• Topics

• Since the Arma 3 AI pilots tend to flare more than RuPaul when landing, even when in stealth mode, I decided to use unitCapture and unitPlay for the insertion in one of my scenarios.   After a very smooth, low-approach landing by me, if I may say so 😊, I kept the recording of me touching ground going for about 5-6 seconds before ending it.   When the recording is over, I want to pass control back to the AI and have him fly away after every player inside has disembarked. This has proven difficult to achieve.   Setup:   heli1 is its variable My heli has this setFuel 0; this flyInHeight 0; in its init field to 100% prevent engine start in MP It has a Hold waypoint in front of it as its first waypoint  A Skip Waypoint trigger is set as Waypoint Activation UnitPlay is triggered when all playable units present in the scenario are inside the heli via  (AI is disabled in description.ext) this setFuel 1; is part of the trigger to have engine turned on when AI is supposed to take over. flyInHeight is still 0; pilot disableAI "ALL" in pilot's init field   Methods attempted:   Place a second Hold waypoint close to where the heli lands in unitPlay A Skip Waypoint trigger is set as Waypoint Activation { _x in heli1 } count allPlayers == 0 in Condition field pilot enableAI "ALL" in On Act field in second Hold waypoint trigger. Next waypoint is MOVE, then LAND for AI to land back at the ship. Attached an invisible helipad to the heli I tried using a Land waypoint as the second waypoint, as I had a helipad close to where I landed in unitPlay that the AI pilot insisted on landing on after assuming control again when testing  
    • We will see. Or to say with it Kozlowski's words: "Yeah, right. I've heard that before..." 🙂
    • Old thread, but hard to find stuff online about similar questions.

Regarding this script. It looks and seems simple enough, but seems to throw an error.
      Now I know this from 2018, so maybe some funcs changed or such? 
      But would I be able to expect results in local MP, or must It be dedicated MP?
    • No plans to make the campaigns playable in COOP. Too much work with too less time. Also there are missions where you are alone, which then makes no sense when all of the sudden there is more than one player.

With Mikero's tools you should be able to extract the files.
    • CUP Hotfix released
      CUP Units, Vehicles and Weapons have been updated to 1.18.1. 
      We have fixed over 40 issues that cropped up in the 1.18 release.

Get it now.