Sign in to follow this  
lexx

[OA] Black Weapon Variant

Black Weapon Variant

So, after I've released my first ArmA2 mod yesterday, the idea came up, to not only edit the M32 grenade launcher into a black version, but also all the SCAR weapons that come with Operation Arrowhead. Thought, said, done. Here it is now. All SCAR variants, the M32 and MK17 grenade launcher in one pack.

This mod will not work with ArmA2 vanilla. To use it, you will need to have at least Operation Arrowhead installed.

This mod doesn't touche any of the weapons stats, it just adds the weapons with a different look into the game. It doesn't replace the existing items, the black variants are added as alternate versions.

Screenshots:

blackvariant1_thumb.jpg blackvariant2_thumb.jpg blackvariant3_thumb.jpg M32black1_thumb.jpg M32black3_thumb.jpg

(I've added the M32 it to this mod as well, to make it a kind of "complete" pack. Also the "Black" tag that you can see on the item box screenshot is gone by now.)

Changelog:

18.07.2010:

- Added Glock17 in black.

- Added M110 in black.

- Fixed some texture details with all SCAR weapons.

- Added "Black" ammobox objects, so you can pick up the weapons from there.

- Changed all item tags to something more mod-obvious.

Important: As I changed names, it's better to delete the old mod folder. Else you might end up with double content.

17.07.2010:

- First Release

Download:

Version 1.1

Armaholic Mirror:

Version 1.1

Arma2Base Mirror:

Version 1.1

Installation:

Extract this archive into your arma2 folder. Then start it like every other mod as well, there is nothing fancy about it. This achive comes with the default mod folder structure, key files and the following *.pbo files:

- lexx_m32_variant.pbo

- lexx_mk17_variant.pbo

- lexx_scar_variant.pbo

- lexx_glock17_variant.pbo

- lexx_ammobox_variant.pbo

As I changed the *.pbo and folder names, it would be useful to delete the old "@Black_Variant" folder and files first. Else you will most likely get double content.

You will need Operation Arrowhead, either as stand alone or in combination with Arma2 vanilla.

Other Stuff:

Weapon Class names:
LEXX_SCAR_L_CQC_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_L_CQC_Holo_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_RCO_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_L_CQC_EGLM_Holo_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_TWS_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_L_STD_HOLO_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_L_CQC_CCO_SD_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_H_STD_EGLM_Spect_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD_BLACK
LEXX_SCAR_H_STD_TWS_SD_BLACK
LEXX_Mk13_EP1_BLACK
LEXX_M32_EP1_BLACK
LEXX_M110_TWS_EP1_BLACK
LEXX_M110_NVG_EP1_BLACK
LEXX_glock17_EP1_BLACK

Ammo box Class names:
LEXX_USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1_BLACK
LEXX_USBasicWeapons_EP1_BLACK
LEXX_USSpecialWeapons_EP1_BLACK
LEXX_USLaunchers_EP1_BLACK

Everything in this mod can be used as will. I have no problem with it, if someone wants to use it for whatever else or wants to modify something, etc. But keep in mind, that it's still BIS stuff and not my own models.

Edited by Lexx

Nice! Great for when you want to use scars in woodland-terrain where that bright tan doesn't really fit in. :)

Thank you, that was quick!

Now for a challenge, what about the vehicles in woodland..? :p

Fantastic. I'd love to see a black M110 reskin, if you get bored :p

I could make a black M110 for the next version, not a big deal.

That'd be good :)

Mebbe black AK-74?

Or...Mebbe Black SCAR??

I cann't find them in the ammobox. And I noticed your first screenshot which seems a ACE ammobox name. Could you explain this?

Probably it's ACE Magicbox... You know, shows every weapon in game ;p

Otherwise you have to use class names...

Yes, it's the Magicbox. I didn't added them to the normal weapon boxes, because I wasn't sure if I should do it or not. I'll guess it wouldn't be a problem to do it.

Make a new one... Name it like normal and add (BLACK) at the end. That should do it...

Good idea. Will come with the next update + a black M110.

We already have a black glock in arma2. Personally I would prefer if you do that as a OA only addon.

Not good.

Add your own tags to the class names, you can't just go around adding _BLACK after an official addon and think that's good.

And all of you addon users, it'd be really swell if the first comment whenever someone makes an addon without a tag would be "please add a tag, please", especially if they can do it before the whole thing swells out of proportion.

Thanks.

Wolfrug out.

Well, I didn't know that. It's no problem to change this, will need like 30 seconds.

Now I've got some question. Is there any way to use a display name string and simply adding a own, second string behind it? Something like "$STR_EP1_DN_USBasicWeapons_EP1 & (Black)" ? I am fiddleing around with it now since a while, but can't get anything to work and I don't really want to scrap the defined strings, because of language translation stuff.

Version 1.1 is up. Fixed some texture stuff and added the M110 and Glock 17 in black version. Also there are now new ammo boxes, in which you can find the items.

I changed all class names and the mod folder. So if you extract the new version into your arma2 folder, you should delete the old folder, or you will most likely get content twice (old and new).

nice for mecenaries :)

would be cool if you could make them in olive though.

and the black BIS weapons coyote brown :)