Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

Would it be possible to submit an addon pack to get modified to the ACE ballistics,so its 100% compatible?I'd like to have all the tanks with the round to target animations and ballistics drop.The range finder works ,but the translation to the round ballistics doesn't.I'd like to see ALL 3rd party tanks able to do what ACE does.How can we(those of us who aren't "config" savy) accomplish this?? I don't want to add to the heavy work load on the ace dev's ,but it seems a shame not to have such a great feature on all the armor that's been built by other addon makers.If its a matter of volunteering addons ,then I'm volunteering :)

ps...for some strange reason the mg's work as they should.why not the tanks main gun?

All it needs is a bunch of config properties that match the tank's official stats (for as far as you find these).

This can either be done in the original addon, or by simple override addon.

Written for config whiz though, please see the notes of http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Armor_Damage_System

Here's some discussion about it too: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94679&highlight=ACE+armor

Maybe there are people willing to help or interest by the addon makers themselves?

Good example was the RobertHammer weapon packs, with added ACE features. http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Features_for_3rd_Party_Addons_RH_Weapons

Edited by Sickboy

found a bug:

earplugs don´t work everyone who fires bigger guns got a big tinnitus and loose audition even with earplugs...:confused:

Have you selected earplugs from the action menu too? If you don't have an option, even with earplugs in your gear selection, you probably need to edit your ace_clientside_config.hpp

i think after the last two updates ACE has started to make my game crash when someone is shot or is about to be shot. i think it might be a blood problem or something but i do run other mods with it that have been fine up until now and also the problem stopped when i removed ace from my used addons. any suggestions?

Tried it when only running ACE? Sounds like a conflict of some sort.

After playing much the mod in SP, I have noticed that many times if not everytime, player cant move or give commands when you have loaded a savegame when player had been heavily injured (screen is black and you can only see passing small clips of surrouding world). The bug requires to restart the whole mission.

Also the medic dosent seem to heal properly some wounds. Does he need medicines to do some of those medical operations? It feels realistic but in SP the medic can be stuck in loop when trying to heal soldiers even he cant do it.

And also, if the group dosent have a medic then there can be group members that you cant heal yourself even with medicines. At the same time the rest of the group is stuck near the half dead men and refuses to follow the leader anymore. There is no other solution then but to kill the badly wounded men.

And for last bad experience the AI group members are way too bad to hit anything. Almost my whole group spend their all ammo for about 3 enemies that were about 300m away hiding in vegetation.

These 4 things are currently affecting bad on the singleplayer experience in otherwise great mod.

Edited by SaOk

i think after the last two updates ACE has started to make my game crash when someone is shot or is about to be shot. i think it might be a blood problem or something but i do run other mods with it that have been fine up until now and also the problem stopped when i removed ace from my used addons. any suggestions?

Pedagne mod (Italian forces) isn't currently compatible with ACE and tends to crash related to incompatible damage models. That was released pretty recently, so might be worth a try removing it if you use that particular mod.

Please try with just ACE to compare results, and report the problem with logs and details on tracker: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting
Thanks for new version Sickboy, mirror on german news-site :smile_o:

ArmA2Base.de Mirror updated:

Kind regards

Miller

Thank you! Added: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_1

Everyone feel free to add your mirrors if you like though!

After playing much the mod in SP, I have noticed that many times if not everytime, player cant move or give commands when you have loaded a savegame when player had been heavily injured (screen is black and you can only see passing small clips of surrouding world). The bug requires to restart the whole mission.

Also the medic dosent seem to heal properly some wounds. Does he need medicines to do some of those medical operations? It feels realistic but in SP the medic can be stuck in loop when trying to heal soldiers even he cant do it.

And also, if the group hasnt a medic then there can be group members that you cant heal yourself even with medicines. At the same time the rest of the group stuck near the half dead men and refuses to follow the leader anymore. There is no other solution then but to kill the badly wounded men.

And for last bad experience the AI group members are way too bad to hit anything. Almost my whole group spend their all ammo for about 3 enemies that were about 300m away hiding in vegetation.

These 4 things are currently affecting bad on the singleplayer experience in otherwise great mod.

For the reported issues, please create a bug report: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Regarding the AI Accuracy and Skill, please review the howto of: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/AI_Improvements

Basically you have control on multi-levels as to how accurate/skilled the AI is.

ite thanks yeah it was clashing with pedagne mod. thanks for the help. :)

@ daniel

ok i see no earplug option, what do i have to edit in config i can´t see any line that deals with an earplug option...???

may you have the right line for me? ; )

greetings

when player had been heavily injured (screen is black and you can only see passing small clips of surrouding world). The bug requires to restart the whole mission.

That happens to me a lot when my tank gets hit. You are fading in and out of consciousness and the effect will eventually wear off. If you don't want to wait, then restart the mission.

@Andersson : thanks for the tip but I don't have Yomas YAS installed, just Six Updater. Do you know if there's any way using Six?

Also, last night encountered the incredibly annoying "wounding when firing light machine gun" (PKM in this case).

IIRC this bug is ages old. Wasn't it fixed? i.e. hasn't it crept back in (like sneaky insurgent).

So should I bother reporting it over at Dev Heaven?

Edited by domokun

@Andersson : thanks for the tip but I don't have Yomas YAS installed, just Six Updater. Do you know if there's any way using Six?

Answered already at page 7 :)

Last night I installed the latest beta patch (70100) and updated ACE 2 to v1.1 using Six Updated. On loading ACE 2 I encountered the following error message:

Hoping it wasn't serious I began enjoying ACE, however about 15 mins later the game crashed.

To be certain that this wasn't related to the new beta, I then played for 2 hours straight without the slightest of problems.

I checked Six Updater several times and it never detected a problem.

Any ideas?

Six Updater doesn't verify your mod-folders unless there's a new version, or you specifically tell it to.

As it generally is a lengthy process.

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Usage#Reset%20'skip'%20status

Maybe I should by default alert on missing files though, that be real quick :)

@ daniel

ok i see no earplug option, what do i have to edit in config i can´t see any line that deals with an earplug option...???

greetings

Ok, go to ArmA 2 > userconfig > ACE > ace_clientside_config.hpp

Where it says "class Identity" near the bottom, change the name to your chosen in-game name, and save.

You should now also be able to use gas masks and other features.

Any idea how to get rid of the tags when veiwing from player unit or using camera.sqs ?

arma22010-05-0422-38-08-44.jpg

@ daniel

greetings

Check the WAGN.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Any idea how to get rid of the tags when veiwing from player unit or using camera.sqs ?

Been discussed but I can't remember. It's in the last stable versions release thread.

Thanks, but I can't find a working link to the release notes here..anyone else have this ?

What you call "Tags" is the Identification.

Look in the userconfig, you can chose from 3 different modes.

-Constant

-MouseWheel activated

-SpaceBar activated

Hope i could help.

cya

What you call "Tags" is the Identification.

Look in the userconfig, you can chose from 3 different modes.

-Constant

-MouseWheel activated

-SpaceBar activated

Hope i could help.

cya

Thanks ! worked great!

spetz1: Did you test what i wrote in your other thread?

X:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

Open that file with notepad and scroll down to almost bottom where you find this:

class ACE_RECOGNITION {

Scanning_Method = 2; //COMMENT: 2 - Constant / 1 - MouseWheel / 0 - SpaceBar

};

2=constant show (original setting), 1=mousewheel to show, 0=spacebar to show.

So option 0 or 1 should be what your looking for. Test and see.

The detonation sounds for the Cobra's 20mm rounds seem far too loud. The regular ACE_SM cannon sounds are great whether up close or at a distance, but the small explosion/round hitting dirt sound of the AH-1z sounds like it is right in your face even when the impacts are hundreds of meters distant. If you're going to give the Cobra such a meek sound, it should fade quickly, and the gun itself should be heard more.