• Topics

• I never really played official stuff with ECP either, but only thanks to veteran players who told me simply "don't"! 😀 I did mess with in multiplayer along @mcslavko here, and despite attempts to cut on ECP resource-heavy features, we always hit the "out of memory" problem sooner (CTI modes) or later (regular co-ops).   I guess technically one could turn off most of ECP features (there's a fancy config file in that mod), but question then arises: why one would want to play ECP with ECP features turned off? Another solution might be using one of the unofficial patches that increase available memory of the game (like community patch 2.01 - although this one won't work with ECP out of the box due to missing config entries).   Yep! There's an interesting blog post on Bohemia page, that describes the woes of memory handling in OFP and early versions of Arma 1 (thanks @prototype1479 for the link!). I just love the mention of how Arma will play better than OFP on the same system - I can tell from personal experience that's true, and even A3 runs better on a hardware that barely supports it, than OFP.
    • Working on the Multicam Flight Suit, as I was never happy with it:  
    • 4€ on GoG 😎 https://www.gog.com/en/game/arma_cold_war_assault  
    • My apologies! Don't know where my mind was, and I have completely messed up: my idea was to suggest the ACTUAL smoke, not the flares!

Dang it!

Regardless, here is a SMOKE spawning, instead of flares.
      Cheers!

_thids addAction [ "<t color='#24c048'>SMOKE</t>", { chemLitW2 = "SmokeShell" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [-7,5,1]); chemLitN = "SmokeShellGreen" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [0,7,1]); chemLitE = "SmokeShell" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [7,0,1]); chemLitE2 = "SmokeShell" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [7,5,1]); chemLitS = "SmokeShellGreen" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [0,-16,1]); chemLitSW = "Chemlight_yellow" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [-5,-13,1]); chemLitSE = "Chemlight_yellow" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [5,-13,1]); chemLitW = "SmokeShell" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [-7,0,1]); chemLitW2 = "SmokeShell" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [-19,17,1]); chemLitN2 = "SmokeShellGreen" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [0,19,1]); chemLitE2 = "SmokeShell" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [19,0,1]); chemLitE22 = "SmokeShell" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [19,17,1]); chemLitS2 = "SmokeShellGreen" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [0,-13,1]); chemLitSW2 = "Chemlight_yellow" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [-17,-19,1]); chemLitSE2 = "Chemlight_yellow" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [17,-19,1]); chemLitW2 = "SmokeShell" createvehicle ((player) ModelToWorld [-19,0,1]); }, nil, -3, false, true, "", "_this == _target turretUnit [-1] && (getPosATL _target) select 2 < 16", 10, false ];