Sign in to follow this  
the.d

User Add-On Guide for more Realism and Immersion (ACE2-based)

Angus S is quite right. This is completely outdated. We find ACE/ACRE to be an extremely immersive combination, very few additional add-ons are running on our server/clients.

I will rewrite the list - and shorten it significantly - as soon as I find the time. Sorry for having neglected this for so long!

Its great guys i've tried it, but i want to ask several things

so is there anyways to enable the aiming reticle just like the game without ACE?

And is there anyway to configure the ACE about how much realism does we want?

deltadagger, ACE is mostly aiming for realism. I would wholeheartedly suggest you play with it for a while and see all the realism features - such as the disabled rifle cursor reticles - as a challenge, not a restriction. If you don't like this at all, or think it silly, there's two options:

1) ACE is quite modular, try disabling the features you don't like by finding the pertaining .pbo file and moving it out of the @ACE/AddOns folder (would mean quite a bit of tinkering in the long run - and it would definitely restrict multiplayer gaming)

2) Don't use ACE at all and play ArmA2 on "easy" or "regular" difficulty, if you prefer more arcade-like gaming

Hope that helps!

@The.D

sure, i mean thats great but its fun to play it like arcade once in a while i think.

oh yeah i've solved about the reticle , its in here ;

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2935221.html

so guys i've got one more thing to ask, is it possible to play arma 2 without the ACE while still getting those models, and weapons that came with it?

(My ACE came with a pack of Desert russian soldiers, MVD, spetnaz, and special US units).

so all i want is to play my arma2 without the ACE while still getting all those addons models, how do i do that?

so guys i've got one more thing to ask, is it possible to play arma 2 without the ACE while still getting those models, and weapons that came with it?

(My ACE came with a pack of Desert russian soldiers, MVD, spetnaz, and special US units).

so all i want is to play my arma2 without the ACE while still getting all those addons models, how do i do that?

Is it possible?

Where can I get the mods that make up ACE without using ACE? I want to add ACE features to an MP server but not require ACE. I remember coming across a list of all the addons/mods in the ACE mod. I am looking for things like the earplugs and deafness, the backblast, overpressure, grenade fragmentation, ammo cookoff, vehicle towing/lifting, gas mask and teargas, different types of grenades, Tac-50, and realistic vehicle traction on different road surfaces. I do not want the medical system or anything else like that. I want to add this the Wasteland mission/mod so that it makes the game more interesting and fun hopefully without limiting people to ACE only.

Where can I get the mods that make up ACE without using ACE? I want to add ACE features to an MP server but not require ACE. I remember coming across a list of all the addons/mods in the ACE mod. I am looking for things like the earplugs and deafness, the backblast, overpressure, grenade fragmentation, ammo cookoff, vehicle towing/lifting, gas mask and teargas, different types of grenades, Tac-50, and realistic vehicle traction on different road surfaces. I do not want the medical system or anything else like that. I want to add this the Wasteland mission/mod so that it makes the game more interesting and fun hopefully without limiting people to ACE only.

Let me tell you, I think I have never seen before someone more in real need of all the ACE mod. You should do an ACE version of Wasteland... call it "Wasteland Hard Corps" if you want.

You see, in as much as I dislike the monopolic nature of ACE, you seem to need all the things that ACE brings, so why would you want to reinvent the wheel?

Cheers.

PS: To answer your question, you can't get the individual mods that make up ACE simply because most of the features you mention were never released outside of the mod. Some of them, you can have, but your list is almost the definition of ACE.

By the time you've looked around and done all that, which is more or less possible to do, you just might as well use ACE as you know its going to run nice and even, as said by @seba1976, what you want is all there in ace.

Why not ACE on your server? of course there is the possible, no won't say it..;)

Besides, it is a million times easier for people to get ACE, than to search for and install the whole bunch of individual mods your Wasteland will be requiring. I guess that was the whole point of ACE to begin with. Sadly, there were some very bad side effects, but overall, it made the addon syncronization a lot easier for the MP scene.

Well, I have been trying to Integrate ACE into Wasteland. The problem is that having little ArmA scripting or C coding experience tends to hamstring me. I have asked for help or people to assist in the development of ACE Wasteland on the Bohemia Interactive Forums but never get a response. No one seems to want to help get ACE Wasteland up and running. I have a very buggy alpha but not much seems to work. I even got banned from 2 realism clans (one of which I was a member of for 4 years) for suggesting and talking about ACE Wasteland.

Since I am at a dead end as far as development goes, I figured that maybe I could add the effects without the hassle of ripping out the core Wasteland features and replacing them with the ACE ones.

I see. Well, I'm not familiar with Wasteland at all. Have you tried contacting the Wasteland dev team instead of the ACE one? I think it shouldn't be hard at all to run both mods alongside.

Which Wasteland team? I am getting some help with tips from 404 but that's about it.

Try here.

On the other hand since ACE Wasteland on Vostok is not going so well, I have a secondary version on the Clafghan map. It seems to mostly work aside from the ACE medical. (I have disabled ACE medical at this time). Let me know if anyone wants to help test it or work on it. The current mods/addons used on the Clafghan Wasteland are:

• ACE
  • ACEX
  • Balkan War Mod (for AA)
  • Blastcore VEP A2R1 (makes fire spread etc)
  • CLAfghan
  • Group Link 4
  • JSRS
  • JSRS ACE
  • JTD Fire and Smoke
  • SMK animations Lite
  • SakuLightFX
  • theFEW
  • WarFX Particles Beta
  • Zeus AI
  • Zeus AI ACE
  • POOK Deployable Camo Nets

I am considering removing the randomly spawning base parts since there are several prebuilt FOBs that are perfect. I would replace the base part spawns with building supply stores or cargo drop missions. This is partly to improve performance on the mission.

I figure I would ask in here. What would be the best difficulty settings with these following addons at work:

- ACE

- ASR AI

- TPW CAS

I want to try and get the most realistic difficulty setting, and I figure having both friendly and foe at max isn't really it. For example, the recommended settings for Regular here are actually different than what's suggested for ASR AI (SkillEnemy here is 0.3, ASR has it at 0.7, for example). I want to make it realistic without being superhuman.