Sign in to follow this  
hipperion

Bought TKOH on Steam. Can not find a way to patch it to 1.6 + install noisecontroller

As long as the registry entries are there, it should work.

Otherwise use the modline loading:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_-_Rearmed#Shortcut

Hi PvPscene,

I was tried many time with mod line in shortcut but does not work when entered to the game. if use mod line there is nothing in the game expansion. But when I changed "TakeOnH.cfg" it work, but conflict both game and overlapped.

This is my TakeOnH.cfg as follows:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=3;

postFX=4;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=16;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1025966080;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=1;

AToC=7;

SWLayersCount=96;

PiPEnabled=1;

AmbientTraffic=1;

PipQuality=6;

PPAA=6;

serverLongitude=0;

serverLatitude=0;

class ModLauncherList

{

class Mod1

{

dir="Hinds";

name="Take On Hinds";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="E:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Hinds";

};

class Mod2

{

dir="Rearmed";

name="TKOH: Rearmed";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="E:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Rearmed";

};

class Mod3

{

dir="Noisecontrollers";

name="Take On Noisecontrollers";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="E:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Noisecontrollers";

};

class Mod4

{

dir="jre";

name="JRE";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="E:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\jre";

};

class Mod5

{

dir="Expansion";

name="Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead";

origin="CONFIG";

};

};

This link is what a mess of conflict pics as follws:

http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg552/heliman7/TKOH/

Edited by Heliman

You can try to delete the class ModLauncherList section and restart TKOH,

but it seems unable to detect your A2/OA/CO dir from the registry.

Please post the modline you tried or the path of all your game locations, and I post what you need.

Hi PvPscene,

My A2:CO in the same folder, here is modline and path:

"E:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\TakeOnH.exe" -mod=E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2; E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion; E:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters; Rearmed

If I deleted the class ModLauncherList section and restart TKOH that won't start the game and pop up two warning screen:

"No entry 'config.bin/ConfigInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'" and "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

Edited by Heliman

You must have missed this on the wiki page :)

NOTE: Ensure paths using spaces are contained within quotation marks around the whole -mod parameter.

So:

"E:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\TakeOnH.exe" "-mod=E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion;E:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters;Rearmed"

Can you please upload your rpt and post it here for the non modline launch. Thanks

Hi PvPscene,

Yours knowledge are really help me to solved my problem! Thank you very much and deeply appreciated. Have a nice day!:yay:

Edited by Heliman

Hi PvPscene,

I have a one more question is the TKOH: Hinds and NC did not load automatically in game. I tried to using modline to add Hinds and NC but it seems to not enough length and space for typing any characters.

When I using another way to added Hinds and NC in "TakeOnH.cfg" class ModLauncherList it doesn't work and seems unable to detect dir from the game. How can I do? Please help, thanks.

there are three solutions to that:

a) use batch files to launch TKOH

b) use launcher tools from the community

c) use junctions/symlinks (use forum search for more inf)

well the ModLauncherList is a big mystery even to people like me :)

use launcher tools from the community

well the ModLauncherList is a big mystery even to people like me :)

I'm using SpiritedMachine's ArmA II Game Launcher it's working perfect with TKOH for everything. Now, my mods loading issue totally solved!:)

As you said, you are a really big mistery even to people like you! Thanks for helping!

Edited by Heliman

Heliman, could you please describe how you got SpiritedMachine's launcher to work with TKOH? I've tried making a new profile. Do you point it to the TKOH exe rather than Arma2OA.exe? Thanks.

Heliman, could you please describe how you got SpiritedMachine's launcher to work with TKOH? I've tried making a new profile. Do you point it to the TKOH exe rather than Arma2OA.exe? Thanks.

@docbrown,

1) You have to download SpiritedMachine's ArmA II Game Launcher then install it.

2) Start and open ArmA II Game Launcher then find "Launch options" tab then click "browse" to add your TKOH.exe.

3) Then find "Addons options" in "Additional Addon Search Directories" - Click the Add Directory button (Plus Sign) to add a directory to the list. This can be located anywhere on your computer. Unused directories can be removed using the Remove button (Red X).

The "Addon Order" - Some addons need to be loaded in a particular order. Select an addon and use the arrow buttons to move it up or down the list. The Parameters window will immediately reflect any changes that are made.

4) The "Addons" Tab is where most of the addon-related actions take place.

Available Addons - A list of the addons on your computer that can be found in the ArmA 2 directory, as well as any additional directories you specify in the Addon Options Tab. Drag addons from this list to a folder in the Addon Groups list to be able to start ArmA 2 with them.

Addon Groups - A treeview where addons can be organized into groups. Right-click to add, rename, and remove groups, as well as move them up and down. Their order in this area is for display purposes only. To change the load order of the addons, see the Addon Options Tab. The checkboxes next to addon groups and addons allow you to enable and disable addons in groups or individually.

Description/Comments - With a particular addon selected, you may add your own comments for whatever reason. If the folders are not named in a particularly intuitive way, this can be helpful in knowing what you are running.

5) If you wish to know more instruction, you can find guiding manu in your SpiritedMachine's folder.

Edited by Heliman

Amazing! Thanks for your detailed instructions. I am getting a couple of errors though, i suspect because my games are purchased from Steam and A2 and OA have separate installation folders. The lite DLC do not seem to load. I have posted my issues in the ACE thread to keep this one on topic.

I am at wits end. I have followed all the above info to try and get TOH to work with my Arma 2 , OA, Combined op, to no good end. I am using steam and TOH will now see the Arma directories, so I was wondering if maybe I should delete my arma (both Arma 2 and Arma2 OA) directory and maybe that would help with the registry so TOH would see the Arma files. Hope this makes sense. I just hate to delete all the files and find out that it did not work, as it did take time and work to get all the addons to works for Arma2 OA in the first place.

have you run steam as admin then launch each game individually through steam?

I have done that many times hoping it would help, but to no avail. I really have tried just about everything and still no Arma 2 data in TOH. That is why I am thinking it is a registry problem. But, please if any one else has an idea, I am very open to your help.

I installed Toh+hinds from steam and the a2 and oa content would not show up i was at it for 2 days and the only way i got it to work was to manually install the downtown 1.05-1.06 (even tho toh was 1.06 allready)

http://takeonthegame.com/game-updates/

I have this about 90% working, but still hitting a brick wall on two issues. First, start the game with the launcher, I'll get one of the commercial addons giving me this:

"Failed to load file 'd:\arma2\pmc\addons\air_pmc.pbo' - decryption header fails."

It's also happened with the BAF stuff. In game, I can't see either Arma2 PMC or BAF.

Next issue I have is, in game. Some of the menus from Arma2 will be under the ToH menus. The Arma2 buttons will work, but there's no text. The ToH buttons and menu work fine and have the correct text, but it's really hard to read since it's overlaid on the legacy windows.

Arma2 and OA are from DVDs and the PMC/BAF stuff are sprocket downloads. No Steam stuff is being used. I have a feeling it's a load order issue, I just haven't figured it out yet. Appreciate any pointers. Here's the mod line:

"-mod=hinds;rearmed;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@cba_toh;d:\arma2\baf;d:\arma2\pmc;d:\arma2\@rhweapons;d:\arma2\@aimod;d:\arma2\@a2warmod;d:\arma2\@afgmaps;d:\arma2\@alibad;d:\arma2\@duala;d:\arma2\@jsrs;d:\arma2\@lingor;d:\arma2\@mad_resh;d:\arma2\@mctierone;d:\arma2\@medevac;d:\arma2\@mexired;d:\arma2\@podagorsk;d:\arma2\@pracs;d:\arma2\@proper;d:\arma2\@quesh_kibrul;d:\arma2\@sahrani;d:\arma2\@sbrodj;d:\arma2\@esbekistan;d:\arma2\@simhq_one;d:\arma2\@tf86seals;d:\arma2\@thirsk;d:\arma2\@rhsmod;d:\arma2\@otherunits;d:\arma2;d:\arma2\expansion;d:\take on helicopters" "-name=Gatordev" -nosplash

remove these: d: \arma2\baf;d:\arma2\pmc

you cannot use the full DLC

Bah. I read that and then forgot to do anything about it. Thanks. Still trying to figure out the dual menus thing, though. Time to start loading and quitting ToH one addon at a time.

Interesting... That's a different order than Heliman recommended, but it helped. Now I'm still getting weird menu overlays in the "Options" portion of the menus, but otherwise it's back to fairly normal. I'll have to play with it some more.