Sign in to follow this  
Zedrein

Military SciFi Projects Thread

Its where the tail starts and the fuselage widens out briefly and then gets thinner and narrower, just below the engines.

Also, new content! ;)

buldozer2012-02-1914-52-49-76.png

th_O2-2.jpg

I'm going to adjust the curve a bit, seems off, but this is where I am at the moment.

Science Fiction addons are my favorite part of ARMA 2. I enjoy the undead mod, predator mod, Mech addons and much more! It's a shame that there are so few individuals that are interested in this genre for a game of this caliber. I have read about the bundles of sci-fi content back in the old OFP and ARMA 1 days and it makes me yearn for the same originality for ARMA 2 and the future.

The drop ship will be very handy because I have been looking for one to compliment the zeta aliens and perhaps any other futuristic missions I can come up with. Will it be equipped with weapons for self defense?

**Also, I think it would be beneficial (Perhaps you would want to do this, Topgun?) to start a mega thread of this theme and compile all the Sci-Fi content that has been created for ARMA 2 in the OP post.

That suggestion is a very good idea mate. :)

I'd do a search first for any such exisiting threads before creating a new thread.

Weapons? On MY dropship? Crazy talk! ;)

DropShip-Photo.jpg

1x 25mm gatling gun w/900 rounds

32x Mk. 16 Banshee 70 150mm (5.9in) FFAR: 70.8kg HE | Range: unknown | Speed 1800m/s (6480kph)

12x Mk. 10 Zeus 70mm (2.75) FFAR: No useful info in the CM Tech manual.

8x Mk. 88 SGW 120mm (4.75in) ATGM: 2.2kg Shaped charge | Range 1.5km | Speed: unknown

7x AGM-220 HellHound: 107.3kg HE warhead | Range 70km+ | Speed: unknown

3x AGM-204 TSAM (Threat Suppression Attack Missile): 60.6kg HE | Range 20-60km | Speed: "Hyper-velocity", so 3,000+m/s (10,800+kph) according to Wikipedia

3x AIM-90 Headlock: Range 18-24km | Speed: "Hyper-velocity", so 3,000+m/s (10,800+kph) according to Wikipedia

By comparison, the AGM-65D has a 57kg charge, the Hellfire has a 9kg explosive and the PG-7VR rocket has 1.43kg of explosive.

Currently working on the rear engine pod thingy.

Good job b00ce! I think he was using reverse psychology on you. Looking forward to flying this baby in to a 'hot' drop-zone!

Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to flying this baby in to a 'hot' drop-zone!

Keep up the good work.

Me too, thanks.

Update, worked my way down the tail and have the horizontal stabilizer modeled.

buldozer2012-02-2112-53-33-88.pngbuldozer2012-02-2112-53-44-49.png

th_O2-3.jpg

Another update.

O2Side-1.jpg

Front.jpg

th_Perspective.jpg

buldozer2012-02-2322-53-46-41.png

buldozer2012-02-2322-41-46-50.png

th_buldozer2012-02-2322-42-09-44.png

Interestingly enough, an M1 Abrams fits in the cargo bay. ;)

Edited by b00ce

wow simply wow, keep up the great work b00ce :)

Thanks for the kind words, means a lot. Sorry for the late reply, been waiting for more content to show you. ;)

State_of_the_badass_art.png

great work booce.

As a cookie, and pending on my (very very limited) free time, might chip in on the UVs if you want me to, especially since the o2 in a bitch in that department ;)

Edited by PuFu

Woa, really? :D Thanks! I might just take you up on that offer.

Edit:

By the way, is there a limit to the number of missile proxies that an aircraft can have? :p

Edit2:

th_Express_elevator_to_hell.png

Edited by b00ce

Looks simply awesome,man.Hope it really sees the light and will sit comfy on our hdds.

I've always liked Aliens designs,they were inspired by current tech and it's something like you could see in the near future like the Cheyenne or the M577 apc(although we might wait longer for a real-life Sulaco:p).Not super futuristic crap with "ZOMG lazors".

Edited by Krycek

Envious :p...but it looks fantastic and I love the 'LoD'! It'll be perfect once it has the right textures.

Anyone tried these bad boys:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16552

Had a run with them and they look pretty good in-game.Too bad we don't have some sort of sci-fi map,playing pew-pew around old Chernarus or Taki houses is kinda weird.:p

Regarding that District 9 mech a few pages back,it's awesome but the walking animation is ruining it(hope we have more flexibility in A3 regarding animations).

Anyone tried these bad boys:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16552

Had a run with them and they look pretty good in-game.Too bad we don't have some sort of sci-fi map,playing pew-pew around old Chernarus or Taki houses is kinda weird.:p

Regarding that District 9 mech a few pages back,it's awesome but the walking animation is ruining it(hope we have more flexibility in A3 regarding animations).

I've also seen these halo soldiers, they look pretty neat :) .

For maps, well you have my space map.

http://www.stargateassault.net/forum/maps/asteroid-field-space-map/

The map can also be dl'd from armaholic, but I really don't remember if that's the last version, so to be sure you should get the map from the link above and not armaholic ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12765 )

And my Stargate Map, it has some sci fi areas that can fit into any sci fi setting and not just Stargate:

http://www.stargateassault.net/forum/released-42/'worlds'-island-(beta-release)/

Dusted off the old Cheyenne again. Worked on the front landing gear. Here's what I got after a few hours. (Over the span of two days :p)

Gear_01.png

Compare to.

Gear_02.png

Compare to

Not quite done with it yet, so far the pad is approximately 1000 vertexes and faces and the strut is going to bring at least 500+. I'm making the gear very detailed because it's going to be one of the few things you'll get a close up look at, that and the cargo bay/ramp so they'll get extra attention too. I'm at 5836 verts and 6559 faces total, so I have a lot of room to expand and comfortably.

Another update.

Interestingly enough, an M1 Abrams fits in the cargo bay. ;)

Will the Colonial Marines APC that have been around since ArmA 1 going to fit in there?

I would love to see all you Scfi buffs get to gether and go all out on a avatar mod.The hole shabang..Im talking plants and all..just to see what you guys came up with..Plus not to mention you could almost make it like avatars agenst Marines even with there machines and robots they get into"Marines robots".. i think you guys would be outstanding at it..

you are aware this is NOT a request thread, dont you?

you are aware this is NOT a request thread, dont you?

wasnt really requesting it.just was something that popped in my head when i saw all the cool stuff being maid on the thread..Sounded like the guys on the thread like the scfi stuff so was throwing a conversation starter out there..instead of saying wow man good job like everyone else says..But if it offended anyone ill make sure i wont do it again

Will the Colonial Marines APC that have been around since ArmA 1 going to fit in there?

Why should I worry about the one we already have when I have this?

buldozer2010-11-2600-33-46-24.jpg

And yes, it fits. ;)

Holy crap you're making the apc too??You bring double dose of awesomeness.

Why should I worry about the one we already have when I have this?

And yes, it fits. ;)

Excellent, I completely forgot you were making an APC to go with it as well. I remember Steve from VOLCBAT sent you the technical specifications for the Dropship, do you want me to forward onto you the scans of the APC's specifications as per the Colonial Marines Technical Manual

Holy crap you're making the apc too??You bring double dose of awesomeness.

Just to let you know Krycek, there is an Aliens APC out for ArmA II replete with Colonial Marines and their kit.