Sign in to follow this  
loyalguard

CEG - Chernarus Electrical Grid (Script Pack and Addon)

My goal for the new project will be for it to be easily compatible with any island with the proper electrical infrastructure. I figured a single addon/script pack that worked with several islands would be easier for players, mission makers, and server admins than separate addons/scripts for each island. I will strive to maintain backwards compatibility with A2-only content as well as offer both script pack and addon versions. Chernarus may remain separate, be incorporated into the new version, or be available in both depending on how the roadmap evolves. The next step is to analyze other islands (first priority are OA islands) and find the best way to go about making functional electrical grids for them...stay tuned...but in the meantime please let me know if you have any feedback on CEG v.1.1!

WOW! As it stands - what you've done for Chernarus is nothing short of phenomonal.

Great job LG. Nice to see you around and kicking

@SiC-Disaster - NO, CEG itself does not as it uses position data only for Chernarus. If it is installed and an island other than Chernarus loads it automatically aborts to avoid errors.

I am working on a version that can be easily adapted for custom islands but I have no promises on a release schedule as of right now.

On a related note, after some exploring on A2OA maps, I am not sure if a Takistan or Zargabad version is possible as the current simulation is modeled. There are no power plants, transformer substations, or other such obvious objects on either island. I am looking at some alternative simulation models (like the transmission towers, which in the past I ignored because of the large number, but might be workable in OA.) but I am unsure where it will lead. If I make any progress I will let everyone know.

Thanks for the reply loyalguard :)

I was wondering, i'm making a zombie mission on FDF Podagorsk and it could have been an interesting side objective for the players.

With the powergrid off and day fading into night, having limited to no NVG's or flashlights, it could have been a positive advantage for players to turn the power back on, getting working street lights etc so they have a better situational awareness. Ofcourse the powerstation would be filled with zombies ^^

But i guess that isnt happening now, no biggie.

Link to Visual Guide is dead. Please include it with addon as standard. Thanks.

Thanks for your interest! I have updated the link. I originally did not include the guide with the addon because of its size (2.35 Mb).

If you were not aware, I have transitioned development from CEG to AEG - ArmA Electrical Grids which is compatible with A2, OA, and CO and includes support for Chernarus, Utes, Takistan, and Zaragabad (with more on the way...). I recommend using AEG over CEG because it is more supportable and optimized since CEG. AEG does not have a separate visual guide, rather the guide is included in the demo mission briefings (to include Chernarus) so you can click on the map, see where a component it, and get an overview photo and description. I encourage you to check it out!