• Topics

• Hello, Recently I had to update something with the driver, now I cannot play Arma. It loads, I press PLAY, then a black screen with the sound of water. I have to shift/tab and windows button to get out. I have had a look online and cannot find anything. My Nvidia driver is up to date. No idea otherwise. Please help, thanks  
    • I recently found a code snippet here on the forums that allows the player to recruit individual AI via the addAction menu and the HoldAction function.  Here's the code (sorry, I forgot who initially posted this) that's being fired in the initPlayerLocal file:   [player, "Recruit Unit", "\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_connect_ca.paa", "\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_connect_ca.paa", "side cursorTarget == side _this && cursorTarget distance _this < 3 && group cursorTarget != group _this", "alive cursorTarget",{},{},{ params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"]; [cursorTarget] join _target; },{},[],2,0,false,true] call BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd;   The issue I'm having is that it's giving me an error stating there's an invalid number, Line 7.  The script then continues to work fine in the mission (other than it also giving me the option to recruit unmanned vehicles/objects).  I'm just trying to clean it up so I don't get the initial error at the start of the mission.   Other than the params, it seems like everything is formatted correctly per the Biki.  Any help?
    • oh now I see... the init goes in the object and not in an extra init file ... yeh... that makes sense... sorry. The other script I use to repack mags got an own file to initialize the script. I got told that to be the standard procedure.
      Nice it's working in my test mission now as well. I guess the main problem was indeed that I have put the init in an extra init file within the mission file, instead for just puting it in the objects init, but somehow there also was another weird problem. The object that I used first didn't respond and instead of a yellow mark it had a grey mark (no idea why because it had the very same characteristics as shown in your test mission). In the end I just deleted it and set a new one and this one had no problems. Thanks again. That's perfect 🙂
    • Hey man that's really cool thank you !  But I spent the evening trying to make on the other script workand finally managed to get it done ! Just toise 0 or 1 instead of true or false 🥲
    • Not much news here since last September, but I really wanted to thank you, @Von Quest. Your module is functional, intuitive and easy to configure. I'm using it on my latest assignment, and it's great to have this tool! Well done!