Sign in to follow this  
superrat

scar's sa6 port to ARMA2

Aha. For some reason my pbo was named "3LB_SA6.pbo(2)". fixed it now. :)

Haven't seen any fire control radar units. I wonder if the SA6 turret could be replaced with the carrier rotating radar "turret"? If so then it would work for a baseline vehicle.

there are russian crews in the CDF SA-6. when you disembark or tell your other crewmember to get out, you see russian crewmen, not CDF. GUE one worked though

make sure that u delete old file before installing new one the newest one is dated 3-23-11 i know i used mostly russian crew except one open and change or just wait till i do final update to it THIS WAS TESTED WITH ARMA2 + OA COMBINED with rest of ADDONS DISABLED i did not have any issue if u have issues like 3LB_SA6.pbo(2) just delete (2) that the result of u having 2 same files with same name automaticlly one will be renamed as (2)

Edited by SuperRat

Cool! If this was ported to Arma2, I wonder if the same interface between the AH-6X and AH-64D could be exploited so that a player could remote pilot the FCR vehicle, designate a target and then command the SA-6 to fire while in that interface. The readme for the FCR states that it has an IR camera and laser designator.

Darkhorse, thanks for the link to the radar!

According to the readme the original author has granted full rights for use. SO... I think we can get this working. I cracked open the PBO and took a look at the contents. It uses a config.cpp file, but from reading the wiki this should all be migrated into a .BIN file, no? I tried updating the data to use Arma2 data. It appears the config file doesn't properly inherit the turret information which means I'll have to redo the config file from scratch and just make it inherit from the SA6 config.

The model is based on the ZSU, but it makes more sense to me to base it off of this SA6 model, and build the radar vehicle by replacing the SA6 turret with the radar "turret" model.

Based on my limited understanding of the model scripting process, the radar turret configuration should be similar to that of the default tank configuration, where the commander turret is a "child" of the main gunner turret. I still need to read in the wiki as to how to modify inherited configs. So would the use of the laser be a simple matter of replacing the SA6 weapon with the laser? Or is there something more to that?

I love the idea of making this a ground-based ULB. I'm not sure how best to go about this but if I can get the model to load up properly then that would be a great next step!

Edited by hcpookie

i have a simple question related to AA and planes.

don't you think that in arma2:OA the flares system is too much overpowered?

with SA6 i have to fire all 3 (at least 2) missiles to shot down a plane.

Is it normal or not?

well sorta.....

Not every AA missile fired strikes a plane.....

The Iraqis fired over 600 SA-2s the first night of Desert Storm and only a handful of aircraft were shot down or dammaged

________FINAL REALESE OF SA6__________

Authors: Scar original ,SuperRat,ANZACSAS Steve,This is Bosnia

Update: by ANZACSAS Steve

* new smoke trail ,it mimics smoke trail for some time after missle was fired

* new sound when missle is fired

* ammo tweaks for better reality and performance

* ammo tweaked to attack faster planes and also on higher altitude

* Steve added BI ZU23 cannon with ammo tweaks to attack faster planes on higher altitude and it has cool visible tracers on higher alt. with bursts not bullets following in line for all 3 sides

* noob set up for download ,singleplayer and mulitiplayer mission

* i and this is bosnia added bit more mud and its signed now ,however i did not test it on muliplayer

THIS WAS TESTED IN SINGLEPLAYER ARMA2+OA COMB. WITH ALL

ADDONS DISABLED NO ISSUES

LINK:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J33Q8036

Thanks a lot!!! Downloading immediately.

Edited by DiFool

well sorta.....

Not every AA missile fired strikes a plane.....

The Iraqis fired over 600 SA-2s the first night of Desert Storm and only a handful of aircraft were shot down or dammaged

Well, can't really compare a SA-2 to a SA-6. A high-altitude, low-agility missile designed to shoot down big bomb planes, and a medium-altitude, far more agile missile designed to shoot down attack and fighter planes, not to mention the 13 year gap between entering service for the two of them.

But I can't dispute that not even SA-6s hit their target. Far more so against small targets than SA-2s though :cool:

Edited by Inkompetent

I am sure there is already a Straight Flush Radar model in the Iraqi Army pack, if not the Iraq pack then something similar, came out about 3-6 months ago. This is the radar you need to pair with the SA-6.

Essentially you need to have 4 of your SA-6 launcher models against a single Straight Flush Radar to make a battery. They are data linked together spread over about a 1 km area. The Radar tracks the target and the launcher launches the missile into the Radars guidance beam.

If you are going to update this model, stick a large radar housing on the front, make it do all functions itself and call it SA-11 "Gadfly", now thats a nasty long range stand alone system.

Your bringing balance back, Long Range Air Defence is sadly lacking in Arma !

hcpookie - First, if you wish to release an addon, create a new thread for it. Do not hijack someone else's. Second, before you create your new thread ensure that you have permission from the author of the original ArmA version to release your port. Do not post it here if you do not have permission.

If you need to discuss this with me, please send me a PM, as this thread is not the place to do it. Thanks.

Using this in our Mission Support System and its a great thing to see these coming off the ground and be able to see the smoke trails. The test pilots love these missiles!

Hi all,

first i wish all a happy new year!

Problem with the SA6. At the Start of ArmA OA i become the Error-Message, "3LB_SA6 requires addon CAWeapons3".

Where i become the CAWeapons3.pbo?

Thanks

schukow

Edited by schukow

You need Combined Operations. You could use ArmA 2: Free as a CO Lite.

b00ce, i have found in ArmA 1. I use ArmA OA and ArmA 2 (ArmA CO).

greetings

schukow