Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Fast Sea Frame - FSF-1 - Sea Fighter

http://www.ncistudent.net/studyskill...Paragraphs.htm

Case in point. This is exactly what we teach our grade school students. (3-6 grade). Note the term "generally." But hey, don't take my word for it. While you're pissed off, try some summer reading; it'll do you good. Try Hemingway or Forester or, for you folks down under, Patrick White, Thomas Keneally, or one of my favorites, James Clavell. And Gnat, much as I enjoy your models, I do not like unfounded, uneducated criticism. Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'.

Define in the model the Chaff launcher points and it will work.

Mankyle: I've been converting a few things over for private use, but the flare system has been giving me some trouble. With the CM system, do you have to add a launch point to the model itself, or could you work around it by creating a launch point by script?

I think the engine looks for the point in the model that we define as the CM memory point:

memoryPointCM[] = {"flare_launcher1","flare_launcher2"};
memoryPointCMDir[] = {"flare_launcher1_dir","flare_launcher2_dir"};

but if it doesn't find it I think it uses the "zamerny" point which is the point in the model that defines the point where all weapons are aimed at.

In GNATs ships I used the Memory points for the smoke exhausts and it worked

I have enabled this system in all GNAT ships and it works very well.

Unfortunately it is a long process because you have to make vehicles, ammo, magazines and weapons CM compliant

Now one example

For example harpoon missiles are radar guided Ship to Ship missiles:

That means that we must add

weaponlocksystem = 4;

in the ammocfg for making the harpoon work against land targets

and

we also must add

weaponlocksystem = 8;

in the harpoon_launcher weaponcfg for making it Radar Guided

With that we have a radar guided missile that can be countered with the CMs.

Unfortunately if you look at existing countermeasure weapons they have values that don't work against SSMs.

- Smoke launcher works against visual guided ASM/SSM missiles --->

weaponlocksystem = 1 + 4;

- Flare launcher works against all not radar guided antiair missiles except sidewinder --->

weaponlocksystem = 2;

- Flares/chaff launcher works against all antiair missiles including sidewinder --->

weaponlocksystem = 2 + 8;

If we want to create a CM ammo that works against Radar guided SSMs we could inherit from the flare ammo with something like this

class CMflare_chaff_SSM_Ammo : CMflareAmmo {
	effectsSmoke = "CounterMeasureChaff";
	weaponLockSystem = 4 + 8;
};

The we would create a new magazine for this ammo and a new launcher which then we would add as a weapon in the vehicle. And that would enough for using the CM system in ships.

Edited by mankyle
adding new info

@mankyle

I was afraid you were going to say that, but I had another thought:

Gnat uses a generated ground surface and then attaches it to his deck ships. Given the ability to control the size and position of the ground texture relative to the ship, could we identify THAT surface as a CM memory point?

I mean essentially, we are saying "create an object with ground properties here that has a defined x,y,z of so and so and it set at r degrees relative to the model."

Since we assign "ground" properties to the geometric plane, can we assign more advanced properties?

Yes and no

What we could define as a CM point is any memory point present in the model, i.e. the zamerny memory point that defines the point in X, Y, Z coordinates where the engine places that object's position.

So in a sense the attached surface cannot be used as a CM point, but if gnat attached that surface to a memory point, for example one of those present in the model that activate the secure chopper action or an special one used for that purpose in the model, yes, we could tie the CMs to that point.

Important when defining CMs memory points is that we need a memory point and another memory point for defining the direction and facing of the CMs we are goint to create.

Sorry but I don't know if this answers your question.

Gnat uses a generated ground surface and then attaches it to his deck ships.

What are you talking about? No I dont. Walking surface is part of the main model.

The only thing I attached is a highly modified ladder and a Stinger launcher. And the RHIB's of course.

@mankyle

Thanks for the PM code. I've got to (try) finish another project before I test your stuff.

Unfortunately OA been delayed until next week here, and I now go away for work for 2 weeks .... so no editing in that time. :(

Sorry, I took some of the scripting in an sqf file as a reference to some sort of script generated plane that simulated a solid surface. I now see that it was simply for the benefit of attaching and orienting the flight deck surface.

Doesn't this work?

>>> Place Object around FSF <<<

There are many memory points now defined around the FSF for accurate placing (SETPOSASL) of any object.

- Example Call;

xx = [MyUH60,MySHIP,"Pad1"] execVM "\GNT_FSF\position.sqf";

Defined Memory Points

Pad1 (landing pad front)

Pad2 (landing pad back)

Pad1F (more forward, suits UH1Y)

Pad2F (more forward, suits UH1Y)

deck0 (on deck, near stinger launcher)

deck1R to deck6R (6 positions, on deck, right side)

deck1L to deck6L (6 positions, on deck, left side)

well1R, well2R, well3R (3 positions, near RHIBs, right hand walkway)

well1C, well2C, well3C (3 positions, near RHIBs, forward and center walkway)

well1L, well2L, well3L (3 positions, near RHIBs, left hand walkway)

laddertop, ladderbottom (2 positions, at boarding ladder)

Gnat;1772426']Doesn't this work?

nope only works with vehicles :D which is great because 1L/2L i have 2 MRAPS to be lifted of the denk once in range of the coast!

OK more importantly then that! how do i get a vehicle on the ship when the mission is running on a DEDICATED server?

Dont know, I dont remember getting any feedback on how well the various provided extra scripts of this addon worked on ded or host servers.

ok! unfortunately i had to give up my mission because some of your script do not play nice on a dedicated server :D

Well give Gnat feedback so that he can fix it for dedi servers then BelgarionNL. 'Do not play nice' isn't that informative.

Well give Gnat feedback so that he can fix it for dedi servers then BelgarionNL. 'Do not play nice' isn't that informative.

Yes, exactly.

@BelgarionNL,

If you cant tell me what exactly it is or isn't doing, I can't fix it.

anyone able to get boats to attach in multiplayer? If i drive one up it wont attach, it will in singleplayer, just not multiplayer

Not sure the problem, I was given some nice scripts that should make it work in MP.

Explain EXACTLY what functions do work OK in MP and what dont, then I might be able to deduce a fix.

Lashing the chopper to the deck does work fine in MP, but you cannot attach any boats, it gives you the option but it wont attach, it will in single player not in mulltiplayer.

Not enough detail

Do choppers release from the deck OK in MP?

The AA launcher in the corner of the deck works OK?

Boats release ok from the ship OK in MP?

So you get the option to attach the boats in MP, but when you use the option, nothing at all happens?

Dedicated server?

Correct to all above, Ship will deploy in MP, but will not ATTACH, there is not much more to add.

... there is not much more to add.

Oh bloody hell .... its like friggin pulling teeth! :mad:

Gnat;1815255']Dedicated server?

?

I will test as well I have a mission up on my server now that uses it.

Update:

ARMA - CO v1.56

Latest Mando 24b95 Tried both Suite Script and AddOn Version

Converted Domination Mission I have ran for a long time:

Duala v1.81

Latest (I know of) FSF-1 vBeta2.1

Results Both versions Editor;

Both versions work fine with AA Launcher visible

Results Both versions MP Dedicated Server: (1 Player)

No visible RH1B in FSF-1

Can Release RH1B and it appears

Cannot Dock RH1B

No AA Launcher visible on Deck

I will now test mission with nothing but FSF-1.

Update:

Same results as above with just FSF-1 on Dedicated Server no Mando Addon or Suite in this test.

Edited by vengeance1