Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

[WIP] CorePatch: config patch for ArmA 2 OA

This is the last update of CorePatch before Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! See you on 2015! :yay:

Regards,

goliath86

Merry Xmas to you goliath86 and thanks for the fixes ;)

Yes, merry Christmas and a good new year to you goliath86, thanks for all your work here.

hi,

I am currently making a warfare mission for myself.

but when I use the normal artillery module I get an error saying artillery scripts could not be found in corepatch.

Is this a known error?

My goal for this mission is that I can buy artillery pieces during the battle and get support.

Is there another way I can get that or is there a fix for this?

hi,

I am currently making a warfare mission for myself.

but when I use the normal artillery module I get an error saying artillery scripts could not be found in corepatch.

Is this a known error?

My goal for this mission is that I can buy artillery pieces during the battle and get support.

Is there another way I can get that or is there a fix for this?

I just set up from scratch a basic Warfare mission with artillery support included, and using Corepatch encountered no errors at all when the artillery was called in.

But there may be a conflict occurring between Warfare and your placed Artillery module that Corepatch is caught in the middle of. Warfare has its own configured artillery support. A placed arty module isn't required in a Warfare mission because Warfare is already configured to provide artillery support when parameters are set up. The Warfare params must be included in your description.ext in order to use the configured artillery support.

After upgrading Corepatch from 1.0.0.16 to 1.0.0.17, found it might not be a conflict occurring. But the rest remains sound, and found WF's artillery works with Corepatch 1.0.0.17 as well.)

Warfare Parameters from the example missions of the module:

(Note: These params must remain in the order listed to work. Artillery is the 11th param.)

class Params 
{
//Victory Conditions.
class VictoryTime
{
	title = $STRWFMISSIONENDTIME;
	values[] = {-1,30,45,60,90,120,180,300};
	texts[] = {$STRWFNA,"30","45","60","90","120","180","300"};
	default = -1;
};

class VictoryScore
{
	title = $STRWFSCORENEEDED;
	values[] = {-1,10,25,50,100,150,250,500,1000};
	texts[] = {$STRWFNA,"10","25","50","100","150","250","500","1000"};
	default = -1;
};

class VictoryTowns
{
	title = $STRWFTOWNSNEEDED;
	values[] = {-1,1000,1,2,3,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40};
	texts[] = {$STRWFNA,$STRWFALL,"1","2","3","5","10","15","20","25","30","35","40"};
	default = -1;
};

//Mission variables.
class CapturableTowns
{
	title = $STRWFTOWNSPRESENT;
	values[] = {-1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,15,20,25,30,35,40};
	texts[] = {$STRWFALL,"1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9","10","15","20","25","30","35","40"};
	default = 10;
};

class FasterTime
{
	title = $STRWFPARAM1C;
	values[] = {0,0.25,0.5,1,2,4};
	texts[] = {$STRWFOFF,$STRWFFASTTIME15,$STRWFFASTTIME30,$STRWFFASTTIME60,$STRWFFASTTIME120,$STRWFFASTTIME240};
	default = 0;
};

class MinStartingDistance
{
	title = $STRWFMINSTARTDISTANCE;
	values[] = {0,-500,-250,250,500,2500};
	texts[] = {$STRWFMISSIONDEFAULT,$STRWFVERYLOW,$STRWFLOW,$STRWFMEDIUM,$STRWFHIGH,$STRWFVERYHIGH};
	default = 0;
};

class MiscSettings
{
	title = $STRWFMISCSETTINGS;
	values[] = {0,1,2,3};
	texts[] = {$STRWFALLON,$STRWFALLOFF,$STRWFNOCIVS,$STRWFNOGRASS};
	default = 0;
};

class NeutralOpposition
{
	title = $STRWFNEUTRALOPPOSITION;
	values[] = {-2,-1,0,1,2,3};
	texts[] = {$STRWFVERYLOW,$STRWFLOW,$STRWFNORMAL,$STRWFMEDIUM,$STRWFHIGH,$STRWFVERYHIGH};
	default = 0;
};

class SideColorScheme
{
	title = $STRWFSIDECOLORSCHEME;
	values[] = {0,1};
	texts[] = {$STRWFABSOLUTECOLORS,$STRWFRELATIVECOLORS};
	default = 0;
};

class StartTime
{
	title = $STRWFSTARTTIME;
	values[] = {-1,100,5,7,11,12,14,18,22,2};
	texts[] = {$STRWFMISSIONDEFAULT,$STRWFRANDOM,$STRWFEARLYMORNING,$STRWFMORNING,$STRWFEARLYAFTERNOON,$STRWFAFTERNOON,$STRWFLATEAFTERNOON,$STRWFEVENING,$STRWFNIGHT,$STRWFLATENIGHT};
	default = -1;
};

class Support
{
	title = $STRWFSUPPORT;
	values[] = {-1,0,1,2,3,4};
	texts[] = {$STRWFMISSIONDEFAULT,$STRWFNONE,$STRWFFREE,$STRWFCHEAP,$STRWFNORMAL,$STRWFEXPENSIVE};
	default = -1;
};

class TownSpawnRange
{
	title = $STRWFTOWNRANGE;
	values[] = {-4,-2,0,2,4,8};
	texts[] = {$STRWFVERYLOW,$STRWFLOW,$STRWFNORMAL,$STRWFMEDIUM,$STRWFHIGH,$STRWFVERYHIGH};
	default = 0;
};

class TownSpawnTime
{
	title = $STRWFTOWNTIME;
	values[] = {-90,-30,0,90,150,450};
	default = 0;
};

class GameMode
{
	title = $STR_MP_TYPE_COOP;
	values[] = {0,1};
	texts[] = {$STRWFNO,$STRWFYES};
	default = 0;
};

class LimitedWarfare
{
	title = $STR_EP1_WFLIMITEDWARFARE;
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 0;
};
};

When starting the mission, select parameter "Support: -Free", "-Cheap", "-Normal" or "-Expensive". Those are the settings that allow Warfare's configured arty to be used.

(More info on the param settings in the end note of this post: )

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73329-Secondary-Ops-Manager-Module-Discussion&p=2790428&viewfull=1#post2790428

You can purchase your own artillery pieces, use them, crew them with your own units, or call on AI artillery from base when manned by AI and part of the base defense. No artillery module needed.

If you intend to configure arty support for your mission, to fit a particular scenario, you should probably use a custom init and work it into the Warfare Support scripts, or use triggers, rather than using an arty module.

Edited by OpusFmSPol

I just set up from scratch a basic Warfare mission with artillery support included, and using Corepatch encountered no errors at all when the artillery was called in.

But there may be a conflict occurring between Warfare and your placed Artillery module that Corepatch is caught in the middle of. Warfare has its own configured artillery support. A placed arty module isn't required in a Warfare mission because Warfare is already configured to provide artillery support when parameters are set up. The Warfare params must be included in your description.ext in order to use the configured artillery support.

Warfare Parameters from the example missions of the module:

(Note: These params must remain in the order listed to work. Artillery is the 11th param.)

class Params 
{
//Victory Conditions.
class VictoryTime
{
	title = $STRWFMISSIONENDTIME;
	values[] = {-1,30,45,60,90,120,180,300};
	texts[] = {$STRWFNA,"30","45","60","90","120","180","300"};
	default = -1;
};

class VictoryScore
{
	title = $STRWFSCORENEEDED;
	values[] = {-1,10,25,50,100,150,250,500,1000};
	texts[] = {$STRWFNA,"10","25","50","100","150","250","500","1000"};
	default = -1;
};

class VictoryTowns
{
	title = $STRWFTOWNSNEEDED;
	values[] = {-1,1000,1,2,3,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40};
	texts[] = {$STRWFNA,$STRWFALL,"1","2","3","5","10","15","20","25","30","35","40"};
	default = -1;
};

//Mission variables.
class CapturableTowns
{
	title = $STRWFTOWNSPRESENT;
	values[] = {-1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,15,20,25,30,35,40};
	texts[] = {$STRWFALL,"1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9","10","15","20","25","30","35","40"};
	default = 10;
};

class FasterTime
{
	title = $STRWFPARAM1C;
	values[] = {0,0.25,0.5,1,2,4};
	texts[] = {$STRWFOFF,$STRWFFASTTIME15,$STRWFFASTTIME30,$STRWFFASTTIME60,$STRWFFASTTIME120,$STRWFFASTTIME240};
	default = 0;
};

class MinStartingDistance
{
	title = $STRWFMINSTARTDISTANCE;
	values[] = {0,-500,-250,250,500,2500};
	texts[] = {$STRWFMISSIONDEFAULT,$STRWFVERYLOW,$STRWFLOW,$STRWFMEDIUM,$STRWFHIGH,$STRWFVERYHIGH};
	default = 0;
};

class MiscSettings
{
	title = $STRWFMISCSETTINGS;
	values[] = {0,1,2,3};
	texts[] = {$STRWFALLON,$STRWFALLOFF,$STRWFNOCIVS,$STRWFNOGRASS};
	default = 0;
};

class NeutralOpposition
{
	title = $STRWFNEUTRALOPPOSITION;
	values[] = {-2,-1,0,1,2,3};
	default = 0;
};

class SideColorScheme
{
	title = $STRWFSIDECOLORSCHEME;
	values[] = {0,1};
	texts[] = {$STRWFABSOLUTECOLORS,$STRWFRELATIVECOLORS};
	default = 0;
};

class StartTime
{
	title = $STRWFSTARTTIME;
	values[] = {-1,100,5,7,11,12,14,18,22,2};
	texts[] = {$STRWFMISSIONDEFAULT,$STRWFRANDOM,$STRWFEARLYMORNING,$STRWFMORNING,$STRWFEARLYAFTERNOON,$STRWFAFTERNOON,$STRWFLATEAFTERNOON,$STRWFEVENING,$STRWFNIGHT,$STRWFLATENIGHT};
	default = -1;
};

class Support
{
	title = $STRWFSUPPORT;
	values[] = {-1,0,1,2,3,4};
	texts[] = {$STRWFMISSIONDEFAULT,$STRWFNONE,$STRWFFREE,$STRWFCHEAP,$STRWFNORMAL,$STRWFEXPENSIVE};
	default = -1;
};

class TownSpawnRange
{
	title = $STRWFTOWNRANGE;
	values[] = {-4,-2,0,2,4,8};
	default = 0;
};

class TownSpawnTime
{
	title = $STRWFTOWNTIME;
	values[] = {-90,-30,0,90,150,450};
	default = 0;
};

class GameMode
{
	title = $STR_MP_TYPE_COOP;
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 0;
};

class LimitedWarfare
{
	title = $STR_EP1_WFLIMITEDWARFARE;
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 0;
};
};

When starting the mission, select parameter "Support: -Free", "-Cheap", "-Normal" or "-Expensive". Those are the settings that allow Warfare's configured arty to be used.

(More info on the param settings in the end note of this post: )

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73329-Secondary-Ops-Manager-Module-Discussion&p=2790428&viewfull=1#post2790428

You can purchase your own artillery pieces, use them, crew them with your own units, or call on AI artillery from base when manned by AI and part of the base defense. No artillery module needed.

If you intend to configure arty support for your mission, to fit a particular scenario, you should probably use a custom init and work it into the Warfare Support scripts, or use triggers, rather than using an arty module.

Okay thank you for the information,

but now I got a new error.

The artillery is being placed and there are crewman in it, but it doesn't have any ammo.

I have already tried with a repair and ammo truck to load it but it doesn't work.

Can you help me with this?

The artillery is being placed and there are crewman in it, but it doesn't have any ammo. I have already tried with a repair and ammo truck to load it but it doesn't work. Can you help me with this?

In WF artillery pieces are automatically rearmed if within 150 meters of a base resupply point, or within 35 meters of an FOB or FSB. If outside the range they won't arm or rearm. You would have to set up resupply for those using a trigger or script:

[i][color="#A9A9A9"]// "True" represents the condition to be satisfied for rearming, i.e. distance to an ammo truck less than 5.[/color][/i]
if (true) then 
{
[i][color="#A9A9A9"]// "_x" represents the artillery piece.[/color][/i]
if (Local _x) then 
{
	[i][color="#A9A9A9"]// Local piece belonging to a player.[/color][/i]
	if (!SomeAmmo _x) then 
	{
		_x Call BIS_WF_RearmVehicle;
	};
} 
else 
{
	[i][color="#A9A9A9"]// not local, belongs to the server.[/color][/i]
	[CMDREARMVEHICLE,_x] Spawn BIS_WF_CommandToClients;
};
};

At start up with the latest version (from PWS) I get: (image)

Encountered the same after downloading the latest version. Was using Corepatch 1.0.0.16 previously and it didn't happen.

To recreate, place a player unit, place some artillery units, place an arty module and synch the arty module with the arty units. Then save and launch.

Also affects the SOM arty support - call arty support using SOM and the error occurs.

Edited by OpusFmSPol
added SOM note

I already found the cause of the problem, it was ACE.

I am now playing the civil war mission without ace and artillery does have ammo now.

Only now there is a problem when I request fire support the shells never arrive.

When I am next to the artillery they do fire and cause damage, I visited the target afterwards and it was damaged.

Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by metallicafan33

when I request fire support the shells never arrive.

I wouldn't think of Corepatch having anything to do with that. It may have been due to the view distance setting for the mission. Civil War might be one of the missions having a fixed view distance. I have my own editor WF mission where I added teleport for testing purposes - I teleported and watched rounds hit within view distance. Yet when I'm on an observation tower at NW airfield I can see Devil's castle clearly enough, but if I call an arty strike on it I don't see the strikes because they're outside the view distance.

yes I am also pretty sure corepatch isn't causing it, but I was wondering if you knew a fix or something.

Thank you for all help I am still learning a lot about the editor and scripting.

I will look further on the artillery issue.

edit: ai aren't buying troops and vehicles anymore, I am not using any scripts exept for respawn and the parameters in description

nevermind, looks like I finally got it all working, took some time but learned a lot.

Now on topic: so there does seem to be an error with the artillery module in combination with corepatch?

Edited by metallicafan33

Goliath86:

Been editing and playing with Corepatch and just enjoying it immensely. I've encountered only two things with current version 1.0.0.17:

(1) As noted in the prior posts, when you call artillery synched with an artillery module, the game crashes with error message:

ErrorMessage: Include file CorePatch\CorePatch_ARTY\data\scripts\h\arty_scripts.hpp not found.

(2) There is also some sort of issue with the US Basic Ammunition boxes. Normally they have a heavy assortment but now they only contain:

- (40) 100rd M240 mags,

- (30) 200rd M249 belts, and

- (400) 30rd STANAG magazines.

They also create a dependency on Corepatch. After placing an empty US Basic Ammunition box in editor, exiting and disabling Corepatch, access to edit the mission gets denied while Corepatch is disable, message being:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.corepatch_ccp_72440_fix

in .rpt:

Addon corepatch_ccp_72440_fix (entry USBasicAmmunitionBox) not found in the list of active addons.
Missing addons detected: corepatch_ccp_72440_fix

Both errors affect the SOM gameplay, which uses synchronized artillery, and the US Basic Ammunition boxes in the WEST supply drop. The game crashes when SOM artillery is called, and whenever West calls a supply drop a pop-up message occurs as the ammo boxes are dropped:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. corepatch_ccp_72440_fix

in .rpt:

Addon corepatch_ccp_72440_fix (entry USBasicAmmunitionBox) not found in the list of active addons.

The supply drop pop-up is a nuisance only, it freezes the player's movement until acknowledged. The ammo boxes do arrive but only contain the three selections indicated above.

Swapping Corepatch mod folders back to the prior version, the errors didn't occur with 1.0.0.16. Artillery functioned smooth and the ammo boxes had the full array of contents, no errors.

Still editing and playing with 1.0.0.17 though, and will advise of anything more, but all else has been smooth sailing thus far.

Thanks again for all the great work! Hope you had a great Merry Christmas, and wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Thank you all guys and thank you OpusFmSpol for reporting!

I'm aware of these problems and I will try to fix them ASAP for the next release! Thank you again and keep it up reporting me for any problems that occurs with Corepatch!

goliath86

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

I've foud the problem with the missing .hpp include file.

It is a problem with BinPBO that doesn't save the "List of files to copy directly" option. It's a strange problem because it worked perfectly until now. So I have to remember to rewrite that option whenever I have to pack the mod.

I've fixed it for the next release

Sorry for the problem guys!

goliath86

A newer version (1.0.0.18) of CorePatch is available on first post:

- Fixed two regressions from v1.0.0.17 version of CorePatch (thansk to OpusFmSPol for feedbacks)

- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67317

As explained on CCP page, now more planes and helicopters have lockDetectionSystem and incommingMissileDetectionSystem (RWR).

Here's the list of all the added planes and choppers:

• UH-1Y
  • UH-1H
  • MH-60S
  • AH-1Z
  • AH-64D
  • A10
  • MV22
  • AV8B
  • AV8B (GBU)
  • C130J
  • F35B
  • Su-25
  • Mi-24 D/V/P
  • CH47
  • UH-60M
  • Mi171Sh
  • Su-34
  • Ka52
  • Ka-52 Black
  • Mi-8
  • Mi-8MT
  • Mi-8MTV-3
  • L39C - Even added chaff launcher as weapon
  • L39ZA - Even added chaff launcher as weapon
  • L159

I don't know if all of them have the RWR systems in reality so, if anyone see that a plane or chopper in this list doesn't has the RWR in real life, please advise me so I can correct it.

goliath86

Edited by goliath86

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great job dudes! :D

Honestly it's awesome there are people still willing to fix problems for A2/OA and then share them with everyone.

Keep it up!!

(May want to fix small typo: v1.0.0.18 (07/01/2014) as it's 2015 already hehe)

Edited by markokil321

Bad news I'm afraid.

The latest version seems to introduced a major bug - you cannot reload saved games.

Repro: run latest version of OA (v1.63.125548) with the latest version of CBA_CO (Cv1.0.1pre2) & latest CorePatch (v1.0.0.18).

Save your session and then Load (Revert) your save.

The game seems to hang (music plays but screen is frozen).

Only way out is the 'ol 3-finger salute.

Any ideas?

Bad news I'm afraid.

The latest version seems to introduced a major bug - you cannot reload saved games.

Repro: run latest version of OA (v1.63.125548) with the latest version of CBA_CO (Cv1.0.1pre2) & latest CorePatch (v1.0.0.18).

Save your session and then Load (Revert) your save.

The game seems to hang (music plays but screen is frozen).

Only way out is the 'ol 3-finger salute.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting! I've tested CorePatch with CBA_CO. Saved and reloaded few times but I can't reproduce the freezing. All seems to run ok on my system: no rpt errors, no freezing.

I don't know what is the problem, have you other mods activated? What is your launch command line?

Hello Goliath86.

thank you for your work...

I reporting a little bug: with a M4a1 holo, i can alternate the sight between the holo and the RCO version (M16A4 RCO)

I tested without mod, corepatch only, and i use a launcher mod. (arma oa+arma 2 1.63 steam)

Thank!

Hello Goliath86.

I reporting a little bug: with a M4a1 holo, i can alternate the sight between the holo and the RCO version (M16A4 RCO)

I tested without mod, corepatch only, and i use a launcher mod. (arma oa+arma 2 1.63 steam)

Thank!

Thank you jaunty! I will fix it for the next release!

Command line = -nosplash -nologs

The only thing that it could be is that I've been unable to install ACR DLC correctly due to BI's cockeyed installation procedure.

So I'm going to have to re-install everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2szI0f8BLo

Aarrgh do they think that everyone has a porn pipe?

Hello Goliath86.

Thank!

After some research I've found that this bug is not related to CorePatch but with ArmA 2 OA. Anyway I will fix it ;)

Command line = -nosplash -nologs

The only thing that it could be is that I've been unable to install ACR DLC correctly due to BI's cockeyed installation procedure.

So I'm going to have to re-install everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2szI0f8BLo

Aarrgh do they think that everyone has a porn pipe?

Further research I confirmed my suspicions; the lack of ACR was the source of the incompatibility with CorePatch.

So while CorePatch is great, it seems to break saved games with non-ACR installs.

At least on my system anyhow.

Tested and re-trested

But plz don't let that stop you!

Plz carry on fixing OA's bugs because although A3 is great, the near-future world feels unconvincing and it'll be years before the bugs are ironed out and content reaches A2 levels (especially with kju's recent retirement).

Edited by domokun

A newer version (1.0.0.19) is available on first post:

- Fixed few bugs of BIS SP Mission "Eye For Eye"

I've fixed some more bugs that I forgot to fix. Now the mission should be perfect!

- Fixed: Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male01\ru\hesdowne.wss'

I'm continuing to fix the "dubbing" errors that often appear on RPT

- Fixed: Warnings in ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_fixedat1model\p3d\ccp_at1.p3d:shadow(1000)

Fixed even this annoying bug introduced with the CCP project. Nothing important but I want a clear RPT!

- Fixed: BIS SP Mission "Littlebird"

Fixed this SP mission of OA that was impossible to complete due to a bug on waypoints managment

- Fixed optics modes of "M4A1_HWS_GL" and "M4A1_HWS_GL_CAMO"

Without this fix, if player use the CQB button, an ACOG optics magically appears! Now it is fixed!

In next versions of CorePatch I will try to implement more fixes from CCP. I've received permission from the Anzin's mod author to use it for CorePatch so I will fix some more weapon models of A2.

Hope you enjoy!

goliath86

Awesome!

Thanks for your hard and unglorious work.

goliath86 for president :D