• Topics

• Hello everyone,
      I had an idea while I was creating a mission in which I play an undercover policeman who has to infiltrate a drug dealer's hideout.
      I created an undercover system for the occasion, which I think is perfect. As long as you're not wearing a policeman's uniform or taking your gun out of its holster, enemies consider you a civilian. But as soon as you take out your weapon or put on a bullet-proof vest marked “POLICE”, for example, enemies will start shooting at you. This gave me the idea of creating a multiplayer mode (I should point out that I've never done anything like this, I don't have the skills for it) in which you play as officers from Altis who have to take back the island from the traffickers who have invaded it.
      The equipment available will be very limited (only pistols and machine guns), and the difficulty high, with a hint of realism.
      I sincerely think that this would be a very good idea, so I'm taking the liberty of throwing it out there, like a bottle in the sea. The undercover system I just made would be the core of this gamemode.   In short, the system is Capture the Island: you have to take over all the towns one by one.
      To do this, you'll have to patrol the city in civilian clothes, looking for drug dealers' hideouts: houses filled with armed bandits and used as drug-selling grounds. It's imperative that you first go undercover (dressed as a civilian) to steal “evidence” before finally being able to kill everyone, if possible with the help of more heavily armed players/policemen. If the traffickers spot you before you steal the evidence, the mission will fail. After 10 minutes, if no policeman has taken care of the stash, it will disappear, and you'll have to search the city again. What's more, two stakeouts can't appear at the same time, only one at a time.
      You'll need to collect around 15 pieces of evidence in this way from around the city.
      This will unlock the “ultimate” mission, which will allow you to recover the city from the traffickers, and continue your progress around the island.
      The evidence will have enabled you to identify a heavily-guarded location inside or outside the city: a house or building full of drug dealers armed to the teeth, with pickups,  assault rifles, bulletproof vests, much better armed than the small traffickers of the 15 missions. Of course for this last mission there is no longer any point in going in civilian clothes / undercover mod : you have to equip yourself with machine guns, police cars and bulletproof vests. At the heart of this place will be the local baron who will either have to be brought back to a nearby police vehicle, or just activate an action with the wheel which will act as handcuffs, or even just kill him. After this objective is achieved, you must kill the rest of the bandits. After that, the mission will be successful, the city will be recovered, and you can advance to the next city. The cities concerned will only be the major cities on the map, in order to reinforce realism. (If all the hideouts are within a 100 meter radius it's ridiculous)   There will also be several kinds of side objective in the meantime, for example a hostage situation where it will be necessary to kill the hostage takers, a gofast where it will be necessary to "stop" the vehicle which will pass at high speed near the city, a Bank robbery...   There you go, I'm going to try to upload a small mission with my undercover system so that you can try to see what it's worth. Thank you so much for reading, and don't hesitate to tell me what you think. 😄
    • Hi. You had a invisible character at the end of the script. To check it, you have to use either some editor that supports showing invisible characters or you can paste it here in the code window and the place where such character is located is usually marked with red dot 🔴 . That sometimes happens when you copy paste code from elsewhere.
      So if you want to use the original code, just delete the invisible character at the end. (...call BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd;🔴)

To make it more useful, I added some stuff to the code. Depends entirely on you if you want to use them or not.
      I further optimized the condition and added lazy evaluation. That means that condition doesn't have to be evaluated further when the condition would return FALSE at some point and thus could not return TRUE at the end. If you wish to know more about lazy evaluation, read Code Optimization page.
      To further solve the problem with recruiting unmanned vehicles I also added the condition that should check if vehicle has some alive friendly units inside.
      Then ,because vehicles are also possible to recruit, I changed activation code, so instead of single unit you will recruit whole group. That's because previous code only recruited the commander of the vehicle and I think that's not intended behaviour. If you want to change that to previous behaviour, because you need only single units to be recruited instead, simply replace what I did.
      Also I changed the activation distance, if the unit is a man then action will be showed at 3 meters from him, if it's a vehicle, then the action will be showed at 7 meters, because vehicles are usually bigger and at 3 meters the action would not be shown. Priority has also been changed, so the action is now visible immediately after you approach the unit.
      When i tested it I also noticed that if you recruit friendly UAV vehicle, you can totally break its behaviour when you order the AI to dismount 😂, so I added another check and forbid recruiting UAVs as well. [player, "Recruit Unit", "\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_connect_ca.paa", "\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_connect_ca.paa", "side cursorTarget isEqualTo side _this && {cursorTarget distance _this < ([7,3] select (cursorTarget isKindOf 'Man')) && {group cursorTarget isNotEqualTo group _this && {(cursorTarget isKindOf 'Man' OR {({alive _x} count (crew cursorTarget)) > 0}) AND {!unitIsUAV cursorTarget}}}}", "alive cursorTarget",{},{},{ params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"]; units group cursorTarget join _target; },{},[],2,12,false,true] call BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd;  
    • Decided to trick out the Protector SMGs that the Black River PMC uses. I also made some crew members for the helos so that's an additional archetype to mess with, for the Black River and Raven Warfare Group. I'm debating whether or not to give the same loadout to the crew members, but may just give it as a "perk", and so on.  
    • Hello we are a server provider that is new to Arma Reforger and we use DDR5 for our machines but it seems its working less and having memory issues with us for example like the application crashing or a Memory Dump due to "illegal access" to the memory or corrupted memory I have listed an example error for this below if the issue is DDR5 memory not being able to run on this game then we may switch to DDR4 Memory does anyone have any idea if this could be a fix or it could be the hardware we run?

Thank you for anyone who can help

"Program: /home/container/ArmaReforgerServer Reason: Unknown malloc(): unaligned tcache chunk detected"        
    • Currently, v1.1.0.42, all you need to turn the spawn-despawn ON is here:

Source: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Reforger:Scenario_Framework#Dynamic_Spawn/Despawn_2