Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

@shinkicker:

Are you distinguishing Mission, and Map (island) ?

Porting a Mission to an Island should only be a concern for the author of the original Mission.

Editing an Island and redistributing it, that should be a concern for the Island author.

Edited by Sickboy

@shinkicker:

Are you distinguishing Mission, and Map (island) ?

Porting a Mission to an Island should only be a concern for the author of the original Mission.

Editing an Island and redistributing it, that should be a concern for the Island author.

Rocket, the mission author has already said he is ok with it. If not, then I personally will stop.

I agree. Unless they give consent, then what is the issue?

I didn't allow anyone editing any of my maps. If someone wants something to change they can report it to me and I'll see what I can do about it.

IceBreakr just wanted to say what an excellent job you have done with Lingor.

We are late comers to this map, we have been testing out the island with our version of Insurgency and we have been loving the different heights of terrain and all the effort you have put in.

A very very minor note, I noticed that in Calamar power station, one of the transformation stations (to the west of the building) appeared to be sunk into the ground, I wasn't sure if this was intentional, just thought I would mention it. The other issue I've noticed, not your fault and it's probably been mentioned before that one of the house types (wooden with green) have a narrow front door which is a bit of pain, always makes me think I'm too fat to get in it. ;-)

Tnx totalboffin.

I've recieved helped with that "2fat4door" issue, with new fixed objects. That will be incorporated soon. It helps if you crawl or jump through ;)

Just wanted to say this updated Island is really a crafted piece of art and Im loving the Lingor cops as well. Ill be sending another donation very soon as appreciation :)

Also, just curious where I find the weapon classnames such as the Glock?

Icebreakr, I forgot I was going to report a bunch of buildings that seem to have windows that block bullets. When I return to the game I will try and remember to find that location and give you cords so you can check things out. I think it was on the little brown square hut type buildings that have a big window on two sides. Again though, if I remember I will test and report the position to you.

froggyluv: try looking at A2OA official list here.

Delta99: don't bother, I'm not a building maker, merely a user -> add ticket to BIS dev-heaven tracker.

Well, Maruko and Sargento. Dunno about others, forgot... I think there is no way to taxi for AI on others. Try out the commands?

I did a little test and it looks like landAt 0 is Maruko and 1 is Calamar, any other numbers don't seem to register with the AI. not sure if this is something that could be added for the next release, just it's very useful for guiding AI planes to land with ;-)

Since this most recent update have people noticed certain models have failed to load in the mission editor?

Specifically fuelstation_army.p3d

Edited by Pd3

They don't have ibr_plants.pbo active, I guess. Sixupdater users? They should enable the correct folder mods.

froggyluv: try looking at A2OA official list here.

Delta99: don't bother, I'm not a building maker, merely a user -> add ticket to BIS dev-heaven tracker.

Ah, are these likely from MGD_Buildings2 or whatever it is called?

For IceBreakr : After spending more time in Lingor, just a quick bug report for the town of Benio. The factory (building Land_Tovarna2) is slightly too low in the ground so the floor and the ground flicker back and forth.

Edit: Another odd quirk (easter egg?) perhaps there is a OA office building in one of the rivers at 062 045 to the South East of Corazon?

Edited by totalboffin

hey ice the more i look around lingor the more i like it i have been trying to make a drug running mission for me and some friends and was having a look around the island with the MAULE M7 and fount that there are a lot of smaller clandestine landing strips that don't stick out to much and that are not marked on the map but they are all just about big enough to land the M7 and to take off again were these places designed for that ?? Or just empty space for life mods to place their buildings ??

Ei8ght: great template. We used it yesterday for our MP COOP operation, all went smoothly.

short_German: yeah, i've put several clearing in order for AN-2 or M7 Maule to land and take off ;) one is in San Arulco and other is in the center of the map, that heavily vegetated island.

Be advised that if you use Lingor/Dingor with new Duala 1.97, the latest Duala release features a newer ibr_plants file with couple of additional objects. So be careful, Duala needs this new file. New file should cause no errors on Lingor/Dingor though.

I'm working on a "pull over" script for a police mission.

The players chase civil cars with a police Panhard and when they are close, use the action menu "Pull over" and it do lot of things, but I want use the siren too.

This car is driven by a player (not AI) so action ["useWeapon"] cannot work.

I guess siren is in the MOD by any names. Could you please tell me the name of the sound of siren?

I want use: policecar say "ibr_siren" (or something else, what is the name of siren sound).