• Topics

• Hi, I am trying to save players position on a mission map using prifilenamespace of each player. Its working fine in editor, but refuse to work on dedicated server ... I wonder where is the problem?
        //PERSISTENT PLAYER POS AND RATING //saves players pos and rating every five min //loads players pos and rating when they join server //initServer.sqf []execVM "stats.sqf"; //stats.sqf while {true} do { _kibaPos = getPosATL kiba3x; profileNamespace setVariable ["KIB_kibaPos", _kibaPos]; _kibaRating = rating kiba3x; profileNamespace setVariable ["KIB_kibaRating",_kibaRating]; _kavhanPos = getPosATL kavhan; profileNamespace setVariable ["KIB_kavhanPos", _kavhanPos]; _kavhanRating = rating kavhan; profileNamespace setVariable ["KIB_kavhanRating", _kavhanRating]; _konalPosition = getPosATL konal; profileNamespace setVariable ["KIB_konalPos", _konalPosition]; _konalRating = rating konal; profileNamespace setVariable ["KIB_konalRating", _konalRating]; sleep 300; }; //initPlayerLocal.sqf //playable units are given variable names "kiba3x","kavhan","konal" in the editor if ((str player) == "kiba3x") then { _kibaPos = profileNamespace getVariable "KIB_kibaPos"; player setPosATL _kibaPos; _kibaRating = profileNamespace getVariable "KIB_kibaRating"; player addRating _kibaRating; } else { if ((str player) == "kavhan") then { _kavhanPos = profileNamespace getVariable "KIB_kavhanPos"; player setPosATL _namalskPos; _kavhanRating = profileNamespace getVariable "KIB_kavhanRating"; player addRating _kavhanRating; } else { _konalPos = profileNamespace getVariable "KIB_konalPos"; player setPosATL _konalPos; _konalRating = profileNamespace getVariable "KIB_konalRating"; player addRating _konalRating; }; };  
    • Who knows how it is possibile form logical side?? (live and dead in the same time?) are we on quantum computing already in A3? :)
    • Hello everyone and sorry if this has been covered, a did a search but couldn't see anything, Its probably a simple answer I just couldn't think of it!
        So I have an object with the variable name "CHINOOK". What I want to do is when the "CHINOOK" (to be flown by a player) enters the area covered by a trigger it activates. I don't want to do a simple BLUFOR present on the trigger as its for an extraction and I don't want it to trigger when the ground units enter the area but when the extraction heli enters the trigger area.
    • Hi, yes you're doing it correctly. As trigger placed in the editor is created on each client and then checks condition locally, activation any player will activate the trigger everywhere and the music selected in trigger effects starts playing. RemoteExec is not needed in this case. RemoteExec is used with commands that have local effect  and you know that condition can be activated only on one machine (like for an example, when you tick server only), but you want to run the command everywhere, or on specific machine. For more information about multiplayer scripting check this page: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Scripting 
      Also, welcome on the forum ! 🙂   Worth to mention. Simple trigger like this might trigger again for JIP players, when they join after trigger has been activated, because for them trigger has not been activated yet. Music will then trigger only for them and other JIP players that joined later. If that is an issue then server only trigger and remote executing the music might be a solution. Also can be fixed by adding a variable to the condition, but then the trigger will be checking for nothing (for JIP players). I had to quickly check how the trigger behaves in that situation, so i noticed that behaviour.