Sign in to follow this  
dale

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Gameplay Modification

tblogo2_zps0619e205.png

12thmechanised.com and the Regiment of the Grenadier Guards [RGG] are proud to announce Tactical Battlefield (TB) a PvP modification for Arma 3. This mod is brought to you by Dr Eyeball and Wormeaten and has been under development on the ARMA engine for over 7 years. We are very excited about this project and have some details below to share with you.

What is Tactical Battlefield?

Tactical Battlefield is a set of TvT game modes, each of which allows you to engage in combat in a particular scenario using a standardised gameplay environment and rules. It introduces new gameplay features to further enhance Arma 3.

th_arma32013-09-0919-45-34-80_zpsb3211007.png

th_TB_screenshot_02_zpse2734696.jpg

th_1MR5fL1_zps51fece40.jpg

Features:

• Missions - an assortment of missions for the various game modes (ready to play upon release)
  • Role System - Squad Leader, Medic, Engineer, Light Anti-Tank, Heavy Anti-Tank, Marksman, Sniper, Crewman, Pilot etc. Choose from pre-configured loadouts then modify to suit within the bounds of that role, providing essential support for your squad.
  • Squad Management - Join or create a squad and recruit your friends. Designate fire teams and leaders. Provide squad call signs.
  • Commander Management - Command and coordinate multiple squads and make strategic decisions for the entire force through the unique Commander User Interface.
  • Advanced Medic System - Medic UI includes diagnoses, CPR, EPI Pens, morphine and bandages.
  • Logistics System - transporting and managing multiple assets/personnel and provide logistic support to forces via a cargo system.
  • Vehicle Maintenance System - Rearm, repair and refuel ground and air assets.

Game Modes:

• Advance and Secure (A&S)
  • Attack and Defend (A&D)
  • Search and Destroy (S&D)
  • And multiple other game modes that are under development.

Community Focus:

• Planned support for All In Arma (AIA).
  • Planned support for ACRE.
  • Provide templates and documentation to the community to easily create TB missions for each supported TB game mode.
  • Support for other community created addons, such as: terrains, factions and objects.
  • Official and Unofficial servers – To be on the official list of server hosters you would need to configure the server using TB preferred settings and run only supported mods and missions which have been tested by the TB team. This will ensure a consistent experience on all official servers. Unofficial servers can run what they wish however they will not have the same support from the Devs as the official server hosters would. Any support effort or responsibility would fall only on the unofficial hoster. Details on how to apply and how this will work will come at a later time.

Past Development:

Tactical Battlefield has been an accumulation of 7 years of development of a PvP mod on the Arma engine. It started with Coolbox[sBS] and [RGG]Wormeaten developing a mission-based A&S system for ARMA. They then moved this over to ARMA 2 as AASX (or AAS extended). AASX was then combined with another PvP mod called Devastation by Dr Eyeball and it came to be known as Project Reality ARMA 2 (PR:A2). The Arma 3 version of this mod is now being further developed by Dr Eyeball and Wormeaten (along with 3rd party contributions) and will be known as Tactical Battlefield for Arma 3 (TB:A3) (a.k.a. TacBF).

Current Development

Tactical Battlefield is currently in closed beta testing by the TacBF team and we welcome anyone who wants to support or contribute to the project, including beta testers, experienced developers and mission creators. We would also appreciate suggestions from the community to help improve the mod. If you are interested in becoming a part of this exciting project then please come over to http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net and join the discussion.

Edited by Dale

Been playing with you guys few times! I've said it then and I can say it again - this is exactly what's needed! Intuitive, easy to learn, rewarding and encouraging teamplay PvP scenarios. Thank you!

It seems really interesting, hope it'll become a must-have !

But why just PvP ? Why not both COOP and PVP ?

What will the differences between this and PR:ARMA3 be? As from what I'm reading on here and the PR forums, this looks like pretty much the same mod copied over.

I'll still play it, but I can't help but think "Why make the same mod two times?" Why don't the two mod-devs get together and build one mod, because they look so alike there doesn't seem a huge amount of point in releasing two separate mods.

Hopefully this won't fizzle out and die like PR:ARMA2 did.

Any Ideas on a release date yet? Hopefully when I have enough money for a PC Upgrade I'll be able to join you all for some organised PvP once in a while!

@Kable: the main reason we focus on PvP is due to our system, also a lot of us are mainly PvP players, I feel coop is better served being made by those who are passionate about it :)

So essentially we would rather focus on PvP because we enjoy PvP.

@smitherson69: The main differences will be that we use a different system to theirs, our current system is the one they used in PR:Arma 2, which they cannot use due to certain agreements between themselves and the original owners of the prior mods to PR (read Past Development).

So now they are creating a new mod from scratch, and im sure they will be very different and diverse to our mod, of course you will see similarities such as the A&S system but these kind of game modes are everywhere so its usual to see similarities.

In regards to joining up there are certain things which will not happen, in regards to fizzling and dying I do not feel that it did, PR:Arma 2 did very well with a game which was by then 3 years old and until DayZ came along was not as popular as it is today.

Also we differ on community philosophy, for example to have a server you will need to sign a PR server license, although I can't say for sure as they could change this is common practice for the past, we on the other hand won't have server licenses so you can have a server whenever you want.

But beyond what was common practice in the past I cannot say about PR's missions or mod, I hope they do well, and its nice to have variety in the gaming community! :)

@mihikle shan't :P haha

Edited by Dale

Been following and playing with your work for years. Very excited about this! Hopefully, we'll see players during North American prime-time playing this instead of the crappy COD-like deathmatch stuff that seems to be popular right now. C'mon kids, time to wear your big-boy pants now.

Congrats on the release, gentlemen.

:/ lol I hope you mean success and not zombie survival thriller! :D

:/ lol I hope you mean success and not zombie survival thriller! :D

lol, throwing zeds into an otherwise conventional war would be a new take on the genre though!

lol, throwing zeds into an otherwise conventional war would be a new take on the genre though!

Good thing we have the assets to be prepared for the invasion

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903258706408002439/1F8BB0F057D18699C2BBECF82DD310BF13128B76/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/903258706408004708/4786878BFA997416FFA695AF15584CEBDEFDC7EE/

:rolleyes: oh bis

Definitely! A 50 v 50 pvp, tactical, team oriented zombie survival thriller. Cancel the dayz stand alone asap :)

Although I mostly play co-op missions, you can't beat the thrill out of a well played PvP mission. Can't wait for this mod and all its goodies.

I briefly played Project Reality for Arma 2 which was incredible, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I think I remember you JamieG from back in the early days of PR. I've been beta testing the TacBF mod and it's coming along nicely, it's going to be epic.

Really looking forward to this. PRA2 PvP was the best public PvP in A2.

Would be great to have a good PvP mod. My best times in ARMA2 was playing the PR PvP mod with the RGG guys. Really hope this mod get even better and more popular seeing as PR sadly lacked a consistent playerbase.

Interresting. Zukov, what you say now, i'm wondering?

that the BIS doesn't care nothing about PVP, if an entire community team has to work over ;)

Edited by Zukov

Looking forward to events for this, we had a lot of fun during the TvT events in arma2 PR. Nothing like two forces clashing together in some epic scale battles with proper structior and tacs. Tasting victory is even sweeter when you can brag :yay:

I suppose, this has nothing to do with the upcoming Project Reality: Arma 3?

Can i download the mission somewhere? I'd like to test them on one of our GBB servers.

I suppose, this has nothing to do with the upcoming Project Reality: Arma 3?

Can i download the mission somewhere? I'd like to test them on one of our GBB servers.

Its not a mission sorry, its a mod, we won't be releasing it till later :)