wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

Hi ping is not so critical in arma as it is in your bf3/cod's etc .

I will try it :) , I hope it won't have high ping :p

Because Iam in South East Asia :D

For asia you might want to try this server http://www.omgeek.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

It's located in SG and please read the forum a bit for the password and etc.

Join the steam chatroom if you want to ask anything, they have a schedule for the arma session.

But the scheduled sessions is currently using ACE mod or just add me on steam and i can assist when i'm free at night

Edited by gunso

For asia you might want to try this server http://www.omgeek.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

It's located in SG and please read the forum a bit for the password and etc.

Join the steam chatroom if you want to ask anything, they have a schedule for the arma session.

But the scheduled sessions is currently using ACE mod or just add me on steam and i can assist when i'm free at night

but it is said that if I want to play in OMGeek server, I should have ACE mod installed, I don't have it, My ArmA II version is Vanilla without anything ( no mod , no DLC , no teamspeak ,etc) Am I still able to join in ?

Eh My ArmA II version isn't Steam :)

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Hi ping is not so critical in arma as it is in your bf3/cod's etc .

but High amount of pings makes me kicked from the room many times ("Your Ping is too high" , " Session Lost" , "Kicked by BattleEye") like that. And yes sometimes it's kinda lag because of high ping :(

Any solution ? :)

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

but High amount of pings makes me kicked from the room many times ("Your Ping is too high" , " Session Lost" , "Kicked by BattleEye") like that. And yes sometimes it's kinda lag because of high ping :(

Any solution ? :)

Regarding your ping issue, the only solution is to move to a place closer to the server location. yeah, no one can help you regarding ping issue, not even your ISP because it's location issue. It will reduce your ping more if you use a much more expensive internet business package but i'm not gonna go into that lol. But sorry, the only solution currently was to gather players near your area and make your own server.

but it is said that if I want to play in OMGeek server, I should have ACE mod installed, I don't have it, My ArmA II version is Vanilla without anything ( no mod , no DLC , no teamspeak ,etc) Am I still able to join in ?

Eh My ArmA II version isn't Steam :)

:)

Well i can coach you by hosting the game on our own pc for eg. the campaign mission (i haven't finish it yet lol), we dont really need a server with just a few people. Once you're getting the hang of it then you can try the mods like ACE and etc in a server with more people.

ACE mod increase the realism of this game but i would like to suggest for you just to use the vanilla 1st. But because this game have been around for a while most of the servers are using ACE. There are a few active servers that didn't use total conversion mod like ace for eg. GamesOnNet servers, it's located is AUS but you'll be kicked by battleye if your ping exceeds 220ms. (and most of the players are too busy playing Dayz mod anyway XD)

Arma is a really vast game, hence the name armaverse and armaholic and there are hundreds of custom made user missions, island, vehicles, units and etc that made new player overwhelmed just by reading about it. It's the same for me too, it took me 1 year n a half to get the courage to play with the editor. But it's quite a breeze once you get to know how.

I propose we do a coop campaign hosted on your PC so the save game is saved in your pc (You can play it by yourself when i'm not around) and you can just asks me anything you want in game, like AI control and etc. It saves a lot of time browsing the forum and doing trial and error. I prefer to use mic for easier interaction.

Arma online experience is different than BF3 or other typical FPS game. By working together you will increase your survival rate and mission success rate. The AI is brutal and will do flanking maneuvers on your location. Doing stuffs in other game like peeking and taking pot shot from the same place again and again dont work. Your friendly AI is really useful if you know how to use them. They will die just as fast as real life if you just stand on top of hills and yell charge to larger number of enemy in a base down the hill..

Steam chat is just an interaction chat window because i dont use steam for my arma too. But you can also add me on skype "rizashahril". Just give me a msg when you want to do coop. I'm usually free at night unless my wife drags me along for some shopping n etc.

Others can also join in if they are interested cause the campaign coop support 4 players.

Edited by gunso

Last Night I had played in server hosted in Korea , why do sometimes when people responds in radio, they using foreign language other than english ? Iam confuse, for example last night some people reply radio command like "I'M RELOADING" but in German language even though I know what is it means in english, but still don't know why appeared as german language ?

And how to use filter feature ? for example I type RCB but nothing appeared, completely empty. How to find OMGeek.net server ?

Thank you for the help, much appreciated :)

err cause it's a korean server?

you'll be kicked if you dont have the proper servers requiring specific mod installed. I suggest you try games.on.net server it uses vanilla. To use filter click filter and type the server name, if u know the exact name that is.

other easier method is just click the sort button on the ping list so it will show you server with the lowest ping on top.

err cause it's a korean server?

you'll be kicked if you dont have the proper servers requiring specific mod installed. I suggest you try games.on.net server it uses vanilla. To use filter click filter and type the server name, if u know the exact name that is.

other easier method is just click the sort button on the ping list so it will show you server with the lowest ping on top.

can you give me the exact name of games.on.net ? or is that already exact name ? because I will type it in filter :)

Just click the sort button on your server ping list, sort it so the lowest is on top. You should see all the server with low ping around your area.

Just click the sort button on your server ping list, sort it so the lowest is on top. You should see all the server with low ping around your area.

No, I mean the exact name of games.on.net server , because I have sort the server from lowest to highest , and I saw from the lowest to high ping but couldn't find anywhere games.on.net server :confused:

just type games in the filter

I'm on the third mission and I've successfully taken out the sniper, but no I have to go after the HVT and I've started noticing that my team never really follows me. I'll go forward to the objective and stop and turn around and my team is like 50 meters back moving at a snails pace. I've tried putting them up to SAFE combat mode but they are still moving super slow. I just want my team to stick on me at all times.

my question is, were do i start? i did the infantry and armor basic's but when i go join a server. its just Russians speaking! that or i get kicked for just joining (admin kicked, not high ping) is it cause i only have arma 2 free version? im still trying to figure out if i should buy it or wait till arma 3.

i play battlefield 2 project reality alot. i know its nothing like arma but id like to join the arma community!

New question about ARMA 2: PMC and BAF:

How big is Shapur and Proving Grounds? Is it the same size as the PMC Lite and BAF Lite Shapur and Proving Grounds?

my question is, were do i start? i did the infantry and armor basic's but when i go join a server. its just Russians speaking! that or i get kicked for just joining (admin kicked, not high ping) is it cause i only have arma 2 free version? im still trying to figure out if i should buy it or wait till arma 3.

i play battlefield 2 project reality alot. i know its nothing like arma but id like to join the arma community!

That means you had entered Russian server , you can check what language version do they use in settings below server list. When you click on a server , it will listed all the information about the server itself :)

No, ArmA II Free version are not related to make you getting kicked by the server .

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Just found this , 1-1 A should means Alpha team but why is it named Delta instead as well 1-1 D named Alpha, is it a bug ?

And I went inside the chopper as door gunner but in Map and then Unit, I was as crew chief , is it a bug as well ? :confused:

Sorry too many asking, I need to spend more time in multiplayer mode in order to learn it fully :)

I have ArmA2, and will like to ask for a "randomization" program or tip. I will explain myself.

- Imagine I'm in a mission, I will love to patrol an area and found the enemy everytime I play in a different place.

-Flying extraction missions in a chopper, getting calls from allied units on different places in the map.

Is that possible? Thanks.

I have ArmA2, and will like to ask for a "randomization" program or tip. I will explain myself.

- Imagine I'm in a mission, I will love to patrol an area and found the enemy everytime I play in a different place.

-Flying extraction missions in a chopper, getting calls from allied units on different places in the map.

Is that possible? Thanks.

Browse through armaholic or this forum under Completed user mission thread, use keyword "dynamic" in your search.

Dynamic mission have high replay value with everything randomize by th emission each tim eyou start the mission again.

I'm on the third mission and I've successfully taken out the sniper, but no I have to go after the HVT and I've started noticing that my team never really follows me. I'll go forward to the objective and stop and turn around and my team is like 50 meters back moving at a snails pace. I've tried putting them up to SAFE combat mode but they are still moving super slow. I just want my team to stick on me at all times.

Make sure they are not set to prone, if that's the case. Give them order to follow my stance. Safe order will not change the prone command position. You will need to reorder the stance regardless or danger level.

New question about ARMA 2: PMC and BAF:

How big is Shapur and Proving Grounds? Is it the same size as the PMC Lite and BAF Lite Shapur and Proving Grounds?

The difference between Lite version and full is the model texture quality. Lite will have low texture on your models. For eg. the PMC black SUV will have low resolution model. It lets you join missions that require PMC units but it wont look so nice n spiffy.

Edited by gunso

[/color]Just found this , 1-1 A should means Alpha team but why is it named Delta instead as well 1-1 D named Alpha, is it a bug ?

And I went inside the chopper as door gunner but in Map and then Unit, I was as crew chief , is it a bug as well ? :confused:

Sorry too many asking, I need to spend more time in multiplayer mode in order to learn it fully :)

Is this a bug or not ? or if this is a bug what should I do ? any help will be appreciated :(

Is this a bug or not ? or if this is a bug what should I do ? any help will be appreciated :(

Team names usually defined by the mission maker, so you need to ask the particular mission maker about it.

Crew chief is for one side of the chopper gunner and gunner is for the opposite side.

I forgot left or right.

I had been banned recently :(

first , got kicked , on second attempt to enter the room , got banned.

Why I got banned ? I don't think had something wrong in that room before, and is this banned permanent ?

The room or server that banned me is Dynamic zombie , forgot the exact name of the server :cry2:

there's a large influx of new arma 2 player lately due to the dayz mod, so expect a lot of loud and obnoxious COD kids in arma 2.

Dont behave like one of them or you will be kicked or banned. You have to appeal at their server moderator on their website if you want them to lift the ban.

Be polite, dont use caps lock, spamming fo attention and be nice, Arma 2 consist of mostly mature players and they usually dont tolerate childish behavior in their server.

there's a large influx of new arma 2 player lately due to the dayz mod, so expect a lot of loud and obnoxious COD kids in arma 2.

Dont behave like one of them or you will be kicked or banned. You have to appeal at their server moderator on their website if you want them to lift the ban.

Be polite, dont use caps lock, spamming fo attention and be nice, Arma 2 consist of mostly mature players and they usually dont tolerate childish behavior in their server.

eh perhaps too high ping make me got banned ?

No, I never do such annoying behaviour like you describe, I play ArmA II for serious gaming not for ruining other player game .

But thank you , at least now I know what to do and not to do in future :)

eh, this ban will be forever unless I talk to the server moderator or it can expired later , so what I need to do is just waiting perhaps ?

Why do sometimes my statistic appeared in Multiplayer Statistics when pressing "i" and sometimes not , even though I know that maybe my statistic isn't in top 10 but whatever ranked it should be keep displaying :confused: