• Topics

• After you've configured your mission correctly, you're ready to follow this tutorial. If not, you might face basic issues. That said, let's do it:   Desired: Create random and FPS-friendly minefields; A solution to prevent players from memorizing the minefield positions when playing several times the same mission; A solution that can avoid FPS drops;   Minefield Structure: In real life: Mine ................... explosive device itself. Minefield ........... a cluster of mines. Translation to World Editor: Area .................... the entire region where one or more minefields will be placed. An Area has one or more minefields; Layer .................. it is the minefield itself. A Layer has one or more mines; Slot .................... it is the mine itself. A Slot has just one mine;   Building up random minefields: Make sure the Dynamic Despawn feature is running: In GameModeSF, select your SCR_GameModeSFManager (or the current SCR_GameMode you are using) and: Check the Dynamic Despawn option; [OPTIONAL] To make the Dynamic Despawn even more friendly to the server, increase the Update Rate from 4 to 10 seconds as I do for all my missions; Visit your Resource Browser in ArmaReforger > Prefabs > ScenarioFramework > Components and: AREA-SETUP: Drag and drop an Area (Area.et) in the middle of a region you want to cover with one or more minefields; LAYER-SETUP: Drag and drop a Layer (Layer.et) on the place where you want to set a minefield; In your World Editor's Hierarchy area, drag and drop the current Layer into the recently created Area; Drag and drop how many Slots (Slot.et) you want to convert for landmines for that specific minefield; Again, in Hierarchy area, don't forget to drag and drop the new slots into the recently created Layer; Select all Slots of the current Layer and: In the Object Properties area, select SCR_ScenarioFrameworkSlotBase; In the Asset area, click on the "..." button, and search for one of these options, for example: US landmine = E_Mine_M15AT.et; USSR landmine = E_Mine_TM62M.et;
      Crucial: don't use the options without "E_" as a prefix because those options will not work properly in-game. All "E_" options are in ArmaReforger > PrefabsEditable > Mines; [OPTIONAL] In the Debug area, check the option Show Debug Shapes During Runtime to find easily where non-spawned mines would be during your mission creation; Now, repeat the "Layer-Setup" to create more minefields for the same area; Back to "Area-Setup", select your Area in the Hierarchy tree, go to Object Properties, and click on SCR_ScenarioFrameworkArea; In the Children's area: In the Spawn Children field, select Random_Multiple; In the Random Percent, set 50 to say to the engine that only 50 percent of all minefields belonging to this specific area should be spawned when some player is around; In the Debug area, check both options to show the area shape; In the Activation area: check the Dynamic Spawn option; In the Dynamic Despawn Range field, set a good range for the Area, keeping in mind the Update Rate configured in Dynamic Despawn (spawn/despawn) features previously set. Now, repeat the "Area-Setup" for each area you want to set more minefields.     The result: (Image below) The result must be similar to this:   (Image below) if no player is in the area, no minefield will be spawned:   (Image below) If some player is inside a specific area, 50% of all minefields from that specific area will be spawn:   (Image below) But if all players leave that area, all minefields will be despawn, waiting for some player to come back to spawn the same minefields previously chosen in the mission starts, and only those landmines not triggered yet:   (Image below) If some player is inside more than one areas with Despawn System activated, both areas will spawn their minefields as expected:     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   Performance Warning: Each activated landmine in-game is checked by the engine many times per second in-game, looking for specific entities close enough to trigger that landmine. You can place uncountable landmines in your mission, BUT if you spawn too many mines at the same time, the server will face brutal FPS drops, which will decrease the player's PC performance as well. That said, perform tons of tests through those areas (Area.et) and make sure the minefields (Layer.et) are spawned just when some player is inside the area range, and despawned when no players are in.   Current landmine placing limitations: If you try to set a mine into the ground, leaving just a small portion of it on the surface, unfortunately the mine will disappear when the mission is running; Only AT mines are available; Minefields will be spawned when a player is in the area;   Question? Something more? Share your thoughts!       - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Arma 3 Script for automatic minefield creation: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/241257-release-ethics-minefields/  
    • Mods: Prilivsko (Flooded), Sullen Skies, Agile Zodiac (Electric Version), ReColor.
    • EricJ Helicopter Pack   RC66
      - Renamed the mod "EricJ Helicopter Pack" to better reflect the various helicopters I'm doing, since I'm adding other helicopters to the pack, and not just strictly UH-60s
    • Доброе утро!    пожалуйста, проверьте статистику данных игроков. за одну неделю убили более 2 тысяч человек и все убийства были в голове! Я играю в эту игру уже 4 года и точно знаю, что это нереально для игрока, который играет честно!!! Прошу вас проверить и заблокировать этих игроков, меня очень расстраивает тот факт, что вы играете честно и стремитесь месяцами или годами добиться хороших результатов, а некоторые читеры делают это за одну неделю. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRbv2f74mlLt4yVql1omPKM51oToa590/view?usp=drivesdk https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F8_xdiYBhFllFRHYGOIAoOU6yyljq77q/view?usp=drivesdk
    • A transportation and logistics company plays a vital role in making sure goods move smoothly from one place to another. These companies are like the invisible helpers that ensure products we use every day are available when we need them. They manage everything from picking up goods from manufacturers to delivering them to stores or directly to our homes. Learn how Momentum Logistics can help you with storage and transportation. First, transportation companies are responsible for moving goods. They use various methods like trucks, ships, planes, and trains to carry items over short and long distances. Each method has its strengths. For instance, trucks are flexible and can reach almost any location, while ships are ideal for transporting large quantities of goods across oceans. Second, logistics companies handle the planning and coordination needed to move goods efficiently. They organize routes, manage schedules, and ensure that goods arrive on time. Logistics also involves tracking shipments to keep customers informed about where their products are and when they will arrive. This planning helps prevent delays and keeps everything running smoothly. Another key role of these companies is storage. Often, goods need to be kept in warehouses before they are sent to their final destination. Logistics companies manage these storage facilities, making sure products are stored safely and can be easily accessed when needed. Good storage practices help maintain the quality of goods and ensure they are ready for delivery at the right time. Additionally, transportation and logistics companies focus on customer satisfaction. They understand the importance of timely deliveries and work hard to meet customer expectations. Whether it's delivering a package to your doorstep or ensuring that stores are stocked with the latest products, these companies aim to provide reliable and efficient service. In summary, transportation and logistics companies are essential for the smooth movement of goods. They handle everything from transporting and storing products to planning routes and schedules. By ensuring that goods are delivered on time and in good condition, they help keep businesses running and make our daily lives more convenient.