Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95819 (1.62 MP build)

Thank you - Have updated our Private Servers and will report back any issues encountered.

+ sadly SVI works again (for now)
Do you plan to put it on "deprecated" status for a certain period of time (how long?) before letting it die? Or are you trying to find a completely different way than just ON or OFF, so that cheating is being battled AND no older mission is broken?

The more important thing is that no one get global banned with this and future beta patches...

Hi,

First, I just want to point out that I am not a hacker, I don't use scripts or anything to gain an advantage in games. Why am I starting out this reply like this? Because me and other legit gamers are getting hammered on the DayZ forums, claiming we have been banned because we use scripts. I'm 29 years old, I've been gaming since I was a young teenager. I've never in my life used hacks or scripts, I do not know how to use hacks or scripts to begin. I consider myself as a true gamer because I play fair.

Now, onto the issue. A couple of days ago I bought Arma II + CO on Steam just so I could play DayZ as it looked like a game I might enjoy. I downloaded the DayZ mod and installed it and used DayZ Commander to update all files. And until today the game worked fine. So what happened today? Well, I startup DayZ Commander and notice I have to update the beta from 95777 to 95819, so I do that. Then I find a server and logon to play. But after about 5 minutes of playing I'm kicked off the server and I receive a Global Ban from Battle Eye. "Global Ban? That doesn't sound good", I think to myself. And sure enough, Global Ban is exactly what it is - a global ban, I can't logon to any server to play. So I'm upset. Outraged. I'm being falsely accused for being a hacker. So I contact Battle Eye support and write them an e-mail explaining what happened. And then I check out the DayZ forums, and I notice I'm not alone - there are other legit gamers getting Global Bans after the latest beta update.

I don't know if you are aware of this issue, but you are now. It's a shame that legit players like myself are the target of false accusations, and that the real hackers are getting away with their, pardon my French, BS. I paid $25 for Arma II + CO just so I could play DayZ, but now I can't even do that - I feel robbed. Cheated. I really hope someone takes this seriously, because I think you're going to hear from many more players like myself.

I am sad I had to register to ask this but after recent ban waves of legit players and with the way BattlEye/Bohemia Interactive handled the situation (better to say, total lack of any recognition that bunch of legit players got banned for no reason) and uncertain future of people who got banned (probably will have to buy the game again) I have to ask... is this Beta Patch totally safe to be installed?

If there is slightest chance you "don't know" what I am talking about:

dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65601-they-are-banning-you-for-updating-to-revision-95777/

dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65572-global-bans-for-legit-players/

reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/xwk4r/global_bans/

Playing ARMA and mods as legit as I possibly can while encountering bunch of hackers on daily basis I would probably die inside if I get banned because of BE/BI issue with less then little chance to get unbanned if ban happens.

Thanks in advance,

DenDron

I can confirm the banning thing... I just played in the Delta DayZ server, disconnected to play ACE mod, came back and I was globally banned. Patch 95777 too.

I'm going to update to 95819 now, hoping to solve the 'banning' thing.

I wonder if the return of SVI will solve the illigitimate global bans issue.

Sounds to me like BIS removed SVI and BE started banning for it, but a ton of mods still use it.

I wonder if the return of SVI will solve the illigitimate global bans issue.

Sounds to me like BIS removed SVI and BE started banning for it, but a ton of mods still use it.

contradiction ...

if it wasn't there thus not working how BE could ban for it ...

sry for bursting some buble ...

i find the global battleye message broadcast to all clients boasting how great global bans are and how many "cheaters" have been caught very amusing.

DZZKe.png

Edited by Imago

Hey everyone, we're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case I'm terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future. I will write again once more is known.

On another note, it is not possible for a hacker to get an innocent player globally banned. I have read this many times now, but I want everyone to know that this is not possible. The BE global ban system is protected against that.

Hey everyone, we're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case I'm terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future. I will write again once more is known.

On another note, it is not possible for a hacker to get an innocent player globally banned. I have read this many times now, but I want everyone to know that this is not possible. The BE global ban system is protected against that.

Hi,

I'm pleased to read that Battle Eye are aware of this issue. But what will happend to those players who have been wrongfully banned (like myself)? How do we proceed so we can be unbanned? I've been playing video games ever since I was a young boy and I have never used any cheats to gain any advantage in games, so to be hit with a wrongful GLOBAL BAN pisses me off and makes me distrust developers like Bohemia.

+ sadly SVI works again (for now)

Interesting...

I wonder if we could get an insight on what you are thinking of doing about it.

It's about time this gets some attention, and would be great to get it right once and for all, since Arma 3 is coming soon.

Imho, all init commands effects should remain local, where the object is.

Since these types of changes could break existing content, an option for now would suffice, until Arma 3 that is.

I can confirm the banning thing... I just played in the Delta DayZ server, disconnected to play ACE mod, came back and I was globally banned. Patch 95777 too.

I'm going to update to 95819 now, hoping to solve the 'banning' thing.

The only response we got is that we are all stupid cheaters and BE never makes mistakes...

In the DayZ Forum the topic is already 46 pages big.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65572-global-bans-for-legit-players/

The only response we got is that we are all stupid cheaters and BE never makes mistakes...

In the DayZ Forum the topic is already 46 pages big.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65572-global-bans-for-legit-players/

This. I can't understand how some people can be so arrogant and ignorant. To them, EVERYONE is a cheater. I hope this is resolved, I've contacted Battleye, but so far no luck.

Is it? How about reading the post by $able three posts above yours...

I sortof wonder if the broken models causing all that gfx corruption in DayZ is not also corrupting game memory triggering battleye...

Is it? How about reading the post by $able three posts above yours...

I sortof wonder if the broken models causing all that gfx corruption in DayZ is not also corrupting game memory triggering battleye...

Sorry in dont saw that, the main disscussion about this problem is in the dayz forum ^^

Thank you $able!!!! I was getting worried that noone would even acknowledge this problem as I was looking around various forums to find a response. I was banned yesterday after using patch 95777 and am now waiting to be reinstated (ban id f13d).

If you need any additional information, I have emailed support.

Thanks in advance,

Wh00pAss - hoping to get back on the game before the weekend

I can happily report that my Global Ban has been removed. Faith in Bohemia/BattlEye is restored.

Ok, finally here is an update: I investigated this with the help of Ondřej Španěl / Suma (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

I'm honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

Edited by $able

I tried to PM you $able, but my sent folder is empty.

That's because your setting "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" was set to no, I manually set that to yes for you now :)

Semi-off-topic but patched to 95819, users had no real issues.. Then patched to 95883 and BE is kicking people left and right, Can we get a 95883 thread for this ninja patch?

I'm still banned and I'm not sure how to check my Guid so i cant send and email with it to your support. :/
I am still banned as of right now, so i a mate of mine..

We both mailed BE support when we got banned, and everything match with the post.

Disconnecting and banned when trying to join again.

What can we do from here? just play they wait game?

These kinds of posts do not belong in here and should be sent directly to $able/Battleye.