Sign in to follow this  
osmo

Helicopter Service

Name: Helicopter Service
Developer: Osmo
Version: Beta 7
Credits: _neo_ and all Tour members for suggestions, feedback, scripting help and testing.
Download: Helicopter Service - Beta 7
Description: This script will create a helicopter service for your mission. On request, servicemen will inspect, repair, refuel and rearm your helicopter.
Usage: To use the helicopter service, park your helicopter on (or near) the service helipad, and then walk to the servicemen. Use your action menu and select the helicopter and fuel level to initiate the service.

Features
  • Servicemen will walk to the chopper and play animations while servicing.
  • You will get a full detailed damage report of each damaged part, as well as fuel level.
  • Default service time will be 0-5 minutes, depending on how much damage there is (and how much fuel needed).
  • Service time can be adjusted by the mission maker.
  • Designed to work in multiplayer, but should also work fine in single player.
  • Supports all default light, medium and heavy helicopters of Take On Helicopters.
  • Supports multiple instances (you can add as many service points as you want)

Note

• Hinds are not supported in this version.

Installation

- Unzip the file into your mission folder (e.g. it should be in scripts\OSMO_service\)
- Add helipad object
- Add empty marker somewhere near the helipad (this is where the servicemen spawn and hang out)
- Add following line to your init.sqf

init.sqf

[Helipad_name, "Marker_Name"] execVM "scripts\OSMO_service\OSMO_service_init.sqf";

- If you want to modify the default times it takes for each parts of the service, edit the first lines in the OSMO_service_init.sqf file:

OSMO_service_init.sqf

OSMO_SV_insptime = 30; // (seconds) The time it takes for service men to inspect vehicle
OSMO_SV_fueltime = 60; // (seconds) The time it takes for for completely empty fueltank to be refueled into full
OSMO_SV_hpfixtime = 20; // (seconds) The time it takes for service men to fix each fully damaged hitpoint
OSMO_SV_maxtime = 5; //  (minutes) Maximum time the service (not including inspection) can take

Change Log

Beta 7
- Maintenance report overhauled and improved
- Fixed: Service did not work on dedicated server
- New parameter OSMO_SV_radius added to the OSMO_service_init.sqf (defines the size of service area)
- Icons added to actions
- Code optimized + other minor fixes

Beta 6
- Fixed bug in the adding of service actions.

Beta 5
- Now supports multiple instances of service
- Initialization changed to [Helipad_name, "Marker_Name"] execVM "scripts\OSMO_service\OSMO_service_init.sqf";
- Helicopter type is now shown in the list of serviceable helicopters instead of just "light helicopter" etc.

Beta 4
- Serviceman's chat, as well as the damage report are now visible to everyone within 20 meters of him.
- Fixed a bug where servicemen were created on all clients instead of just on the server

Beta 3
- Mission maker can now define the service times by editing parameters in OSMO_service_init.sqf
- Default service times increased to:

• Inspection time: 30s
  • Refuel time: 60s (from empty to full tank, half tank would be 30s)
  • Hitpoint fix time: 20s (for each fully damaged hitpoint. 50% damaged will take half the time)
  • Maximum time: 5 minutes (the service will never exceed this time. Does not include inspection)

Beta 2
- Added option to select fuel level during the initial service request
- Optimized code
- Improved the inspection report

Beta 1
- Initial version

Edited by Osmo

Awesome ! One thing thought. Is there a way to choose the ammount of refuel? I never fly full ;)

Awesome ! One thing thought. Is there a way to choose the ammount of refuel? I never fly full ;)

Unfortunately it's not possible in this version. The helicopter is refueled to 100% in the service. However, I'll put your idea in mind and perhaps make a feature in next version to give the user an option to select fuel level.

If I decide to implement fuel level selections, would these options be enough:

1) Keep current fuel level

2) 25%

3) 50%

4) 75%

5) 100%

By the way, does the fuel level affect the weight/behavior of the chopper in TKOH?

Edited by Osmo

By the way, does the fuel level affect the weight/behavior of the chopper in TKOH?

Yes a lot's that's why I ask this feature. Thanks in Advance !

Antoine

New version released:

Change Log

Beta 2

- Added option to select fuel level during the initial service request

- Optimized code

- Improved the inspection report

Download link: Download link in the First post updated with latest link.

Edited by Osmo

btw is it possible to use this code to spawn more then 1 of these in the mission at any time?

Thanks a lot's Osmo ! This script is going to be in all TOH mission I guess !

Is there a way to make them work (animation) on other helicopter piece on table or on the ground I don't know.. A bit as a little mobile garage? Then we call them on our heli. and They go back to they stuff. Could be nice a civil and military version too !

Thanks again !

Antoine

Edited by hon0

Dan;2128859']btw is it possible to use this code to spawn more then 1 of these in the mission at any time?

That is not possible in the current version. Only one service is supported at the moment. Do you think there might be need for a multiple service points? If there is need I might look into re-coding it so that you can have multiple service points.

Is there a way to make them work (animation) on other helicopter piece on table or on the ground I don't know.. A bit as a little mobile garage? Then we call them on our heli. and They go back to they stuff.

That would be possible, to make them do some other activities/animations while they are not servicing a helicopter. I'll consider it for future versions.

Congrats on the release Osmo,

Like we were discussing before, I still think both the refuel and repair are way too fast right now.

I would suggest:

• Inspection to take at least 1 minute
  • Refueling a chopper fully should take at least another minute or two
  • For each hitPoint damaged, should take at least 20 to 30 seconds to fix each one (20s-30s if fully damaged)

This would bring the service total time to between 3 to 10 minutes, instead of the current 0-4 minutes.

I wonder what others think about this?

_neo_

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I've increased the default times a bit, but since I'm sure there are some who would like different times, they are now fully adjustable by editing the first lines of OSMO_service.sqf:

Beta 4

- Serviceman's chat, as well as the damage report are now visible to everyone within 20 meters of him.

- Fixed a bug where servicemen were created on all clients instead of just on the server

Beta 3

- Mission maker can now define the service times by editing parameters in OSMO_service_init.sqf

- Default service times increased to:

• Inspection time: 30s
  • Refuel time: 60s (from empty to full tank, half tank would be 30s)
  • Hitpoint fix time: 20s (for each fully damaged hitpoint. 50% damaged will take half the time)
  • Maximum time: 5 minutes (the service will never exceed this time. Does not include inspection)

Download link in the first post

Edited by Osmo

Personally I think the service time should be configurable (looking at the first post it seems that it is). The mega realism chaps can then have their 3 to 10 minutes while more casual players can cut this down. In MP for example, you don't really want a 10 minute wait for a helicopter service - it would probably spoil the fun.

I would however support the request to make this work at multiple service points. In a big MP mission, you are likely to have a service point at the main base as well as a forward or support base. Also you may have more than one side and they will at least need a service point each in PvP.

I'm on holiday at the moment, but will check this script out as soon as I get back!

This sounds really cool, would be nice with an arma2 oa version too :) dont like those magic repair trucks :)

This sounds really cool, would be nice with an arma2 oa version too :) dont like those magic repair trucks :)

This is actually converted from my vehicle service script of ArmA 2 OA. :) I'll release it too once I get it properly updated.

New version is out. Helicopter Service script now supports multiple instances. Note that the init.sqf line has changed due to the new feature.

Beta 6

- Fixed bug in the adding of service actions.

Beta 5

- Now supports multiple instances of service

- Initialization changed to [Helipad_name, "Marker_Name"] execVM "scripts\OSMO_service\OSMO_service_init.sqf";

- Helicopter type is now shown in the list of serviceable helicopters instead of just "light helicopter" etc.

Download link in the first post

Great addon Osmo! Unfortunatelly it doesn't work on dedicated server. All menus work, service crew recognize if there is helicopter on service helipad or there isn't, but when I give them order to start servicing they don't move at all. It works in hosted mission and in SP but not on dedicated. Is it possible to fix it?

Smashing job Osmo, would there be any way to put this whole service in a loop for ambiance do you think?

Great addon Osmo! Unfortunatelly it doesn't work on dedicated server. All menus work, service crew recognize if there is helicopter on service helipad or there isn't, but when I give them order to start servicing they don't move at all. It works in hosted mission and in SP but not on dedicated. Is it possible to fix it?

Thanks for the feedback! A new version will be released soon with some improvements. I'm looking into the dedicated server and try to fix it before next release.

Smashing job Osmo, would there be any way to put this whole service in a loop for ambiance do you think?

Thanks! It would be better to create a separate script which only makes the servicemen to play those animations around the chopper, without any other functionality of the script.

Edited by Osmo

New version is out. Report looks much better now, and it should work on dedicated server too.

Beta 7

- Maintenance report overhauled and improved

- Fixed: Service did not work on dedicated server

- New parameter OSMO_SV_radius added to the OSMO_service_init.sqf (defines the size of service area)

- Icons added to actions

- Code optimized + other minor fixes

Download link in the first post.

I made a little demonstration video showing the functionality of the script. Check it out at the first post.

Holy cow Osmo - that's amazing! I have only seen the video - I'll give it a try tomorrow but it looks the nuts! I am definitely going to try and edit this into the ToH version of Domination that Xeno made.

Tried Beta 7 this weekend and it works on dedicated. God® job Osmo!

Is it possible to script similar crew but to rearm helicopters? You aproach this team, pick some weapons from the list (like amount of fuel) and they rearm your heli (Hind preferably) with such armament? That would be great.

It would be possible, but maybe it would be better to integrate rearm script to the service script. E.g. after you select the fuel level, it would give you another list where you can select rearm options (if the chopper has weapons).

I don't have Take On Hinds yet though, so this feature will have to wait until I have it.

Hello Friends,

I'm new here on the forum and would like to help with installation script:

OSMO_Service

OSMO_Interaction.

If Possible, a step by step guide to start editing single player mission so that it can interact with some missions using helicopters.

Thank you for your attention and I apologize for being using google translator, considering that I'm Brazilian.

Hi Rickson!

You can find installation instructions in the first post of this page, and also in the readme.txt file that is included with the script package.

Installation

1) Unzip the file into your mission folder (e.g. it should be in scripts\OSMO_service\)

2) Add a helipad object to your mission (in the editor)

3) Add empty marker somewhere near the helipad object (this is where the servicemen spawn and hang out)

4) Add following line to your init.sqf (file in main folder of your mission)

init.sqf

[Helipad_name, "Marker_Name"] execVM "scripts\OSMO_service\OSMO_service_init.sqf";

Note: Helipad_name and "Marker_Name" are the names you gave to the objects that you placed in the editor.

Text translated by Google Translator

Hello Osmo,

Thanks for helping me.

I still have problems to run the script OSMO_Service, so I'll describe each editing step to see if I can figure out where I am wrong.

Here we go:

1) I created a player (Tom Larkin) and named Hsim_Player.

2) I created a test mission and put a helipad with the name "Helipad_Service" and created a Marker with the name "Marker_Service" next to the Helipad.

3) I copied the script folder to the folder of the mission (Scripts \ Osmo_Service \ Osmo_Service_init.sqf)

4) I also created the file Init.sqf and put the following code into it:

[Helipad_Service, "Marker_Service"] execVM "scripts \ OSMO_service \ OSMO_service_init.sqf";

Having done this, when I put the mission to run through the editor, nothing happens!

Hence the difficulty in installing the script, because I followed the steps and nothing happened in the game.

If someone could help me I would be very grateful, because I can not find the error in the installation.

Warm Regards,

Rickson Lima