• Topics

• Howdy Rotators,   I'm loving Air Control but I've run into a few bugs in just the first couple hours. I'm playing SP mission. After Nightmare1 informs me that they have little fuel left they return to FOB but then hover stationary indefinitely instead of landing. Seen this happen twice already. One time I noticed the above, I set Nightmare1 to follow me in the support menu and ordered the pilot to disembark from the heli. Note that the gunner had been killed in an earlier fight. This worked to get the heli onto the ground but when I RTBed to begin the next "day" Nightmare1 heli had no AI inside, just a dead gunner. I still had spoken voice lines when running Nightmare 1 commands, but nothing actually happened. An AI pilot in my team managed to nurse his badly damaged heli back to FOB and land (was pretty cool honestly). Both crew were injured, I looked around for some option to heal them but this seems impossible. I've found the medical tent, I can heal myself there, but seemingly no way to heal my AI teammates. I guess I could execute them and recruit more but it's immersion breaking. What irritates me is that by default I can order AI to heal at the medical tent but this ability seems to have been manually removed in the mission. Why? I can complete cargo tasks with AI pilots by ordering them to pick up cargo and drop it off. The task completes and sector resources seem to increase upon the AI unloading, but I don't receive XP unless I'm within a few metres of the AI heli or inside it. Is this intended? Related to (4), I finished the last cargo task of a "day" using an AI heli while I was standing at the FOB. Upon the AI completing the task the RTB task started and then immediately completed. So far so good. Unfortunately after the fade out and fade back in, my AI seemed to be no longer inside a heli and promptly died. This may have been because enemies spawned nearby, and it was shot down while my screen was black. Or maybe the heli despawned killing them. Either way, pretty annoying. Related to (5), it'd be nice if I could manually end the "day" instead of it automatically ending as soon as I enter FOB. It'd give the player a chance to do housekeeping such as replenishing helis, playing dress-up in arsenal etc. Or at least put some checks in to make sure all the team is back and not just player. Not a bug but why am I limited to recruiting only 3 AI? I can walk up to the mortars at the arty base and connect my UAV terminal. Is this intended?
    • Same here. seems the VirtualAISquad is a vanilla Module, but got removed in recent update? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_CfgVehicles_EMPTY#VirtualAISquad
    • An all electric version of the Zodiac/Rescue boats.   Features: Zero emissions! 🌍
      All electric soundset! ⚡
      Eco-friendly Spec-Ops! 🔇   Tweaks the Zodiac making them more agile over water: Tighter turning circle.
      More responsive rudder control.   Covers every vanilla faction. (BLU, OPFOR, INDP, CIV)      
    • I’ve defined “custom” (ie RHS and vanilla) groups via my description.ext file.  Is there a way I can spawn those groups via Bis_fnc_spawngroup? Based off of my structure, would this be the correct syntax:
        configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "NATO_RHS" >> "Infantry" >> "NATO_RHS_RifleSquad"
      I don’t know if “configfile” needs to be concluded…?   Description.ext:
      Nato  
    • I am trying to implement a safezone.

Rules of safezone:
      Players who spawn inside safezone are invulnerable until they leave the safezone trigger. If they return there is a 10 second delay before they are invincible again.

I managed to get that part working. 

// Create trigger centered on the safezone marker for vehicles
      _safezoneTriggerVehicle = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos _logic];
      _triggerSize = [(_markerSize select 0), (_markerSize select 1), 0, false, 100];
      _safezoneTriggerVehicle setTriggerArea _triggerSize;
      _safezoneTriggerVehicle setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true]; _safezoneTriggerVehicle setTriggerStatements [
          "this && {count (thisList select {alive _x && (_x isKindOf 'LandVehicle' || _x isKindOf 'Air')}) > 0}",
          "
          {
              if (_x isKindOf 'LandVehicle' || _x isKindOf 'Air') then {
                  _x allowDamage false;
                  hint format ['%1 is now invulnerable', _x];
              };
          } forEach (thisList select {alive _x && (_x isKindOf 'LandVehicle' || _x isKindOf 'Air')});
          ",
          "
          {
                  _x allowDamage true;
                  hint format ['%1 is now vulnerable', _x];
              };
          } forEach (thisList select {alive _x && (_x isKindOf 'LandVehicle' || _x isKindOf 'Air')});
          "
      ];

However, I also need this to apply to players who get in vehicles, any vehicles spawned by the player (not yet implemented), as well as any vehicle being driven by a player. I've tried the following, but the vehicle and player don't become invincible again after reentering the trigger:
        // Create trigger centered on the safezone marker for vehicles
      _safezoneTriggerVehicle = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos _logic];
      _triggerSize = [(_markerSize select 0), (_markerSize select 1), 0, false, 100];
      _safezoneTriggerVehicle setTriggerArea _triggerSize;
      _safezoneTriggerVehicle setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true]; _safezoneTriggerVehicle setTriggerStatements [
          "this && {count (thisList select {alive _x && (_x isKindOf 'LandVehicle' || _x isKindOf 'Air')}) > 0}",
          "
          {
                  _x allowDamage false;
                  hint format ['%1 is now invulnerable', _x];
              };
          ",
          "
          {
                  _x allowDamage true;
                  hint format ['%1 is now vulnerable', _x];
              };
          "
      ];
       I assume its something to do with the changing state of the player on the vehicle, but am not sure. I have combed through forums over the last 2 days, and all I find are old, generally outdated examples. Same with youtube. Any guidance would be appreicated:
      full script:

https://pastebin.com/AExnxN2h