Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Just out of interest - as far as i can see the GAL has been BLUFOR so far and the RACS has been RESISTANCE (green)

now the ARL are OPFOR and the drug dealers are RESISTANCE as well so how is it possible to carry out joint ops with the

government troops and RCAS against the rebels and drug lords ??

so therefore it would be useful to have the drug lords included in the opfor as well and the RCAS in the blufor as well so for example

UN operations that are neutral or black ops operations where both sides hunt you whilst hunting each other??

possibly even having the ARL and GAL selectable in all 3 factions so that the us army can com in and support the rebels to get rid of the dictatore el presidente.

This will help to give the mission designer a free hand in what he creates and therefore the game wont limit his imagination and creativity :bb:

i hope i explained this properly

please share your thoughts i hope im not the only one this crazy :391:

Edited by short_German

The drug dudes were on opfor in the previous units I thought? So maybe they'll be there again.

Also Icebreaker here is another bug well i'm not sure if its a bug or a bit of crafty placement - Grid Ref 039014 here is a screen shot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37604578/arma2oa%202012-04-14%2000-22-59-881.jpg >100KB

That's just normal example of corruption of state officials by the building company ;-) Perfectly sound for such a place as Lingor!

yep thats the idea to have an intervention by different units and maybe even the option that the russians support the GAL

While I'm waiting patiently for the new units to be available, I'd like to ask for a list of units and group names, please, when they come out. -We can always get unit names via the mission.sqm file, I know, but it's harder to get group names.

Hopeful!

"Drugdudes" are on EAST/OPFOR side as before.

Lucky44: Class list will be supplied with the addon.

Flax: stuff is great, I've checked it out. Sadly, you'll need to change one small area (research bases up on north), will that be a problem? No changes after that, I promise.

Lightspeed: that port is not used anymore and its crane will be dismantled, but concrete blocks will stay.

Building in Calamar will be fixed after loads of complains by residents that bought the apartments...

Don't worry about changes after the amount of work you've done its nothing, will look into the area now, any specific problems with it?

Edited by Flax
Spelling Mistake

Flax, nope - just that I changed that area a bit. GAL Army had to upgrade its facility there, as offensive on rebel-held San Arulco is approaching.

J-Guid found an "evil bridge bug", I couldn't believe it so I took a camera and made a video myself ;)

Who needs IEDs anyway ;)

Any clues how to fix that? :]

That's brilliant Icebreakr, could changing the way the roads intersect help? It seems to be a bit like the dock piece from BIS where you jump around a bit.

That's weird - the motorbike & the truck seem to have no problem, just the ATV (?).

OTOH a little while ago trying one of Kremator's ports of ZK_Battlezone I found a bridge where Strykers would flip up (though not nearly as high as that ATV). Tanks (M1A1, Bradleys, Warriors), trucks & Humvees didn't seem to have any problem. Maybe it's related to something in the vehicle model?

I'll see if I can remember where it happened if you think it might help.

@Orcinus no mate, its bridge issue, Ice informed about this, I think he apply fix for this in 1.339 ver

This is a "normal" Problem. It appears at the Brigde in the northeast of Chernogorsk and on some other BIS bridges ,too.

The Bridge between Cherno and Electro at 082/122 is the only bridge i know which hasnt that problem. Additional this Bug can be used as test for Problem with Addon Cars. In most cases the Bridges which have this problem with the ATV have problems with addon vehicles too.

Some times the vehicles start to flip or make a short jump or they stuck in the bridge.

I suggest to compare the Model of your bridge with the model of the bridge at 082/122

Sandy beaches Icebreakr for the next update.......sandy beaches please - just at the resorts - not everywhere.

i must admit that would lead to a great tropical holiday feeling wit a few explosions and beach landings it would fit in very nicely with the new lingor look which after a few doubts at the beginning i really love now. Well don again ice excellent work

Ice, could you maybe change the civ-configs so there are no more russian civs spawning??

Good point fruit_rudy but on my game non of the standard modules seem to spawn any civilians only the standard vehicles it would be great if the civilians would actualy be lingor civis could drive and maybe even speak english i know with ace you get translators that speak all languages

i got a modified module, but similar to duala, ice made also russian civs available, i think it was because of the women :) ..for me it works, mixed russians and lingor guys. Not really traffic, but the drive around, enter cars and stuff. But russians really don't fit, plz ICE , think about that.

i can send you a sample mission with that module. It's good, done by Wolffy? i guess..Civs are not that smart=better performance, civs only spawn when you get close to a town=better performance, civs despawn if you leave town= better performance. I only use that module on every island, and it automatically spawns civ, that are declared by island creator, but in duala's and lingors case, also russians..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Fruity_Rudy, just wait ;) We have some ideas about modules and population ;)

that sounds sick because i can never get the civilians nor the ambient combat to work the way i want it to especially in takistan and zagrabad i don't really want insurgents to have tanks planes ect just infantry and a few technicals.

cant wait to see what people com up wit i just seem to be to stupid to get it to work :( :depressed:

short_German

Try find a Wolfy.au's Civ improve module SILVIA+ALICE2

that sounds sick because i can never get the civilians nor the ambient combat to work the way i want it to especially in takistan and zagrabad i don't really want insurgents to have tanks planes ect just infantry and a few technicals.

cant wait to see what people com up wit i just seem to be to stupid to get it to work :( :depressed:

You can also use DAC to spawn civilians. DAC will handle reduction automatically (they don't 'despawn', DAC kind of puts them in storage when the player(s) are a user-defined distance away). A zone will also spawn vehicles - cars, trucks, buses, bikes - which the civs will then drive around, getting in the way of & running over you & your troops (dontcha just love AI drivers? ... not).

One 'camp' - could be just a flagpole & a couple of sandbags, say - will let you set up multiple spawn/waypoint zones. Use the DAC_config_units to spawn whatever you desire in terms of civ units - you can mix'n'match to have locals and tourists both generated by a single camp, with a different mix in different zones (e.g., lots of tourists near the beaches).

I long ago gave up using DAC to handle civilians. Civilians in vehicles are OK, but civilian pedestrians all walk around for only a minute of two before ending up permanently standing or kneeling.

i have tryed the other moduls and they dont seem to work that well either especially not if the acm modul is present also i have tryed to use the DAC before but gave up im simply not very good with by my standards more advanced editing :(