• Topics

• When dealing with this you can use the side of the group of the unit. _realSide = side group _deadUnit;   Does this exist? This variable will be Nil until the display is being shown and its onLoad has happened.   This... ... can be replaced with just... _color = side group _oldUnit call BIS_fnc_sideColor;   Surely when the mission starts this is just the side/group of the player. Not quite sure what you mean by team.   Could this not be done with createMarker of type ICON, then the information would be available to all maps rather than handling them individually by placing drawIcon's on them all/
    • hello I'm part of a small mod team and am getting conflicting rules from other modders I need help clearing up. we are trying to use an asset that has this deed of free use attached to it CC BY 4.0 Deed | Attribution 4.0 International | Creative Commons, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ in this deed it states no money gained and must credit original maker of the asset. if we follow those rules that also line up with the mod user agreement can we use the asset? its on arma reforger
    • I have a custom player marker system. For the most part, it functions fine. However I had to implement some workarounds. 4 sides PVP only (Blufor, Opfor, Independent and Civilian.)
      Simply put, it creates markers on the map and gps minimap for each teammate, in addition to one for the player. 

However, since I am making use of civilians as a playable faction, they occasionally showed up with Blufor's team markers until I set side relations and -10000 rating for each civilian. Once that was solved I ran into a new issue: (I didn't know this) Players apparently become civilians from the moment they die until they respawn - meaning civilian positions would be relayed to a non civilian player. 
      As such, I figured I might be able to make the regular markers only appear when the player is alive. That worked. So I also figured I could make some OTHER markers display based on _oldUnit in onPlayerRespawn. But I get nothing. My intent is to have RespawnOnStart = 0, so that _oldunit would have a chance to be set, because while I am sure there's a way to get the team the player selected in the lobby and display markers based on that but I wouldn't quite know where to begin.

onPlayerRespawn.sqf params ["_oldUnit", "_killer", "_respawn", "_respawnDelay"]; _miniMapEH = ((uiNamespace getVariable "RscCustomInfoMiniMap") displayCtrl 101) ctrlAddEventHandler ["Draw",  {         private ["_color"];                            switch (side _oldUnit) do              {                 case west:                  {                     _color = [0, 0.3, 0.6, 1]; // Blue color for BLUFOR                 };                 case east:                  {                     _color = [0.5, 0, 0, 1]; // Red color for OPFOR                 };                 case independent:                  {                     _color = [0, 0.5, 0, 1]; // Green color for Independent                 };                 default                 {                     _color = [0.4, 0, 0.5, 1]; // Purple color for Civilian                 };             };                      // Loop through all playable units to draw icons for each player on the same side             {                 if (side _x == side _oldUnit) then                  {                     // Draw colored dot icons for team players on the map                     _this select 0 drawIcon [                     "\A3\ui_f\data\map\markers\military\dot_CA.paa", // Icon path                     _color, // Color based on player's side                     getPosASLVisual _x,                     32, // Icon width                     32, // Icon height                     getDirVisual _x,                     "", // Empty text                     1, // Scale                     0.04, // Text size                     "PuristaMedium", // Text font                     "right" // Text align                     ];                                                                                   _this select 0 drawIcon [                         "\A3\ui_f\data\map\vehicleicons\iconManVirtual_ca.paa", // Icon path                         [1, 1, 1, 0.65], // White color with 65% opacity                         getPosASLVisual _x,                         25, // Icon width                         25, // Icon height                         getDirVisual _x,                         name _x, // Name                         1, // Scale                         0.04, // Text size                         "PuristaMedium", // Text font                         "right" // Text align                         ];                                    };             } forEach allUnits;              }]; diag_log format ["_oldUnit Side: %1", side _oldUnit];  
    • Nice work - I've always thought about doing something like this.   Have you thought about modelling some real military ration packs for more of the military side of things?
    • If you pay attentionyou can see before the end of the timer something moved and get ping as an enemy. Then as the timer end kill one of us in spawn and we kill him. He moving before the game start   https://youtube.com/watch?v=WOYYotncC44&feature=shared