Sign in to follow this  
EMERY

Generation kill mod

Come on emery you should be able to react better then that. If you post up pictures of WIP your going to have to get used to taking constructive criticism less to heart. Lets face it MOPP gear is massively baggy compared to a normal set of cams. zachanscom made a legitimate point, your units do need to be a lot baggier to properly represent the characters from the show.

All though the comment about them being just reskins is harshly honest it is correct. Turn off the diffuse on that unit and lets face it, its the same old unit except with a hood on it, the silhouette it casts just doesn't match up to a proper mopp suit.

If you have the MLODs it should be relatively easy to push the points around and make them appear baggier. The normal map appears to be rather sharp as well, if you toned it down it would give the impression of the material being a lot thicker. The units look great but they can be taken a little bit further.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here because i know how fiercely people can defend there work but some of the best constructive criticism I have ever received has been the harshest, just need to step back some times and look at your work and think is he right? and yes that can be one of the hardest things to do when you have worked on something for so long and are quite proud of it.

Anyway I hope you take this post the right way and I hope it can be helpful.

-sX

The units are made by me not Emery, and I agree with the point you make.

But I'm still very new to modelling and making normal maps etc. I'm learning everyday I start up O2 or PS. And also learned a lot by making these units.

You are able to make completely new models and textures I'm not(not quite yet atleast:rolleyes:) so this would be a piece of cake for you.

So please take that in consideration..

And for now I think the units will do.:p

I have a question

On the city map will there be ditches and hills? or is it just a flat area without diffrent heights?

I mean it looks ok so far but there is almost no landscape cover possible without ditches and stuff.

yep i will put lost of cover in, i just finished putting in piles of rubbish and made roadblock's out of rubbish piles and we will make ditches to hide in the side of some roads :)

Aside from the screenshots. I think your units look alot better ingame man

Aside from the screenshots. I think your units look alot better ingame man

same here..for many of us like me..we do this only for fun n on our free time! which many like me dont have much of...and no worrys like the rest of us i completly see soldier_x's point! so on that note can we maby get some help form you buddy(soldier_x)?

Not the best screenshots. But whatever. Sorry they really aren't anything "special".

Take a look.

TVoWJ.jpg

TVrqS.jpg

TVtW0.jpg

TVwq9.jpg

TVyVi.jpg

MOPP suits looks lovely! However I must say that the shadow and highlight contrast on the journalist was beyond passable. Maybe that in a certain kind of lighting would show up like that, but in the lighting in the picture it looks *completely* off =/

I will instal my ArmAII only for that mod!!!

BTW you need to make Meesh fatter :p

they look fantastic!

probably been answered already, but are you going to re-do the objects on the map once OA is out? like an OA version..

Bagdad is good enough as it is...

but Bagdad with every building enterable...

they look fantastic!

probably been answered already, but are you going to re-do the objects on the map once OA is out? like an OA version..

Bagdad is good enough as it is...

but Bagdad with every building enterable...

as for the unit side of the mod..idk

but the map...is do-able no doubt:cool:

BTW you need to make Meesh fatter

Meesh, tell the nice modder that if he doesn't show me at least one more screenshot, he'll look very stupid and the other modders will laugh at him. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Looking real good, cant wait to get my hands on these.

I love the Idea for this mod!! I have been waiting for a decent iraq war simulator for years! I love every piece of this addon you men are doing excellent work!! I would like to recommend one thing about the baghdad map. I believe baghdad has a lot of palm groves which are always FUN for a fire fight against Saddams Fedahyeen. Also I think you guys should make parts of baghdad like modules, like right now you guys are making the cross sabers and tomb of unknown soldier maybe you can later on make baghdad part 2 which can be the palace district, and baghdad part 3 where the bridges cross the river and all the journalists stayed at palestine hotel and Firdos Square. Or baghdad part 4 where Saddam international airport is. And later when these parts of baghdad are completed you can maybe piece together the roads and make it one file as a much larger map of Baghdad. Just some ideas please KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

I believe baghdad has a lot of palm groves which are always FUN for a fire fight against Saddams Fedahyeen. Also I think you guys should make parts of baghdad like modules, like right now you guys are making the cross sabers and tomb of unknown soldier maybe you can later on make baghdad part 2 which can be the palace district, and baghdad part 3 where the bridges cross the river and all the journalists stayed at palestine hotel and Firdos Square. Or baghdad part 4 where Saddam international airport is.

I concur if it were to be possible would add another dynamic to an already impressive project.

@nitemare26

We are in the works of placing in palm trees man. :) No worries I've been on emery with palm trees but I think we will use the african foliage for the palms. probably the best way to go with right now.

@nitemare26

We are in the works of placing in palm trees man. :) No worries I've been on emery with palm trees but I think we will use the african foliage for the palms. probably the best way to go with right now.

yep im with you on that one

Looks like an awesome map already. Final product may be the 'Avgani' of Arma 2, congrats.:thumbs-up:

mh-youtube says "video is not available" here-any chance for a new link or upload?

Very nice guys, i imagine you looking to put a decent amount of debires and folidge between the empty spaces of the buildings?

Regards Jeza