Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Military Discussion Thread

This thread is for military stuff you want to discuss. Military news, youtube videos, etc. etc.

No spam, no flaming and no endless Abrams/T-90/Challenger/...-comparison discussions though :p

Refering to this, what the heck - a kamikaze ? Man this looks serious, but this guy is seen on his knees afterwards. Hope he's ok.

Refering to this, what the heck - a kamikaze ? Man this looks serious, but this guy is seen on his knees afterwards. Hope he's ok.

Ouch. :butbut:

Edited by LoLL

LOL! What about the guys inside the bus?! The whole side and back of the bus has exploded. Damn...

Which is better, IS2/Pershing/King Tiger?

None of them. The Landkreuzer 1500 was the best tank design of the Second World War.

T34 and PzIV´s with long 75mm compeat for the best tanks of WWII. maybe you can throw in the panther´s too.

all the others suck in a way or the other, they cant deliver a well rounded package.

Looks like Russia is about to unveil its new MBT, the T-95.

Source: Ria Novosti

T 95 will be StrOOOOOOnG indead (2015 serial)

2 ppl crue and 152 is very good dont you think ?:yay:

P.S. I hope North Corea comrades will be fine in all this shit

Edited by DenisRUS

T 95 will be StrOOOOOOnG indead (2015 serial)

Yay, Russia strong. Just what we need more of :j:

2 ppl crue and 152 is very good dont you think ?

Edit: actually its 3. Still think autoloaders are a bad idea tho.

And a 152mm gun? Why bother when you're always firing sub-calibre rounds? Or are you still thinking the whole gun/launcher idea is a good one?

Edited by DM

Of course it is still good idea ,so it will not be simple tank but a mobile rocket/arty platform to. New tank rockets can hit targets more then in 10 km range with the help of GLONASS,so why not? Larger CB-More space for larger rockets with more fuel and expl.

Hm,i v heard about 2 ppl crue (driver,gunner-commander)

Of course it is still good idea ,so it will not be simple tank but a mobile rocket/arty platform to. New tank rockets can hit targets more then in 10 km range with the help of GLONASS,so why not? Larger CB-More space for larger rockets with more fuel and expl.

And a bigger target too. You either carry a smaller number of larger rounds, or a greater number ofsmaller rounds. Or you make your tank bigger, and thus a jucier target.

Hm,i v heard about 2 ppl crue (driver,gunner-commander)

A 2 man crew for a modern AFV is simply retarded. Having only 1 gunner-commander will seriously harm your target aquisition times - the gunner cant be scanning for more targets whilst he's currently engaging one - and in modern tank warfare, whoever gets the round off first is most likely to win.

I was talking about bigger gun (CB-caliber)) Tank actually will the same size as T-90M.

So you'll have larger rounds, but carry fewer of them?

i am sure they do the trick, russians are good inventors after all. the thing i wonder about is since when the soviets care about crew survivability... .

this was never their concern so far and their strategic thinking was not centered around survivability, but achieving superiour mass at a weak point to force a break through that can be followed up, no matter the cost.

i guess the russians are about to arive in the counter insurgency warefare age, lets see how they fare with it.

and tube launched 152mm ATGM´s of 7000 meters or more range is a huge bonus. that is bad ass, if that is true the NATO analysts will surely break their heads again how to counter the threat.

many older soviet tanks can fire tube launched ATGM´s and their standoff range is in theory about 1000 to 2000 meters more then the compareable NATO equivalent.

so its no new invention in the T95 but just the last incarnation of an ongoing tradition.

well ,actually it will be 1 tank with unmaned turret so it is pretty new invention ,dont you think?

BTW new 10 km version of Reflex ATGM with GLONASS system will first come to T90 tank serious ,so it is not a myth)

just to add that everything in the future will be based on T95 -ARTY, AA etc

http://paralay.iboards.ru/download/file.php?id=1844&sid=64b909fcddde3943cb07e80a6ec646dc&mode=view

Edited by DenisRUS

Unmanned turrets arent really anything new. Both sides have been messing with them for a while:

Falcon_Turret_KADDB_Jordan_Sofex_2004_01.jpg

Falcon Turret on a Challenger 1 hull.

one thing i want to say that in my relation a brother join indian armor force five year back ,and he is a bmp driver.

well ,actually it will be 1 tank with unmaned turret so it is pretty new invention ,dont you think?
My point was that T-95 will be first serial tank with U.T.

You should probably try and make that point more clearly then :p

My point was that its not really new, since both "sides" have been messing with it for decades.

Will this beast replace standard UK tanks or it is only an experiment?

No, it was a proposed upgrade for Jordanian tanks around 10 years ago or so.

one thing i want to say that in my relation a brother join indian armor force five year back ,and he is a bmp driver.

I'm sure we all agree when I say: whoop-de-do. :j:

dont want to create a new thread but today islamic scum attacked our Moscow sub. Уебищные ублюдки.

[R]

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=67083

http://www.youtube.com/user/russiatoday?blend=1&ob=4

RIP to all victims, death to all terrorists.

I think our government must do it in Israel and in USA way and kill not only terrorists but members of there families to, blow up there houses with everyone insight, use Phosphorus roÑkets, depleted uranium shells ..aghhg

I and my brother was on Lubyanka station 15 fucking minutes before explosion - it seems to me i am pretty lucky that i am still alive and able to write here about modern Russian tanks

Edited by DenisRUS

Happy second birthday, Denis...

Agree with you - revenge must be harsh.

Thx.. it was really mad day to me because it happened to me on my trip to airport and after all this shit i was sitting on a plane flying from Moscow to my city and me and all other passengers only thoughts was " hope this plane will not be blown away" Пиздец проÑто Ñ Ð¾Ñ…ÑƒÐµÐ²Ð°ÑŽ. Half of the passengers were drinking vodka and after all they decided to look and search after some suspicious ppl or suicide bombers hiding on plane so another half including me tried to stop them during all flight . It was reaaally mad