• Topics

• Hi folks,   Yup, still keeping Exile alive these days like a few of you.

Trying to sort out where I can declare a spawn location for a player that is new to the server.

If anyone is familiar with the player joining server pipeline and can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. 

Understand this is not a beginner task and there's quite a few "case" or "if's" that will need to happen in order to fork the flow.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas?  
    • hello, post me your ExileServer_system_network_event_onPlayerConnected.sqf and your log if you can, preferably on pastebin
    • Hi @Codam13, we have now responded to your email, we apologize for the delay. Thank you again for sending over the info we requested 🙂🍅
    • Hi,
      I am storing a short script using setVariable and I get this warning:

Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'spawncycle1' is using type of ',SCRIPT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

Its for a revive mod and I terminate previous script iteration if this function is called again.
        // TERMINATE PREVIOUS _spawncycle //AGAIN FOR GOOD MEASURE _spawncycle1 = (_medic getVariable ["spawncycle1",false]); if (typeName _spawncycle1 == "SCRIPT") then { terminate _spawncycle1; }; _spawncycle1 = [_medic, _incap] spawn { params ["_medic", "_incap"]; // Start Recycle / death / Auto recovery [_medic, _incap] spawn ROS_Fnc_Recycle_Fnc; // Start AI revive [_medic, _incap] spawn ROS_Fnc_AIReviveUnits; // Pause thread waitUntil { sleep 1; (!alive _incap or !alive _medic or !(lifestate _incap == "INCAPACITATED")) }; };//spawn _medic setVariable ["spawncycle1",_spawncycle1,true];

How can apply the warning message recomendation, which is "not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types"

help appreciated

Bendy
    • Does anyone know if the CPack service is still running? For me it just shows a "Connecting..." message, and I haven't been able to find any further info...