Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

What do you mean?

Well say someone wants to develop their own radio back pack, is there a way it can use the ACRE mod without having to be included into it?

Well say someone wants to develop their own radio back pack, is there a way it can use the ACRE mod without having to be included into it?

Yes, but we want to wait till we have matured our required frameworks for people to do so.

is it compatible with the latest beta (72197)?

Has it been over 24 hours from the release of that beta?

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Just a little note I found nice!

There are over 60 servers now running ACRE! :D

Has it been over 24 hours from the release of that beta?

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Just a little note I found nice!

There are over 60 servers now running ACRE! :D

Yes, almost 48h

hey hey nice we need reach 100 server using acre =D i see you need models for retransmission equipement , did you want some picture ?

Hi guys,

Just want say you did great job. However may I suggest you to work a little bit more on the automatic installer so that it would not be more complicated than double click on exe file , choosing destination folders.

May consider this point : new dependency for ACRE (JArma2lib....) => new build for the installer. So that user will just have to uninstall and install to update and that's all. It will save huge time for all of us (experience inside). :o

@Minidou: if you have some time do translate into french the ACRE Manual so that we can easily and massively distribute ACRE into french arma 2 community ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

shepard did you fuck a bichon ? i work on the translation but shut it's a surprise ;)

shepard did you fuck a bichon ? i work on the translation but shut it's a surprise ;)

You mean, it was a surprise :D

Hello

Thanks to devs for great job.

I found few things which may be improved

1. 3D voice volume to distance scaling. I have a feeling that it sounds unrealistic. When 2 soldiers talk to each other and they are 50m far away from me I can hear them as close as a few meters.

2. I think voice heard from radio should be distorted. Even with top signal quality, the voice should not sound like direct speech. Based on my knowledge, voice input is filtered, frequencies out of 'human-speech-freq-range' are cut off before converting into medium (FM waves). After that, mics and radio speakers have some limits also. Concluding: radio-transmited voice shouldn't sound as clear as direct one

3. there are known problems with comunication in montains using long range radio. I know you are working on it.

best regards

Edited by MaXyM

3. there are known problems with comunication in montains using long range radio. I know you are working on it.

best regards

Hmm not mouch to do if you've got 2 km of solid rock in the middle ;)

But a bird whispered in my ear and said something about a wonderfull thing called retrans that will come soon..

Hi guys. I'm having issues. When I try to launch I get "JayArma2Lib: Incompatible version of arma2 or unable to check version". I've been trying to install this for a couple of hours and I've had about 5 cracks at it now based on my clans step by step guide. Ok my details and things I've tried below.

- Both OA and Arma 2 are sprocket downloads

- I've got the CBA, JayArma2Lib and ACRE folders in /Arma2 root

- Above is also in my mod line

- dsound.dll is in my /Arma2 root

- I'm not running the OA beta

- I'm running everything in administrator

- I made sure no programs were running while everything was downloaded and installed

- All ym versions of Arma2 and OA are up to date as I can play with the lads who have already installed this.

I'm at a loss here guys. the half dozen guys in my clan who ahve already done this had no issues.

here is the link to my Clans step-by-step - http://www.zspecialunit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2311

I must be doing something silly. Looks like a great mod guys. Cant wait to get it sorted. I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

JW

Dud45 guys in my clan had the same issue. Intall the last beta patch from BIS for OA, re-install ACRE and put the dsound.dll in \expansion\beta folder. Then use the shortcut which is into the \expansion\beta folder to start the game with @ACRE and @JArma2lib ;)

Edited by Major_Shepard

I had the exact same problem dud. Just install the beta patch and make sure the dll is in the beta directory like major shepard says, and you should be fine.

I Don't get why they chose to not support the sprocket version though...

Had great fun testing this last night. I was radioed about a guy who went down in a chopper, so I flew to the crash site and shouted out the window for him to get the hell in. Great stuff!

Looking forward to any forthcoming relay or TACSAT capability...

There are a number of things that I would like to see developed:

1. The ability to use the scroll wheel for changing the numbers on the smaller hand held radio. So pressing 'Mode' and using the scroll wheel to select a number and to move onto the next digit pressing 'GR', and the process would be repeated for the other digits.

2. The ability to select different sound outputs for different sound cards. On my computer, I have two sound cards. The on board audio and the one created via my USB headset.

I have all in game sounds coming through my normal speakers which is the on board audio. All communications via Teamspeak come through my USB headset, unfortunately this also includes the spoken voice chat. I, personally would like the ability for the voice chat to come through my speakers, the on board audio. After all you wouldn't be able to hear spoken voice being transmitted through your radio.

I hope I explained point 2 as simply as I could. If not, I'll have another go.

There are a number of things that I would like to see developed:

1. The ability to use the scroll wheel for changing the numbers on the smaller hand held radio. So pressing 'Mode' and using the scroll wheel to select a number and to move onto the next digit pressing 'GR', and the process would be repeated for the other digits.

2. The ability to select different sound outputs for different sound cards. On my computer, I have two sound cards. The on board audio and the one created via my USB headset.

I have all in game sounds coming through my normal speakers which is the on board audio. All communications via Teamspeak come through my USB headset, unfortunately this also includes the spoken voice chat. I, personally would like the ability for the voice chat to come through my speakers, the on board audio. After all you wouldn't be able to hear spoken voice being transmitted through your radio.

I hope I explained point 2 as simply as I could. If not, I'll have another go.

I see what you're getting at. Unfortunately it seems TS can only output to a single device, and as TS handles all Voip, you're a bit unlucky I suppose. I myself have my soundcard run to both speakers and headset by a 3'5mm splitter, but this will get all your radio over the speakers as well.

But it's a very good suggestion! Maybe you should email the teamspeak devs to include multiple output devices in the SDK so streams (shortrange/longrange over headset device, direct over speaker device) can be allocated accordingly for great immersion justice.

Hello

Thanks to devs for great job.

I found few things which may be improved

1. 3D voice volume to distance scaling. I have a feeling that it sounds unrealistic. When 2 soldiers talk to each other and they are 50m far away from me I can hear them as close as a few meters.

2. I think voice heard from radio should be distorted. Even with top signal quality, the voice should not sound like direct speech. Based on my knowledge, voice input is filtered, frequencies out of 'human-speech-freq-range' are cut off before converting into medium (FM waves). After that, mics and radio speakers have some limits also. Concluding: radio-transmited voice shouldn't sound as clear as direct one

1. Yah - we are still playing with the scaling for 3d. The newest one in 1.0.3 is pretty absurd; we think we have it down for our next release.

2. Voice chat over the radio *is* distorted by default. The additional problem is that TS3 already does a freq-range limitations for its encoding, so actually getting an effective "radio sound" was difficult for us to begin with.

3. Uhm, can you expand here? That is by design. Your *supposed* to have problems communicating in the mountains with radios...

I see what you're getting at. Unfortunately it seems TS can only output to a single device, and as TS handles all Voip, you're a bit unlucky I suppose.

*actually* we could output to any device on the computer we want. But providing a user-interface for this and dynamically configurable, etc etc. its just way too much work at this point.

Yes, almost 48h

ANYONE THAT IS TRYING TO USE BETA I WILL RE-ITERATE

Every single version of beta is NOT going to have an associated ACRE push. Pushing two updates a week is not going to be the ACRE standard. If you are a beta monkey, please pay attention to http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98647

That is where I post the new JayArmA2Lib support for beta's. We only put the most-recent JayArmA2Lib into the ACRE package when a new one is released.

To re-iterate again: If you want to use beta, you have to keep track of JayArmA2Lib updates and update on your own. we wont be tracking it in this thread.

*actually* we could output to any device on the computer we want. But providing a user-interface for this and dynamically configurable, etc etc. its just way too much work at this point.

I'll maybe suggest it later on in development then. As I said, I would really love to have voice come through my speakers and all radio come through my headset.

I'll maybe suggest it later on in development then. As I said, I would really love to have voice come through my speakers and all radio come through my headset.

Awesome. Go hit our tracker and file a feature request :)

Hello, we are tow to have a problem with the 3d sound.

Friend hear me at left, but i m at his right. Same thing for me.

Any idea ?

(we use both ts 64bits)

Hello, we are tow to have a problem with the 3d sound.

Friend hear me at left, but i m at his right. Same thing for me.

Any idea ?

(we use both ts 64bits)

Headphones on backwards or maybe he has his outputs reversed?

it seems to be a teamspeak inversion problem.