• Topics

• Awesome!

You had me at white trunk paint!!

Its the "little things" that, when combined, make up a great terrain. 💪
    • Everything From ARMA 3 , just move it all over all the vehicles all the tanks all the planes all the guns   heres why , we going mod them and they prob going look more ugly than developers own , when game looks nice people buy   dont make game look ugly Developers should let the modders take control of the game for them , we have proven many times our game modes are better and pay for the servers ourselfs   they should lossen the reigns alot more     put arma4 at 100$ +               
    • Might want to make it clearer "protrial_16/quokka" is username / password. Some people can be a bit clueless lol
    • Rather interesting question 🧐
      For my part, I choose to offer infinite respawn in my co-op. These are often missions where the AI is deactivated in MP, and the only units present are players. Adding respawn points in the middle of a mission is an asset that makes the whole thing more dynamic, without giving the impression of doing the same thing over and over again, even in SP.

On the other hand, I also played for a few months with a milsim team, and of course there was no respawn. The principle was always to reanimate your teammates, and if all units were dead, then the mission failed.

These two approaches need to be defined according to the audience you're targeting for your mission, I think. The trick is to define it well and communicate it to players, so that those who are looking for infinite respawns can find some, but that those who prefer the “no respawn” approach can also find what they're looking for!

I suppose that in the ultimate, it should be possible to offer the choice to players at the start of the mission, but this requires specific scripts and certainly a lot of work behind the scenes.
    • Hi this is my two cents on this concept. I don't like to play with respawns for playable units. I agree when you play with respawns in a co-op mission players will become sloppy for sure.  My solution. I have modified  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954149033     I call this modification last Man standing. All playable units will never die only go unconscious and the mission will end if all playable units are unconscious at the same time. Team switch is enabled.  This ensures that players will try to keep alive all playable units due to unique layouts of each unit.  This makes all playable units necessary to complete mission. This is not recommended for open missions join in progress co-op missions because of team switch. You can always disable team switch if you like but I usually play solo or only with a few friends. I am not into the whole open join in games. Avibird