Sign in to follow this  
Kong

Chernarus Life, Warfare, and Berserk

Hello, does the online community for ArmA 2 play a lot of Chernarus Life and Warfare? Also, is there a version of Berserk or something similar to Berserk in ArmA 2?

Not many play Chern life or similar, but on the other hand most of the servers that run them have serious players. Like, follow the rules of the server etc, not that they commit suicide if there char dies ingame :p . Its how APB should have been.

Warfare is similar to CTI and its one of the most popular server modes, apart from COOP. If you want to play warfare join a CTI server.

Theres mostly the Berserk server that runs Berserk, I think.

(If you are talking about the massive 100+ PVP server stuff.)

Not many play Chern life or similar, but on the other hand most of the servers that run them have serious players. Like, follow the rules of the server etc, not that they commit suicide if there char dies ingame :p . Its how APB should have been.

Is there at least a full server or a few full servers hosting Chernarus Life at any given time?

Warfare is similar to CTI and its one of the most popular server modes, apart from COOP. If you want to play warfare join a CTI server.

Speaking of cooperative missions; is there full campaign coop available in ArmA 2?

Theres mostly the Berserk server that runs Berserk, I think.

(If you are talking about the massive 100+ PVP server stuff.)

Yeah, that's the gametype I'm talking about. Is that server pretty active?

I personally loathe warfare with a passion, but there are a few servers doing beserk type stuff. The Charlie Foxtrot server is probably the best Euro PvP IMHO, I'm there quite a bit.

Many servers play Warfare, and about 3 or 4 servers play the new Zargabad Life... most of them usually have at least 6 people on at a time. Berzerk is less popular but can still be found.

Thanks for the server info. I have one more general question.

What kind of performance do you think I could get out of this setup in ArmA 2:

Athlon II X3 440

GTS 250

4GB DDR3 RAM

1024x768 resolution (possibly upgrading monitor later)

Windows XP (might upgrade to Windows 7 later. Especially if it would increase ArmA 2's performance)

I seen a full server the other day of people playing Chernarus Life. Warfare is also pretty popular still, but Berserk hasn't yet been converted to ArmA II. (At least I don't think so)

I seen a full server the other day of people playing Chernarus Life. Warfare is also pretty popular still, but Berserk hasn't yet been converted to ArmA II. (At least I don't think so)

What's the main PVP gametype that most servers are running?

What's the main PVP gametype that most servers are running?

If you consider Warfare/CTI as PvP, then Warfare is the most played PvP gametype.

If you don't, next in list would be "Hold" types of games (from old OFP denomination "Capture & Hold"), for which you will find mainly 2 instanciations : Berzerk on 1 server running with rather large population in, and some "AAS" (Advance And Secure) servers popping on top of list from time to time, usually 32 players, so less large than Berzerk (but not less fun at all if you ask me, I'd advise you to take a peek there when you get the occasion).

And you'll find the public Charlie Foxtrot server running a home made version of C&H (something more in line with old C&H from OFP than both gametypes listed above, in some aspects), with many people also on it.

But these gametypes are few amongst the very numerous Warfare and Domination servers.

If you like their gameplay, go there, keep the servers alive :)

i've been looking for zargabad life but I cannot find the goddamned thing

CAN any brothers help me out!~!!

i've been looking for zargabad life but I cannot find the goddamned thing

CAN any brothers help me out!~!!

thats becuse any server running this missions became he main targets of hackers. I think the last one hosting this mission with offline yesterday

at the moment there are not many servers up because of the hacker proplem. once it goes away there will be more servers.

at the moment there are 31 Berzerk Missions in the Server, each can take 128ppl but since OA server the whole day empty dont ask me why.

could be found by Berzerk or DAO.

Hello, does the online community for ArmA 2 play a lot of Chernarus Life and Warfare? Also, is there a version of Berserk or something similar to Berserk in ArmA 2?

Hey Kong. There is a decent amount of players for Chernarus life. About 60 or so. I'm actually working as we speak to get my Clr server up. With my server going up there should be about 3 or 4 Clr hosted servers. Im currently doing some testing and getting errors fixed. Check out the site and join me if you like http://average-gamers.webs.com/ Check out OA for the Zargabad Life which is basically the same thing as CLR but on a different map for OA.

There are also many other servers that host Warefare and COOP mode. Those are very populated as well and there a many to chose from. I find warefare more fun than COOP because your going up against another team of real players instead of AI.

I hear there are some Zombie servers like 1 0r two of them. I have not played but I'v seen some post about them. Im actually going to do some searches to find one..That would seem fun to play.