Sign in to follow this  
x39

XTacticalHud - A reason to use the TacticalGoggles

XTacticalHud_logo.png

WIKI

Features

• When TacticalGoggles and GPS is worn a small HUD item will become visible which shows the rough direction (N, NNE, NE, ...) + the exact direction (0 - 359)
  • AirMissions - JTACs can use the "AirMission control device" to create missions for pilots. The JTAC(only with tactical goggles and mission is in viewDistance) and the pilot(only when pilot helmet is worn and mission is assigned) are able to see the missions on their 3D HUD

What is this?

X39s Tactical HUD gives the player a good reason to use the tactical goggles! When worn the tactical goggles are worn in combination with a GPS they will be linked together so that the current heading is displayed

How does it look?

600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation2.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation3.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation4.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation5.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation6.jpg

FAQ

I got ideas for additional HUD elements but where to post them?

You have reached the destination already pilot! Simply post them ^^

Im on the map but no HUD?

Make sure your player has one of the two tactical goggles:

• G_Tactical_Black

• G_Tactical_Clear

Im wearing the TacticalGoggles but still no HUD

Make sure you got a GPS in your active inventory

How to open the AirMissionControlUI

Make sure you got the "X39_TacticalHud_AirMissionControlDevice" in your active inventory and press the key you have assigned in the modProperties dialog (while ingame, press ESCAPE)

How to open the MFD for the pilots

press the key you have assigned in the modProperties dialog (while ingame, press ESCAPE) while wearing a pilot helmet & sitting in an air vehicle

Requirements

Downloads

Changelog

Fixed
Added
Removed
	|- userconfig file (all can now be configured ingame using the modProperties dialog)
	\- unused functions
Changed
	|- Changelog layout
	|- init code
	\- updated to latest XLib version
Fixed
	\- incorrect depency on XMedSys
Added
Removed
Changed
Fixed
Added
	|v- AirMissionSystem - Used to assign air units special targets on ground which they then can see (JTAC)
	|\- item 'X39_TacticalHud_AirMissionControlDevice'
	|- current grid coordinates
	\- userconfig file to set the keys for the airMission feature + enable/disable some hud elements
Removed
Changed
	|- enlarged HUD text
	|- rscText elements are now centered
	\- Way to get current heading, before used "direction" now using "eyeDirection"
-|RELEASE|-

Future Vision (green = will come/is worked on, yellow = could come at some time, red = not that likely to come, grey + striked = already implemented)

1. # Grid location
  2. # Height over sea level
  3. # Current time
  4. # something that 'marks' the position of enemies
  5. # Waypoint/Task info
  6. # Facebook status
  7. # Distance to currentLookTarget when using the AlienHelmet of CSAT
  8. # every group have a symbol over the head indicating what kind of it is (Heli, tracked)
  9. # IN COMBINATION WITH 3: Using UAVs to get intel about enemy movements
  10. # Creating FireMissions for pilots which those can see if they are in an airVehicle (airVehicle should have CDU onboard but could also be in first versions that its not required and working in all airVehicles)

Edited by X39
release v1.1.0

Cool!

How about your grid location?

Height?

Time? (in combination with clock)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thinking future tech here .... what about something that 'marks' the position of enemies (using knowsabout information shared by friendly AI) on the HUD? Too outlandish would be the ability to see the enemy framed with a glowing outline :)

Cool!

How about your grid location?

Height?

Time? (in combination with clock)

Nice idea

think i will implement it soon :F

Thinking future tech here .... what about something that 'marks' the position of enemies (using knowsabout information shared by friendly AI) on the HUD? Too outlandish would be the ability to see the enemy framed with a glowing outline

:)

could be pretty tricky as im not that far with those specialized UI draw calls

but i will see what i can do :F

Hello there

Glad to see someone tackling this.

As it's the "future" id like to see a plethora of info available through the hud and it also to be standard on the Iranian "bug" helmets.

Rangefinder? Heading as the pilots have? Waypoint task info? Perhaps PiP cam feed? Facebook status?

The more info we can choose or choose not to display the happier ill be.

Good stuff

Rgds

LoK

Thanks for the addon and great location for bearing/heading (upper center) I'd like to know if you can possibly make the UAV terminal offer the same attribute as GPS and if you support additional mods MCC console.

I might be having a conflict with another mod but the heading/ bearing indicator has a solid black box with white lettering, I use LHM glasses for realism emmersion.

It might be unrelated to your mod but I had errors updating Xlib and Installing tactical glasses so I reverted to awesome armaholic to get mods updated.

Thanks for working on this glad to see you made use of the fansy smasy tactical glassses. In the future if you want to add incoming fire icons that would be hi tech awesome.

Rangefinder for Pilot Helmet would be cool, indeed! For enemy marker in HUD: in High Command Mode every group have a symbol over the head indicating what kind of it is (Heli, tracked). Maybe you can extract this function. In combination with the "uav marker script" which mark enemy units automatic on map if they are really visible for the drone(line of sight).

Jesus Christ this would be awesome!

But too easy, too. A uav scrambling device could be needed, too. :-|

I'm just dreaming. Don't bother.

Hello there

Glad to see someone tackling this.

As it's the "future" id like to see a plethora of info available through the hud and it also to be standard on the Iranian "bug" helmets.

Rangefinder? Heading as the pilots have? Waypoint task info? Perhaps PiP cam feed? Facebook status?

The more info we can choose or choose not to display the happier ill be.

Good stuff

Rgds

LoK

pretty funny ideas

but "Heading as the pilots have"? im not sure what you mean with this (also not fully clear is the "Rangefinder" idea but yeah ... tried to put it into the FutureVision list)

The Facebook status is REALLY something i should go for (especially now as Facebook bought Oculus Rift ...) ^^ (would not be that hard to do too! Simple dll extension to get the info with a HTTP-GET and blub :F latest FB feeds directly inside of your view)

Thanks for the addon and great location for bearing/heading (upper center) I'd like to know if you can possibly make the UAV terminal offer the same attribute as GPS and if you support additional mods MCC console.

I might be having a conflict with another mod but the heading/ bearing indicator has a solid black box with white lettering, I use LHM glasses for realism emmersion.

It might be unrelated to your mod but I had errors updating Xlib and Installing tactical glasses so I reverted to awesome armaholic to get mods updated.

Thanks for working on this glad to see you made use of the fansy smasy tactical glassses. In the future if you want to add incoming fire icons that would be hi tech awesome.

we will see

basiclally the UAV terminal should also have a GPS functionallity so ... it is possible

we will see in next update

for the MCC part

not using MCC so i have no idea what you want to say ^^

also the conflict is not rly clear for me

the XLib error also would be needed to get some info about it so that im able to fix

Nice mod!

What map is that on the pic?

Island Panthera v2.9

Rangefinder for Pilot Helmet would be cool, indeed! For enemy marker in HUD: in High Command Mode every group have a symbol over the head indicating what kind of it is (Heli, tracked). Maybe you can extract this function. In combination with the "uav marker script" which mark enemy units automatic on map if they are really visible for the drone(line of sight).

Jesus Christ this would be awesome!

But too easy, too. A uav scrambling device could be needed, too. :-|

I'm just dreaming. Don't bother.

you should not stop dreaming ^^

maybe i will add when i found a way to get the visible targets for a unit

just had a pretty neat idea

please say what you think about it (will come anyway regardless if you like or not ^^ so you may just have some improovements for this idea):

As soldier, you will be able to call up a menu (if you got the special item in your inventory) wich will make it possible to set special firemissions for pilots

The device can be linked to ANY laserXXX device you need just through clicking so that youre able to "tag" targets which are far away

As Pilot now you would be able to select and assign multiple fireMissions to yourself

The XTacticalHud would now display the missionTargets on your HUD (as long as youre inside of your airVehicle) so that you can encounter them

(Firemissions can get aborted at any time using the device or the pilots CDU)

kindly regards

X39

I would like to see the Module type of your Addon we spoke about.

Additional to your Ad-hoc XTacHUD a Modul which have parameter for choosing which google device can have the funcs ( binocular, NVG, etc )

which objects are necessary for the additional funcs ( GPS, UAV Control, AN/PNC-212 ). That would be a open end for all coming addons and make some finetuning possible for some mission maker.

in arma 3 is a option to move around the "Weapon display", "GPS Window" and "Vehicle Radar". it would be smoothy if your visuals from XTacHUD could be config through that menu - for coming addons, too.

Have a nice day =)

Twitter feed, Kill Counter (including Double Kill and Killing Spree bonus!), Flashing RELOAD when roundcount <=3. OK so I'm early for April Fool's. Please don't take this seriously!

Nice idea - as stated above it would be good to be able to define the GPS item so people with the AN/PNC-212 can specify that as a requirement as opposed to the BIS magic mini map.

Got something for you guys:

1024x576.resizedimage

The UI for ground units

earlyBird view:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z3j3nixh9up5vbd/XTH.zip

Assign UserKey 3 (changeable in config) to any SINGLE key and add the new "X39_TacticalHud_AirMissionControlDevice" item to your GPS slot ^^

after that

simply press the userKey 3 key onfoot/in air vehicle

and try it

feedback is wanted!

(please remember this is a preRelease)

You need

Tactical Glasses,

Laser Designator,

Laser Battery,

And of course the "X39_TacticalHud_AirMissionControlDevice". Get it trough Debug Console or VAS ;-)

Laser on your target, Press UserKey3.

Have fun Testing.

Tactical goggles stop working when enter a vehicle. Would be handy if that vehicle had no built in hud

Thanks for this

Tactical goggles stop working when enter a vehicle. Would be handy if that vehicle had no built in hud

Thanks for this

its expected behaviour currently

RELEASE v1.1.0

Important release notes: XTacticalHud currently uses an unofficial version of XLib (preRelease as noted in mod.cpp)! So please take the one from the zip. (for Armaholic/PlayWithSix mirrors: youre free to update the XLib mirror with the version inside of here without annotation as its no official stuff but wont break anything (only a few new functions are added and downward compatibility has been kept))

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?lys8g7a67h5h3u4

Changelog:

* changed command to get heading from direction to eyeDirection* added airMissionSystem
* enlarged the default HUD text
* now also displaying grid coordinates
* rscText elements are now centered
* added userconfig file where you can set the keys for the airMission feature and enable/disable some hud elements

Highlights:

• AirMission System has been added (See screens below or at frontPage)

600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation2.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation3.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation4.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation5.jpg600px-ArmA3Screenshot_XTacticalHud_Presentation6.jpg

Edited by X39
formatting

Thanks a lot for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

**xlib page will be is updated with the included version

Edited by Guest

Wow. Awesome idea. I REALLY love the concept.

I've tried your mod, but I can't get it to work. I've followed these steps:

1) Enabled the xtactical HUD in mods list

2) Enabled the XLib in the mods list (the newest version in this mod)

3) Added the tactical glasses to my character in game

4) Added the "Mission Control Device" to my inventory

5) Added custom key bindings to custom key 3 and 4 (single key presses, not key combos)

The problems I am experiencing include:

Problem 1) The hud box pops up in the upper center of the screen, but there's no info inside the box. No compass heading or other info. Just XXX or ---

Problem 2) When I press my custom programmed keys (3 or 4) nothing happens. I do not get the menu system displayed in your screenshots, when I'm on the ground or in an aircraft with the pilot helmet.

2 possible reason why it's not working:

Possible reason 1) Your documentation mentions something about an Xtactical Mission Control Device, but in the Virtual Ammo System, I see no mention of an "Xtactical Mission Control Device". The only device I see is called "Mission Control Device". No Xtac anywhere in the name. Am I missing the correct control device?

Possible reason 2) I didn't edit any config files. I know little to nothing about editing config files. Do I need to edit a config file with the same key bindings that I put into ARMA3 "custom key config 3" and "custom key config 4"?

Does this mod need to be installed on a server for all players to use it. Or just the client computers?

Thank you VERY much for any help you can provide.

It looks like it will be an AMAZING tool for CAS missions!

-V

Wow. Awesome idea. I REALLY love the concept.

I've tried your mod, but I can't get it to work. I've followed these steps:

1) Enabled the xtactical HUD in mods list

2) Enabled the XLib in the mods list (the newest version in this mod)

3) Added the tactical glasses to my character in game

4) Added the "Mission Control Device" to my inventory

5) Added custom key bindings to custom key 3 and 4 (single key presses, not key combos)

The problems I am experiencing include:

Problem 1) The hud box pops up in the upper center of the screen, but there's no info inside the box. No compass heading or other info. Just XXX or ---

Problem 2) When I press my custom programmed keys (3 or 4) nothing happens. I do not get the menu system displayed in your screenshots, when I'm on the ground or in an aircraft with the pilot helmet.

2 possible reason why it's not working:

Possible reason 1) Your documentation mentions something about an Xtactical Mission Control Device, but in the Virtual Ammo System, I see no mention of an "Xtactical Mission Control Device". The only device I see is called "Mission Control Device". No Xtac anywhere in the name. Am I missing the correct control device?

Possible reason 2) I didn't edit any config files. I know little to nothing about editing config files. Do I need to edit a config file with the same key bindings that I put into ARMA3 "custom key config 3" and "custom key config 4"?

Does this mod need to be installed on a server for all players to use it. Or just the client computers?

Thank you VERY much for any help you can provide.

It looks like it will be an AMAZING tool for CAS missions!

-V

hey there

thx for the feedback

first of all

im not sure what causes this but youre not the first one who reports

suddenly ... i was not able to reproduce all the time (also currently the next XMedSys patch has more importance then XTacticalHud)

i will inform you guys as soon as i had time to investingate whats the problem and how to solve it/provide a fix

kindly regards

X39