Sign in to follow this  
_William

PlannedAssault web based mission builder

it is posible add RACS mod into this web? I love the Editor. So plz can you add more mods?

WIP update: landing zone hints and fast-roping

FYI, I'm currently working on map placeable landing zone hints, to offer more control over landing zones. These hints are optional (mission planning falls back to planner selected LZs if you don't provide hints).

There's probably no better way to test this feature than fast-roping heli insertions of infantry. I'm first targeting norrin's MP fast rope script addon for Arma2 first, and will have a look at fast rope for VBS2 later.

I don't have an ETA, but I have draggeable LZ icons working in my test environment.

@Choki: RACS is on the to do list. They have some really cool vehicles and camo schemes.

Fast-roping insertions, and (optional) hand-picking of air assault LZs

Now supported: fast-roping insertions and hand picking of LZs (one of the most requested features).

Fast-roping is a really cool feature (thanks to Norrin & DeanosBeano add-on, which is also used in ADuke's MH-60 pack). It's scary to do, and brings you to the action quicker (typically, you insert amidst the action, if you make it that far). As usual, PlannedAssault adds 'large scale' to it, enabling groups of helis to fast-rope together.

Hand-picking of LZs is enabled for all new and existing missions (for existing missions, you might have to disembark en reembark a unit for the hint icons to show up). Feel free to experiment with hint placement or not use the hints at all; it's both supported. Just be prepared to accept casualties if you pick the LZs : ).

See this post for more info.

_a2_large_scale_fastroping_insertion.jpg _a2_marines_being_fastroped_into_urban_terrain.jpg _a2_little_birds_landing_on_a_manually_picked_city_lz.jpg

As an aside: I'm a bit disappointed nobody extended Norrin's scripts to cover the helis Arma2:OA and other mods. The changes required seem fairly simple, defining rope hook-up points for helicopter types.

I'm aware the ACEX mod has fast-roping enabled for almost all their helicopters (and defined the rope hook-up points in their ace_sys_fastroping.dbo). However, ACEX lacks an AI script to direct the roping activity.

William

Very good job!!! I love it! I going to try it now

William, do you think it would be possible to add a respawn option in your missions or some way to continue as another soldier if you die ?

I know there's a revive script which does that but it's a pain in the back to implement every time for each mission.

Czech Armed Forces, and USN/USMC F/A-18F Super Hornets, heads-up on activities

Back from holiday (although the server never stopped crunching on your missions)!

New: all the add-ons I could find covering the Czech Armed Forces (air force L-159 ALCA, JAS-39 Gripen, Mi-35 Hind and Mi-17 Hip, and army woodland and improved desert units). In addition, I've added a couple of infantry squad equipped with the Czech large ('bergen') backpack.

_a2_czaf_l159a_alca_providing_cas.jpg _a2_acr_woodland_units.jpg _a2_navy_fa_18f_engaging_ground_target.jpg

The unit database also contains Meatball0311's US Navy and USMC F/A-18F Super Hornets.

I've fixed the problem with the fixed-wing CAS script failing when invoked by the AI on spotting threats in front of their defensive sector.

I'm working on several improvements simultaneously, and I'm not sure which end up being out first: more extensive VBS2 support, urban attacks, speed improvements (enabling larger missions) and figuring out what it takes to generate proper multi-player COOP missions (long-term).

William

Sounds promising future improvements !

Good work and thanks for all your efforts.

hey _William i love plannedassault its a very nice tool. but im having a problem with air assaults. so i make this mission where delta force on little bird platoon attack Nagara village but when landing the little birds sometimes crash with each other. but that doesn't really mattered actually. the problem is after the little birds inserted the delta force i didn't get the next task (attack) but instead i need to go to the "move" waypoint where the little birds go before and after inserting the delta force. and the disembark task isn't completed as well. after i get to the waypoint then i get the next task to attack. but the waypoint is like 2000m from the LZ so that really ruined the mission :391:

i think i found the problem

309628_273591249317932_100000011765072_1146471_7119599_n.jpg

so you see that the AI is actually following the waypoints and before you go to the "move" waypoint that i pointed (near phase line 1) you must go to the upper "move" waypoint first. then proceed to attack. so i think its not my game/computer thats causing the problem but the planner is.:confused: (no offense)

im using Arma 2 OA (without arma 2) and with official mods only nothing else.

version 1.59 (just updated)

plz help :(

Edited by Alvando
update

First of all, patch to 1.59.

(Never mind. i found the problem. see my first post.)

which i am going to do later because its going to take about 3-4 hours with my modem. but i don't think the version is causing the problem because plannedassault works with arma 2 oa version 1.52:confused:

Edited by Alvando
found the problem

figuring out what it takes to generate proper multi-player COOP missions (long-term).

William

Yes please :)

Drag a unit icon to one of the above positions to add or replace a unit.

left click, hold, and drag, right?

this is as far as i've ever gotten. i could never 'drag' any icon to the 'dotted boxed' on the right. I'm Simply unable to select the icons on the left. What could i possibly be doing wrong, or not grasping?

ANY Suggestions/Advice welcomed.

ps:

the one thing i just noticed is that the color of the 'icons' i see are cyan and not the 'deep blue' that i see here in pics and in the videos.

Could that be a hint of what my problem is? i still have no clue what i'm missing though.

Please Advise.

Edited by dondaddah

left click, hold, and drag, right?

this is as far as i've ever gotten. i could never 'drag' any icon to the 'dotted boxed' on the right. I'm Simply unable to select the icons on the left. What could i possibly be doing wrong, or not grasping?

ANY Suggestions/Advice welcomed.

ps:

the one thing i just noticed is that the color of the 'icons' i see are cyan and not the 'deep blue' that i see here in pics and in the videos.

Could that be a hint of what my problem is? i still have no clue what i'm missing though.

Please Advise.

no. in arma 2 oa cyan means czech/uk forces. blue means us. red means opfor

i think cyan means us allies

and about the drag thing, what browser are you using? because plannedassault doesnt support IE 6 and 7. i suggest you try plannedassault with another browser like mozilla firefox and see if that works:218:

I use Explorer.

I've never used another browser.

Which is the next best? ... FireFox? Chrome? Safari? Opera? Netscape?

(yes, i googled Browsers) :)

I use Explorer.

I've never used another browser.

Which is the next best? ... FireFox? Chrome? Safari? Opera? Netscape?

(yes, i googled Browsers) :)

try using firefox 5.0 and see if it works for you

BRDM-2s, OPFOR crew-served ATGMs, T-80 variants, FV432 Bulldog and RAAF F/A-18s

Here's some stuff that makes me love Arma and its community. Hcpookie not only created several BRDM-2 variants but also went the distance to add a C2 vehicle with observation mast and camouflaging options for parked vehicles. I've hacked a configuration offering this static vehicle, with matching net and raised observation mast. I don't think the vehicle is very effective in scanning and observing, and the way I initialize the vehicle doesn't stop the engine, but hey, we have a camouflaged vehicle with observation mast up in the game and I love it.

Hcpookie also put in the effort to create crew-served ATGM weapons (these are intended for multi-player crews to dismount, take the vehicle's weapon and move into a forward ambush position). The ATGM launchers look superb (especially the Sagger/Malyutka, with its remote control station).

I've added two-player crew served weapon teams for which PlannedAssault generates the instructions to move into position, construct and man the weapon.

_a2_at3_csw.jpg _a2_brdm2_c2_mast_up_camonet.jpg _a2_t80b_in_action.jpg

Other additions included RHS's T-80 pack, cleggy's FV432 Bulldog APC and the RAAF F/A-18F fighters. Mando's MMA is now configured to not show the scoring.

Under the hood are improved terrain representation, providing better knowledge of the road network to the planner.

@Alvando: I'm reworking the order generation system, and will take a look at the problem you describe (wrong task being active for airborne infantry). It might be a problem with order generation, but also might be a problem of too much going wrong early in the battle for the generated plan to make sense (Murphy / FUBAR effect).

William

@Alvando: I'm reworking the order generation system, and will take a look at the problem you describe (wrong task being active for airborne infantry). It might be a problem with order generation, but also might be a problem of too much going wrong early in the battle for the generated plan to make sense (Murphy / FUBAR effect).

William

thanks for answering william :bounce3:

and i also noticed that the link to the tropica map leads to the [ADO]Vostok map.

and also in arma 2 arrowhead mods selection i see there is 2 super hornets mod with the same link. please fix it :bounce3:

Edited by Alvando

I just updated the server with a fix for this problem, which originated from a mistake in plan generation, not properly linking grouped ground attacks from multiple landing zones and not taking the LZ as a base for the ground attack. I recommend replanning your air assault missions. Thanks for reporting this, Alvando.

and i also noticed that the link to the tropica map leads to the [ADO]Vostok map.

and also in arma 2 arrowhead mods selection i see there is 2 super hornets mod with the same link. please fix it :bounce3:

Fix for Tropica link is ready for next update.

Good spot on the mod selection, but this is an intentional change. I changed the mod selection screen to show up mods covering multiple forces/nations under each nation, otherwise it is hard to find a mod. I did this because when adding the Australian RAAF F/A-18Fs to Meatball's mod, the F/A-18F mod would no longer show up under US Navy but as ADF instead.

Let me know how this works (or doesn't work) for you.

I just updated the server with a fix for this problem, which originated from a mistake in plan generation, not properly linking grouped ground attacks from multiple landing zones and not taking the LZ as a base for the ground attack. I recommend replanning your air assault missions. Thanks for reporting this, Alvando.

No problem Boss. happy to help:bounce3:

Good spot on the mod selection, but this is an intentional change. I changed the mod selection screen to show up mods covering multiple forces/nations under each nation, otherwise it is hard to find a mod. I did this because when adding the Australian RAAF F/A-18Fs to Meatball's mod, the F/A-18F mod would no longer show up under US Navy but as ADF instead.

Let me know how this works (or doesn't work) for you.

well actually that doesnt really mattered because i tested to just select one of them and after i click continue and go back again, all 3 are selected lol:eek: (i just figured out what you mean, so the 2 same US hornets are for navy and USMC right? :D)

but the problem is when you are in blufor selection, there will be 2 same hornets sections for both USMC and ADF.:confused:

also i have some suggestions:) :

1.add takistani insurgents

2.add "Fallujah" island (would be good for black hawk down style missions)

3.Amphibious Assaults:811: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Edited by Alvando

Additional fast-roping heli's, random wind direction and strength

Small update (due to some larger behind-the-screens updates): Norrin released an update of his fast-roping add-on, and I've added the additional helis, and their variants in other armys (UK Chinook, ADF SA-70 Blackhawk, ACR Mi-35). Norrin's update is not backwards compatible, which means you have to upgrade to 0.8 or newer.

Furthermore, it seems the fast-roping addon now is more likely to hang, preventing helicopters to leave the scene. Didn't happen with the previous version, so I reported the problem to Norrin.

Triggered by a dramatic video that used smoke and strong winds, I took a look at BI's wind scripting, and added random wind (strength random up to 7 Beaufort, direction random) to the Arma 2 weather module.

_a2_adf_fastrope_from_s70_blackhawk.jpg _a2_acr_fastroping_from_mi25.jpg _a2_strong_wind_for_more_dramatic_smoke.jpg

@PvPscene: the FAQ section was given a make-over. I'm aware of the broken links for VBS2 addons in this update, and will fix these also shortly.

William

Thanks for the update William!

One note:

10. What version and add-ons are required to run PlannedAssault missions?

Games:

- Arma II: vanilla Arma II should suffice (with the latest patch - 1.09).

The least version for a2 is now v1.10.

---

On another note:

Several people would love to see the VME PLA MOD supported.

Is there a way to help you in the process?

Like could you publish your data structure, so that people could submit them to you

to reduce your effort for addon integrate into PA.

@PvPScene: Good spot. Also fixed A2 1.10 patch version.

Wrt VME PLA: assuming VME PLA resembles ACEX-PLA, I can give it a try. I'm fond of the PLA digital camo pattern.

There's one thing that would be of great help: a documented class list. I can read all of config files (at DH) and load each of the vehicles one-by-one in the armory but this is time consuming.

Another (optional) thing is documentation of the PLA infantry squad composition, anti-tank squad composition, and mechanized platoon compositions. For ACEX PLA, I wasn't able to find much, except a few tidbits at orbat.com suggesting 4 man fire teams, 11 man squads. I've been assuming Eastern Bloc style 3 vehicle mechanized/armored platoons.

If we're able to represent the PLA more accurately, this will benefit all.

William