Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Crocs are working only in water, so don't use them outside when handplacing them.

Crocs are working only in water, so don't use them outside when handplacing them.

I just had a quick bash at my Flashpoint port with the new island & forgot the batch file loaded a version of COSLX I've been hacking. Quite amusing to see a croc 'surface' in a road, even funnier when I shot it and it started screaming, & shouting "Wounded!. Somebody help me!". I'll have to research if it's possible to exclude animals from SLX.

The crocs are a great addition, thanks IceBreakr & Charon.

Due to several bugs found (I seriously need to reconsider putting together a new beta testing team) I will release a hotfix + fresh update this week :/

Units are coming, too.

Edit: docks in Maruko fixed.

Edited by IceBreakr

trees - bushes on road: 058/042 020/044

was one more but forgot to write down. will recheck that soon.

greetz

themaster303: thank you, our communal service workers already cut down that shit with machetes ;)

They are shrubs on the road before the Motodrom rapido :0190/043 and on this circuit in most corners there is grass on the track.

it's really a very good update, I ride on your map with my 4x4.

I love you discover new areas and I love your tracks for 4x4

Glad you like it Ei8ght. It will be even better with new units pack ;)

lingor_racing.jpg

lingor_racing2.jpg

Topspeed: 175kmh.

Aah hahah, that's great!! 175 aye? Good work, we need speed :)

Superb news on trucks !

Exactly what we need. Vehicles are too slow generally.

Keep up the good work. I'm still exploring the new Lingor. It's beautiful!

@Icebreakr

question:

did you photoshop these pictures or mworked on them?

or is it just the ingame filters?

cause I like this color/effects, and I dunno how to have this while playing the game.

I just use the color/effects module of the game, but nothing similar to that.

can you tell me what you used to have this effect/colors?

thanks

Glad you like it Ei8ght. It will be even better with new units pack ;)

iceBreakr - just 1 quick question about the new units...are you keeping the same class names so that missions that were previously developed using the "old" units from 1.3 still work once we install these new units?

Edited by BigShot

iceBreakr - just 1 quick question about the new units...will missions that were previously developed using the "old" units from 1.3 still work once we install these new units?

I think Wolle tried with the beta version that IB sent him and all was OK with his old missions.

I used module F7 filter day i think, plus effects. Then tilt-shifted the shot in PS.

Units are backwards compatible, yes. Plus extra stuff.

In next two days I will need your bugreports so I can release full pack. So far fixed:

- docks & crane Maruko

- roadveg removal Corazon SW

- roadveg removal Racetrack

Edited by IceBreakr

hey ice at the civilian terminal at maruko airport the guard house where you turn into the car-park in front of terminal thers a fence post in the guard house.

also just a suggestion but i think if some places were only accessible via dirt tracks and if bits of impenetrable thick jungle would separate the populated areas out a bit more and remove one or two river crossings to create more strategic bottlenecks.

p.s. ice if you need me to test anything on the island specifically pm me the grid and ill search it house by house

Edited by short_German

Well it's just like in the real world - less forest, more urban areas. :)

Yes, maybe the original Jungle feeling is gone mostly by now. And yes, maybe it's indeed a bit 'overpopulated' now too. But I wouldn't say it's really a bad thing. Maybe his next terrain is 'Ia Drang Reloaded' :cool:

maybe it is but im thinking about trying to get a balance of urban and jungle areas with more remote arias and villages with no road connection in the south to keep the feeling of an LEDC but one that is changing and is improving maybe with an evolving democracy. ether way i dont think that its bad that the country is evolving but its in my opinion not the greatest thing to have the jungle disappear the only properly remote region that still exists is in the north between the prison and the capital in my opinion some areas like this in the se would be great for guerillas to hide and fore jungle raids.

Edited by short_German

short_German: I guess you're not around here for a long time. Any drastic changes are not an option since the map is out since June 2010. I recommend Tigeria if you want less populated jungle map. I'll keep in my mind that you want "less-townish" maps for my next project.

p.s. I've added new river passes in v1.3 couple of months ago on *players* requests, so I can't please everyone!

Edited by IceBreakr

I think it's good that the terrain has followed almost reality

With more urbanisation inevitably comes less jungle , I imagine one day there will be only houses ( arma 5 lol ) .

Or depending on what the people decide there economy will be maybe more farms or factories I guess :) .

Still exploring and still impressed .

more jungle = more lag right?

well, you can still get rid of buildings (hint,hint) ;)

Slatts: Dingor (desert version) is still WIP =)

thx a lot fore your consideration ice i appreciate it and i have alredy played on tigueria it is a great map but i personally prefer lingor and you are right i havent been around long at all i only recently decided to report for duty with bi forums because i wanted to get more involved as my interest in the games multiplayer side increased ether way im begining to like it more as i explore.

if you want any reserch don fore your future projects ill be happy to help in any way i can.

p.s. we wouldnt want it to lag like hell and take 30 minuts to load like the unsung mod maps :) which are great jungle environments but not playable with my pc

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. ICE the dirt road at grid 059040 (by checkpoint sur leading up tho the hill) has plants on it

and fence post in guard house at maruku int airport civilian terminal

also ambient civilians dont seem to be spawning anywhere as the youst to on the old version.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more bug reports to follow (if i find any more)

and if you have time how many reserch labs are there ?? i found 2 so far

and will the acm module complye with lingor units because i want to create a living ao with functioning acm module

where enemys and frendlys will sawn in different areas so you can operate behind enemy lines in an MSO type operation where there are frontlines ect my idea is complex and i have no idea how to do it so i dont want to bore anybody if anyone is however interested tell me and we can go from there.

Edited by short_German

Here is some locations for you Ice, grids and problems.

08160684 - Where the two roads join the AI bunch up or drive off the bridge, doesn't make a difference if in a group or a single.

07040672 - Same As Above

More coming up.

EDIT -

08150720 - Buildings inner door is not enter-able you get stuck, could be a model error.

07050703 - The 2 Runway landing assist light either side of the road obstruct the AI from driving depending on which vehicle.

Edited by Flax
More bugs found.

Do you guys read files supplied with the addon?

1. New grass is 16% faster than the old one.

2. Units are not included, since only Lite is released. Units coming probably this week.

Ice, massive bug mate....

The Nudo bar has no....Nudos ;)

Great island mate, thanks for the hard work, just trying to find my way around it!

Is there an island intro cutscene for the menu screen?