• Topics

• Im trying to brainstorm a spawn script but I’m running into some issues when it comes to locating a spawn position.  I’m trying to accomplish two things: 1) find a “safe” spawn position (ie don’t spawn tanks on top of a building) via BIS_fnc_findSafePos and 2) make sure the player does not see the spawn positions via checkvisibility.   However, I don’t know how to structure the script so it will continue to search for a spawn position if it cant find one on the initial search.   This is what I’m thinking:

• Hi, I cannot find what command to use to make an attack heli to face certain position while flying with "SAD" waypoint. I spawn it and add waypoints with this   /* _mrk is the flag marker, string _heli is the attack helicopter className, string _arrival is the time from zone activation to spawning the attack heli, integer _force is how many attack helicopter will come one after another, integer */ params ["_mrk", "_heli","_arrival","_force"]; for "_i" from 0 to _force do { sleep _arrival; deleteVehicle attackHeli; {deleteVehicle _x} forEach units attackHeliGRP; _atkHeliPos = [[[(getMarkerPos _mrk),4000]], [[(getMarkerPos _mrk),3000]]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; _attackPosA = [[[(getMarkerPos _mrk),400]], []] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; _attackPosA set [2, 200]; _attackPosB = [[[(getMarkerPos _mrk),400]], []] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; _attackPosB set [2, 200]; _attackPosC = [[[(getMarkerPos _mrk),400]], []] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; _attackPosC set [2, 200]; private _delPos = [[[(getMarkerPos _mrk),4000]], [[(getMarkerPos _mrk),3000]]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos; _delPos set [2, 200]; attackHeliGRP = createGroup [west, true]; attackHeli = createVehicle [_heli, _atkHeliPos, [], 0, "FLY"]; attackHeliGRP createVehicleCrew attackHeli; attackHeliGRP setBehaviourStrong "COMBAT"; attackHeli flyInHeight 200; attackHeli limitSpeed 100; private _wp1 = attackHeliGRP addWaypoint [_attackPosA, 0]; _wp1 setWaypointType "SAD"; _wp1 setWaypointTimeout [60, 120, 60]; private _wp2 = attackHeliGRP addWaypoint [_attackPosB, 0]; _wp2 setWaypointType "SAD"; _wp2 setWaypointTimeout [60, 120, 60]; private _wp3 = attackHeliGRP addWaypoint [_attackPosC, 0]; _wp3 setWaypointType "SAD"; _wp3 setWaypointTimeout [60, 120, 60]; private _wp3 = attackHeliGRP addWaypoint [_delPos, 0]; _wp3 setWaypointType "MOVE"; _wp3 setWaypointStatements ["true", "deleteVehicleCrew attackHeli; deleteVehicle attackHeli; deleteGroup attackHeliGRP;"]; sleep _arrival; }; All I want is when the AH64 wait for the next waypoint to face the position it has to defend so the gunner can search for infantry targets, etc.     
    • you will add even the camofaces? (the cherry on top would be a night tiger pattern)
    • To troubleshoot, ensure file paths are correct, sound files are in the correct format, and sound settings are properly configured within the game engine.