Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

Hello guys,

Firstable, i want to congratulate the entire team for this hard work that's giving us one of the most immersive and realistic addon for A2.

Nevertheless, i am quite surprised not to see any mention of Johnson & Le Culto in your credits. They have the original idea (arma2ts) and even if they were not able to develop and create a state of art addon as yours, i think they deserve to be mentionned.

My 2 cents,

Regards,

While they might not have had the original idea (I think anyone with a programmers mind saw the new TS3 plugin API and went "this could work!") they were the first to implement it and definitely gave us the kick in the pants to get it out.

They have been in our Skype channel since pretty much day one and have lend a hand when they could. We also thank them for letting us hijack their thread... :p

Just tried this online for the first time, and I'm very impressed. Hats off to all involved.

I don't know If it was mentioned.

userconfig/acre

It was not mentioned in installation guide (readme.txt) that config files should be copied to userconfig (on server side too). Without this on server side we could not use radios.

Is it possible to get this to work with the beta?

is it normal the low fram rate ? sometimes i have 30fps and sometimes 10fps and i'm not alone is it possible that is the pluggin ? like a2t ?

I don't know If it was mentioned.

userconfig/acre

It was not mentioned in installation guide (readme.txt) that config files should be copied to userconfig (on server side too). Without this on server side we could not use radios.

This is true.. and since they dont (at least yet and since even the EMPTY file is called clientside config....) provide any kind of functionality for the server I dont understand why there is no "if (isDedicated) then { doNotNeedConfigs };" check..

This is true.. and since they dont (at least yet and since even the EMPTY file is called clientside config....) provide any kind of functionality for the server I dont understand why there is no "if (isDedicated) then { doNotNeedConfigs };" check..

Actually we do have that... Odd... Both sys_core and sys_list which use the CBA key handler functions are set to not run on dedicated servers... Maybe this is a CBA issue.

Actually we do have that... Odd... Both sys_core and sys_list which use the CBA key handler functions are set to not run on dedicated servers... Maybe this is a CBA issue.
Nope, not CBA. The "issue" is with acre_settings.pbo which does this in its config:

#include "\userconfig\acre\acre_clientside_config.hpp"

The solution is simple enough - on the server, install both the "userconfig/..." files that come with ACRE, even if one of them has a suggestive, non-server name. :)

I can't get ACRE to work with the latest Beta patch (72197).

I copied the dsound.dll into ArmA2\Expansions\beta folder but everytime I start OA with the beta I get following error:

arma2jaylib3sqc.jpg

TS3 and OA (Beta too) are running with administrator rights.

Without the beta patch it's working fine.

This is my target line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE"

Cyborg, if you're using todays beta then you wont get it working. Each beta needs to be done by Jaynus with his JayAma2Lib Addon. I'll let him know so he can patch it.

Yep guys, I'll state this now and not again.

New Beta Patches will have at LEAST 24 HOURS LAG TIME BEFORE THERE IS SUPPORT!

This is because there is a manual process in making them compat with the JayArmA2Lib.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Good news everyone!

farnsworth.jpg

Due to either my incompetence or Git again throwing us a merge curveball 1.0 went out with a RC DLL. :(

1.0.1 Hot fix added!

--- 1.0.1 ---

* Fixed crashes during connect/disconnect from TS3 servers when loading and reloading the plugin

* Fixed PostInit untimely fashion WARNING being posted

* Fixed certain speaking/direct/unable to hear people issues

* Fixed certain signal loss issues when flying in an airal vehicle

Check first post for links!

1.0.1 Hot fix added!

--- 1.0.1 ---

* Fixed crashes during connect/disconnect from TS3 servers when loading and reloading the plugin

* Fixed PostInit untimely fashion WARNING being posted

* Fixed certain speaking/direct/unable to hear people issues

* Fixed certain signal loss issues when flying in an airal vehicle

Check first post for links!

althogh you said "Fixed crashes during connect/disconnect from TS3 servers when loading and reloading the plugin" i have an error when i load the plugin and the TS crashs. i double check every thing and still it crashs. the error massage wasn't detailed but a .dmp file was created so if you want i can send you this file.

thanks.

althogh you said "Fixed crashes during connect/disconnect from TS3 servers when loading and reloading the plugin" i have an error when i load the plugin and the TS crashs. i double check every thing and still it crashs. the error massage wasn't detailed but a .dmp file was created so if you want i can send you this file.

thanks.

This is correct; Its a known issue and I am working on the fixes for it right now. That is why it said "connect/disconnect WHILE loading plugin" :)

Loading the plugin independently while connected will still result in a crash; we will have a fix for that in our next hotfix.

ACRE 101

ACE 1.3.0.373

WIN 7 64

when someone is talking on radio.

acremess1.jpg

Edited by Rafalski

ACRE 101

ACE 1.3.0.373

WIN 7 64

when someone is talking on radio.

Yea, didn't run into that in my tests. If people are at the same altitude the opposite side of the slope will be 0 and you can't divide by zero.

Why was there a need to calculate -1/slope in the firstplace?

Why was there a need to calculate -1/slope in the firstplace?

Transmitters below the receiver?

Its not a negative slope, it just checks if its above or below and does the right arithmetic.

Any chance that the code can be modified for mods creating their own radio packs?

Any chance that the code can be modified for mods creating their own radio packs?

What do you mean?

Installed this mod on our server and a couple of guys have it working. But when I press caps lock to use the radio I broadcast in game and via TS3. The other guys just broadcast in game using caps lock.

I've got mouse button 4 on my G9 set as my PTT on TS which works fine, I've also tried a different key stroke for TS PTT in case somehow mouse 4 was bound to caps lock but it isn't. I just can't get in to stop the dual broadcast to the game and TS when I use caps lock. Any ideas?

I'm using windows xp

Installed this mod on our server and a couple of guys have it working. But when I press caps lock to use the radio I broadcast in game and via TS3. The other guys just broadcast in game using caps lock.

Capslock is the default in-game VON key. You must do one of the following:

1. Reassign your in-game VON key using the in game controls menu

2. Change the ACRE Radio PTT via userconfig\acre\acre_keys.hpp (just like in ACE)

Next -

If you are not getting a popup when you hit capslock at all, and no TS3 broadcast, you either:

A. Do not have the plugin enabled

B. have not started TS3 as administrator