Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Ovaron Island

Thank you for that link DnA, looks like its a bit more complicated then i tought.

So im going to do that Armory stuff later...

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Whoops forgot something.

If anybody is interrested in a CTI/Warfare for this Map then head over to www.angryinsects.de and their CRcti Proman which now includes this Island ;)

Planning on doing any maps for OA?

This one is pretty awesome, would love to see your talent in OA! :D

Well im doing a second map, its almost half done.

Last time i was working on it i was doing the towns. But im concentrating on Ovaron at the moment because i have not much spare time.

Looks like i will continue it when OA is released, maybe i add stuff from it. Maybe i stick to the old stuff. But i will surely make something for OA some day because there was a lot of interresting stuff to see on the preview pictures.

Cant wait to put my fingers on it :D

sounds groovy. will probably start a warfare port soon since the decision is made. intersted in seeing how it flows. thanks again.

I'm working on one if anybody is interested.

Well im doing a second map, its almost half done.

Last time i was working on it i was doing the towns. But im concentrating on Ovaron at the moment because i have not much spare time.

Looks like i will continue it when OA is released, maybe i add stuff from it. Maybe i stick to the old stuff. But i will surely make something for OA some day because there was a lot of interresting stuff to see on the preview pictures.

Cant wait to put my fingers on it :D

Desert map? Or same old eastern European map...

Nice Job !!

Well done, love it.

-Tools used: ...... and my Brain

Where can I download this tool from ? ;)

Well maybe next map will most probably a mixed one in terms of structures, but it will be a green map.

When OA is out and i still have enough time until i start my further education (hope thats the right word for it) i will do a desert map. Already had some nice ideas :)

Since your so interrested in my next map i got 2 early wip pics for you. Will take some time until that map will be finished.

wpf7ubbkw8l1.jpg reuxfg868wpk.jpg

P.s. Brain is for internal use only, sry no download link :)

Looks pretty awesome. Really reminds me of Sahrani for some reason.

As does Ovaron a bit.

Nice island. Added to KH Community Repo...will be activated tonite.

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Alternatively, as an easier method, you can click on this link to access both KH Repos directly from YAS -> Kelly's AddonSync Repos

Edited by Cross

Hi Commander1985 - My group has been testing a BE warfare port for your fine map. While bridge pathfinding is generally superb, here are some observations for you:

- the bridge north of stockholm running west to east - vehicles do not like this bridge and generally drive up to the water beside it and stop. they will remain there for the rest of the session unless forced to respawn. infantry are not affected and perform normally.

- western bridge at villa bacho - infantry, especially moving north to south, will not all use the bridge and instead take a dip in the river. vehicles seem to use the bridge normally.

- tracked vehicles - sometimes they seem to be unaware of their limits when it comes to traversing steep hills and get stuck still trying to get up them. this is minimized by using smaller distnces between waypoints. wheeled vehicles are generally unaffected by this and will pretty much get to where you want them to be no matter how far away it is. Hope you find this useful!

Thank you this is very much appreciated. Maybe i can fix something of this before i update :) In fact im looking at this spots in the editor right now^^

Edit:

- tracked vehicles - sometimes they seem to be unaware of their limits when it comes to traversing steep hills and get stuck still trying to get up them. this is minimized by using smaller distnces between waypoints. wheeled vehicles are generally unaffected by this and will pretty much get to where you want them to be no matter how far away it is. Hope you find this useful!

Dont know if i can fix this, i would say this is an AI pathfinding problem in some way. Only way that comes to mind to fix the issue with tracked vehicles would be to make hills less steepy or put some rocks in their way which i really wont like to do since its very difficult to alter the heightmap now...

Edited by Commander1985

Nah, that would change the character of your map not to mention all the extra work. Like panthera....tanks may rule the roads and lowlands but infantry are king of the hill!

Version 1.1 of Ovaron is released. Look at the end of the first post about changes and download link.

Have Fun

Commander

Thx for the new version! :cool:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

5648045.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=islands&game=1&id=122][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/5648045.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=122]DOWNLOAD - Ovaron map (v.1.1) - [96 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

gutm@sher

Hi Commander1985 - My group has been testing a BE warfare port for your fine map.
can you upload the port???

Hi Commander1985

Thx for the update, downloading now. Will revert with some feedback once I have the chance to test it.

Keep up the great work you do.

kind regards

http://urbantaskforce.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item45

Above is a link to download be warfare 2.060@ACE. The mission has not been updated with ovaron 1.1 so the hangars will be placed wrong. Also note that logics requiring cba, ace stuff AND acex pla are active. I dont know when I'll get around to updating it for ovaron 1.1 and warfare 2.061 so please feel free! Takistanis might invade?

I didnt port warfare vanilla to ovaron, sorry. but the mission.sqm is there so it can be done fairly easily. i'm not doing any porting right now, but may pick it up again in a week or so. If its not already done by someone else by then, I'll do that first.

This seems to create some problems with ACE in OA. I had to remove my islands 1 by 1 until I figured out it was this one :(

Im sorry to hear that. I already worked on the next version using some hints from snake man. Hopefully that Problem will be fixed with it. However i have a lot of work to do at the moment so i cant tell you when to expect a new version.

Greetz

Commander

Well I ported a Combined Operations warfare mission over to Ovaron tonight but ran into some problems trying to play test on a dedi server. Playtesting on my PC it worked fine.

Anyone else had any trouble loading this map on a server for combined operations?

And fwiw there will be a public release of the port once the wrinkles are ironed out in testing.