

Would be great with the first mission of harvest red remake (before the shitty warfare mod), hunting down hamas with the tsahal

Hey! Feel free to port that mission on the map as soon as it is possible! I will try to get regular playable versions for you guys :)

Thank you for the kind words!

i have a big request for all of you interested in this map: Tell me some ideas what you want to see on that map! Caves, special compounds, etcetc. its hard to have good ideas on a terrain that big :) Also names for villages are welcome and requested! :D

Hi ItsDonJon! If I can suggest an idea, is it pobbible to add a big port? I ask this cause I don't see images of ports. So is it pobbile to have one big? To park a carrier or a LHD, or add there some kind of "tunnels" (drain) to add the scuba insertion possible? Sorry for my english if you don't understand!

Hey! Actually there is a small port in the city i'm building atm! And there's no reason why i shouldnt make it a little bit bigger! ;) :)

Thank you :)

I have a question for all of you! What would you like more? A loyal-to-reality version or a modified (for gaming/look) version? I am talking about the countryside, cities and villages will be modified for gaming purposes :)

For example: My version of a hill: 6kqkadbl.jpg

and the real hill: https://www.google.de/maps/place/Golan/@32.787601,35.632645,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1s-L8X2mV3DBMA%2FT6jofGYo9qI%2FAAAAAAAABOk%2FYTyIio5VlUw!2e4!3e12!6s%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-L8X2mV3DBMA%2FT6jofGYo9qI%2FAAAAAAAABOk%2FYTyIio5VlUw%2Fs203-k-no%2F!7i1024!8i683!4m2!3m1!1s0x151ea86dae7bdc5f:0xe12ffe365d6c370a

what do you think? I think i would prefer a modified approach, because without any vegetation/few vegetation you would have many troubles to get to your operation area.

greetz, Don!

Oh well you will get a lot of different opinions on that question ;). I personally would prefer the real deal but I can understand the guys that want a modified one.

I would say real as long as it is still possible to get to the top and back down without falling and dying, at least until we there is rock climbing gear in arma :P

kJ07Jmtl.jpg

Prepare your postcards!

I just wanted to let you know i'm working hard on the map! :)

It's nice to hear about your progress dude. I think this, once u release it, I'll start to make mission on it! Keep going the good job, really like it!

So the last few days/weeks i worked on the first city of Golan! Here is a picture delievering an overview:

Kom0KK9l.jpg

The city consists of an industrial part, an old part (left side) and the "normal & modern" part with an old roman ruin inside. I could post some more pictures tommorrow :)

So here are some pictures of the new city Ein Gev

As usual please give me some feedback, its the only way to improve the map!!

iI0Pcvwl.jpg

qDZA94Nl.jpg

qKQP5hbl.jpg

GXo9JqZl.jpg

o5vMgIkl.jpg

o9uFMeSl.jpg

RTUwlMvl.jpg

mRt8jZ1l.jpg

iUKABN0l.jpg

AzIpTFDl.jpg

Greetz, Don!

Edited by ItsDonJon

Are you using Jbad Buildings if not i would recommend replacing all A2 assets with the Jbad Buildings.

Are you using Jbad Buildings if not i would recommend replacing all A2 assets with the Jbad Buildings.

Yeah, i am using JBAD! Best desert-y buildings available at the moment. I may add Opteryx' Buildings as soon as they are available.

Greetz, Don!

EDIT: Oh, i forgot to mention the new Harbor! NepAJSkl.jpg

Here are more screens

Edited by ItsDonJon