Sign in to follow this  
laxemann

LOSounds2 - A Hyper Funny Sound Mod For ArmA3

LOSoundsForum.png

I'm very proud to present the LOSounds2!

LOSounds2 is a soundmodification that aims to create a soundscape as realistic and authentic as possible. We asked experienced shooters what each weapon, vehicle and even gear part should sound like and recreated it with an enormous focus on detail.

LOSounds2 - A Hyper Realism Soundmod For ArmA3

Content

The following is a content list which shows what's already finished and working in-game:

-*** Handguns ***-

• MX + Variants

• GM6 Lynx

• Khaybar

• M200

• Mk20

• Zafir

• EBR

• SDAR

-*** Vehicle Weapons ***-

• 120mm Cannon

• Gau8 (Wipeout Jet)

• HMG

• DAR rockets

-*** Weapon Systems ***-

• Mortar

-*** Helicopters ***-

• MH-9 "Hummingbird"

• AH-9 "Pawnee"

-*** Jets ***-

• A10 (A164 Wipeout)

-*** Cars ***-

• Hunter

-*** Tanks ***-

• Slammer

• Kuma

• Varsuk

-*** Environment Sounds ***-

• Custom Beach Sounds

• Custom Sea Sounds

• Custom environmental sounds in general

• Custom random Samples

-*** Character Sounds ***-

• Custom gear sounds

• Custom suit sounds

• Custom rebreather sounds

• Custom freefall sounds

• Custom footstep sounds

• Custom crawling sounds

• Custom "burning" sounds

• Basically, most of the character sounds have been reworked

-*** Misc ***-

• Sonic cracks

• Grenade bouncing

• Custom Music

Media

This is the first official trailer. Enjoy!

Yup, some serious mouse cursor action right here

Release

We're currently working on a first, stable ALPHA version and intend to release it within the next weeks.

Stay updated!

Make ArmA Not War

We're participating in the MANW contest!

Got faith in us and the quality of our sounds?

Support us by clicking this text!

Greetings,

Laxe

Edited by LAxemann

It's all part of our marketing strategy!

And if you listen closely, you can already hear some new sounds.

Oh, and by the way:

Feel fro to post your suggestions!

And if you listen closely, you can already hear some new sounds.

Oh, and by the way:

I slightly better representation of the sounds already working would be amazing. For example, something simple, but to get people on the edge of their chairs. Like, a casual patrol or convoy, and suddenly ambush, and then it fades to the logo or something. lol. Oh, and it would be amazing if you can get the jets to sound more realistic too. =D

Hi, I'd love to see someone finally add a "sleave" sound when raising sights. A slight ruffle or anything really :)

I'd love to see someone who does the buffer spring spooling sound when shooting some of the fixed stock rifles. You'd only hear it in the right ear (since there are no left handed shooter poses), and it'd be faint. But it'd be amazingly hyper-realistic.

Well the teaser was pretty disappointing for a sound mod..

You can't have a teaser for a "hyper realism sound mod" and not show off the sounds.

Your current marketing strategy is not very well thought out, and as such, you are getting negative publicity here and on youtube.

It's time to reevaluate.

Good news, a new soundmod! For me: the less marketing the better. Keep it technical and short like tpm´s acse-presentation :)

You can't have a teaser for a "hyper realism sound mod" and not show off the sounds.

Your current marketing strategy is not very well thought out, and as such, you are getting negative publicity here and on youtube.

It's time to reevaluate.

100% agree

~

Suggestion: Less marketing. More sounds.

I see, I see.

In case you guys really are so eager to experience our soundmod, I could eventually reveal the full trailer, including a first look at the gun sounds, the Hunter and the 120mm cannon. The surprise for the first alpha wouldn't be as great as without revealing it, though!

___

Hi, I'd love to see someone finally add a "sleave" sound when raising sights. A slight ruffle or anything really :)

Just thought about it, if everything works as intended, this should be very well and very easily possible, I wonder why it wasn't done before!

The video has no gun sounds from the mod, r u trolling us dud?

You were right, the thought-out marketing strategy wasn't very good after all.

I updated the first post with the first full trailer.

Please keep in mind that our budget was and

still is rather limited, so the production of

the trailer was done in a hurry.

Enjoy!

Very odd to watch, stuff like that doesn't belong here.

What has this forum become...

And why is this?

I'd understand you in case you were disappointed due to the ridiculously wrong announcement, but claiming that an obvious "fun" project doesn't belong into the official forum of the game it's made for is beyond my understanding (I remember some more well-known modder AFAIK releasing some absurd colorful fun-weapons and everyone was totally up for it).

I DO understand that some people, including myself, take ArmA aswell as it's community very serious and as a side note, I'm by far not into stuff like Altis Life or any other public server bullshit, just in case someone wants to bring that argument, but the unacceptability that people bring towards such a project aswell as many angry and negative comments against newcomers shows that indeed the forum might have become different from what it's been "back then" - meaning people might take themselves a bit too serious.

As for myself, I'd have no problem with simply not updating this thread anymore, but it's sad, really, that people get that cocky this fast.

Edited by LAxemann

I think people are just pissed off because everyone is still hoping for that one sound mod that meets all their expectations. You post a video that shows off nothing, and after some complaints you show that you're just having a laugh - I can imagine a lot of people were just a bit disappointed :P I was.

Wrong announcement?

You announced a "Hyper Realism Sound Mod" and stated that you "asked experienced shooters what each weapon, vehicle and even gear part should sound like and recreated it with an enormous focus on detail.".

A bit too late for Aprils fools.

Ah, I was kinda intrigued when I saw the title, but seeing the trailer left me surprisingly interested in this.