Sign in to follow this  
A-SUICIDAL

I'm looking for an MG42 (or similar)addon for Arma 2 CO

The closest thing I found to an MG42 was an MG69/MG3/MG42 that was part of the Trizonesian weapons pack that I found at Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15802

The only real problem I have with the weapon is... after adding the weapon to an enemy's loadout, I tested it out and the enemy would not fire at me at all if I was 50 meters are farther. The moment I stepped within 49 meters of the enemy, the enemy started firing like crazy. Then I took a few steps back and he stopped firing again. I tried to find out what the cause was. If I test the same enemy with arma 2 weapons, the problem doesn't occur at all. It seems like it just happens with that one gun. I tried using pboView to look at the config.bin and I found some info about the MG69, and the range settings seemed a little low, but I don't really understand that much about addons other than how to install them. My specialty is making missions, not addons. It sucks, because I really wish I could fix the gun. I don't want to remove it from my mission, but I kind of have to I guess since it's no fun shooting at enemy that don't shoot back. Is there a way I could fix the gun? I tried taking some low/mid/max range code from another gun and adding it to the MG69, but every time I pack the addon and drop it into my arma 2 addon folder, I then launch the game and get errors. I've read a bunch of tutorials, but now I'm getting nowhere. So before I give up, I wanted to ask around and see if anybody knows where I can find an MG42 for Arma 2 co that actually works. Or maybe a replacement machine gun for the PKM. I'm looking to give the enemy some good machine guns for a coop mission. I'm not looking for anything for the west team. Or if somebody knows how I can fix the MG69, please help me with it. Thanks in advance.

Whats wrong with the Addon request thread?

I'll keep this thread open if you edit your opening post to ask for help to create a replacement config for one (or more) specific addon(s). Requests about to-be-created addons belong in the formerly linked addon request thread.

@A-SUICIDAL perhaps contact the Marseille77 who is the author of the addon to explain the issue. They may have time to have a look at it and resolve the issue.

My bad, sorry Myke, I never posted in the addons section at all before. I do all my posting in the mission editing/scripting section - and I skipped a nights sleep, so I thought I was in the right place. I'll probably just contact Marseille77 or keep hunting for a good Heavy MG for the opfor in my coop mission. About asking for configs and stuff, I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. That MG69 was awesome to use, I just wish the enemy knew how to use it.

You can move this.

No need to move it yet. If you want a completely new addon, post in the addon request thread, like suggested.

To have a existing addon improved, either contact the creator of the addon (in your case probably Marseille77) or ask for someone if he/she could create a replacement config addon based on a specific addon. In this case, point exactly to the respective addon.

It's up to you which way you want to go. I'll keep this thread open so you could use it in case you go for the replacement config way. Let me know how you want to handle it.

Your funny Pd3. That is the same exact addon and MG69 that I have been discussing and having problems with. Again, enemy units that carry the MG69 will not fire at you unless you are within 49 meter distance of them. Since I am usually much farther away, the enemy never fire at me at all. This is what I wish I could fix. The MG69 is basically the same type of gun as an MG42 or MG3, that is why I mentioned that I am looking for an MG42 or similar type of MG to add to my enemy machinegunner units in my new coop mission - because the gun is terrifying, lol. The Invasion 1944 MG42 was scary as hell. I wish there was a way to throw that into my mission. The Iron Front MG42 is probably even better, but I haven't played that game yet.

I will contact Marseille77 and ask for his help. But if somebody out there feels like proving to me and the rest of the world that they are the most awesome Addon God in all the universe, then yeah, please help me create a replacement config addon based on Marseille77's Trizonesian weapons pack addon that fixes the MG69 so that enemy units that carry the weapon will shoot at me even if I am 600 meters away. Then this world will be a better place and we can all rest much easier.

There seems to be an error in the config for the MG69. Note how all "range"-classes inherits from "close" (which incidently is up to 50 meters).

If they where to get their inheritence from the correct class (short: short, medium: medium, far: far), it would probably work as intended.

class KPFS_MG69: M240
{
	scope = 2;
	model = "\kpfs_tri_weap\mg69";
	displayName = "MG69";
	picture = "\kpfs_tri_weap\data\icons\w_mg69_ca.paa";
	UiPicture = "\CA\weapons\data\Ico\i_mg_CA.paa";
	weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing";
	discreteDistance[] = {200,300,400,500,600,800,1000,1200};
	discreteDistanceInitIndex = 1;
	reloadMagazineSound[] = {"\kpfs_tri_weap\sound\mg3_reload",0.0562341,1,25};
	magazineReloadTime = 4;
	class manual: manual
	{
		displayName = "MG-69";
		recoil = "recoil_auto_machinegun_8outof10";
		recoilProne = "recoil_auto_machinegun_prone_5outof10";
		dispersion = 0.0012;
		reloadTime = 0.0545;
		begin1[] = {"\kpfs_tri_weap\sound\mg3_fire1",1.77828,1,1300};
		soundBegin[] = {"begin1",1};
		maxRange = 10;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.04;
		showToPlayer = 1;
	};
	class close: close
	{
	};
	class short: close
	{
	};
	class medium: close
	{
	};
	class far: close
	{
	};
	class Library
	{
		libTextDesc = "MG3 version of Trizonesia";
	};
};

Don't know if that helps you in any way, but there it is :)

I sent Marseille77 a pm asking for help. Hopefully I will hear back from him soon. Thanks for taking the time to help point out the cause of the problem. I appreciate it.

That's funny, because I have no problem with that addon in particular, then again I've customized mine a little, I can't recall whether I had the same problems you did and fixed them myself, as I'm inclined to do that.

I use them with my SP flashpoint custom mission, I equipped the cobra faction machinegunners with them, and they seem to work like a charm, in fact worse than a charm. They're great at putting a lot of lead downrage which makes confronting them a daunting prospect.

I guess I forgot at some point I had to edit them to get them to function properly.

I'm not going to go passing around modded addons without permission, but hopefully he'll fix the issue so you'll be able to use them.

I never got a response back. The mission I am making cannot wait, so the enemy machinegunners in my mission will be using default guns. If Marseille77 ever fixes his addon, I might go back and add the guns to the mission, but for now I won't be using his addon. If anybody knows of an addon that has heavy machine guns that I could add to the enemy machinegunners in my mission, please let me know or PM me. Thanks.

I never got a response back. The mission I am making cannot wait, so the enemy machinegunners in my mission will be using default guns. If Marseille77 ever fixes his addon, I might go back and add the guns to the mission, but for now I won't be using his addon. If anybody knows of an addon that has heavy machine guns that I could add to the enemy machinegunners in my mission, please let me know or PM me. Thanks.

Maybe Marseille77 is busy with things in real life, which is why you have had no response.

As a suggestion, try this weapon pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17026

You could also try the Bundeswehr mod from SU it also has an MG40/42 in there that works fine for us. So your abosolutely sure that the same unit functions fine with normal weapons? The weapon script looks oke to me no mystery code there, but a unit has something called a 'camouflage' factor indicating how well they are seen by AI and a armour value too....

Ah this might help: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAmmo_Config_Reference#maxRangeProbab

maxRangeProbab

Float

Description:How high the chance is that the AI will engage targets at MAXRANGE or slightly below. Values are 0.0 - 1.0

maxRangeProbab=0.51;

< Idd try to remove this or raise the value

Use the addon request thread to find existing addons, or request new ones. Thank you.

Closing.