• Topics

• My apologies @Blitzen88 I've obviously misread your post. It was late at night when I looked at it.   The contents of the expression field are saved in a variable within the module. You can give the module a variable name, then use getVariable and setVariable commands to edit.   For example... // Grab the current contents of the 'expression' field: _Expression = _Module getVariable "expression"; // Update the contents of the 'expression' field: _Module setVariable ["expression", {comment "Your code here"}];   Does this help?
    • That was not the intention.
      It's not meant to be condescending, it's meant to make you think before acting. Don't implement instructions, install things, etc without knowing its effects. Or ask. If you don't understand, ASK FIRST!!!! 

Actually, I also know better and that's why I don't use spaces to complicate data paths. You can use quotes in cmdline operations but why complicate the path. This also comes from experience.   If you didn't follow the example in it's simplest form without knowing the ramifications, and you use spaces; I'm not responsible for that.

I actually really don't care how super intelligent I come of or not...  Maybe it's an intelligent person's dilemma looking around at all the idiots being too lazy to understand.
      (And no that's not directed at you since you seem to imply that... it's a generalism. But, if the shoe fits)

There's basics to computing you need to know before using a computer or to follow basic instructions.
      Even Bohemia's article covering this states you need some basic knowledge.

• Sadly, that's not possible without creating a little mod. Characters are created on the engine side and are put together by config. Only commands available are setFace + setIdentity and they both works only with cfgFaces. It's a bit sad we can't do it in other way. Only characters you can fully customize with setObjectTexture are VR men. For normal characters only their clothing can be textured.
    • Hi. Depends if tent has source animation available. If it does, then it should be exactly as you done. Changing 1 to 0 should hide/unhide doors of the tent. To be able to animate, source has to be set to "user" by config. I tried this code with "Land_MedicalTent_01_NATO_generic_open_F" and it worked. Not really sure where is the problem if it didn't worked for you. Maybe wrong animation source name ? //Hide/unhide doors tent animateSource ["Door_Hide",0,TRUE]; //Debug-get all source animations _animations = configProperties [(configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf tent >> "AnimationSources"),"TRUE",TRUE] apply {configName _x}; systemChat str _animations;
      In case when tent doesn't have any animation source, you would have to replace the object on the original position with original vector.
      Something like this:
        soldierXXXX_fnc_replaceWith = { scriptName "soldierXXXX_fnc_replaceWith"; params ["_original","_new"]; private _pos = getPosWorldVisual _original; private _dir = vectorDirVisual _original; private _up = vectorUpVisual _original; deleteVehicle _original; private _object = _new createVehicle [0,0,0]; _object setPosWorld _pos; _object setVectorDirAndUp [_dir,_up]; _object setVehicleVarName str _original; missionNamespace setVariable [str _original,_object]; _object }; [tent,"Land_MedicalTent_01_white_IDAP_open_F"] call soldierXXXX_fnc_replaceWith;  
    • The ACE Wiki isn't comprehensive. Bookmark the ACE GitHub for future browsing:  https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/tree/master/addons