Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Fast Sea Frame - FSF-1 - Sea Fighter

Gnat;1653952']Huh? Sorry ReconTeam I dont understand.

I just re-tested and you can.

Walk downstairs' date=' enter as driver or anything, then "release" the RHIB youre in. Done.

You can even release a RHIB from the well, without actually being in it.[/quote']

Oh, I didn't mean your FSF-1, I meant the BIS LHD. If there is a way to go down to the well-deck on that, I must have missed it.

... every time a new player connects to the server the init is rerun over and over (On the server) ....

Ok, that was news to me.

Code added thanks.

Gnat;1654574']Ok' date=' that was news to me.

Code added thanks.[/quote']

Glad i could help

FSF_4.jpg

UPDATED to Beta 2

Beta 2 Change Log

- Added Bridge view (pretty rough! But functional ;) )

- Added boarding ladder

- Added MP script improvements (thanks Armatech)

- Added Stinger

- Added position memory points

- Added extra Cargo positions (17)

- Improved rear barrier

- Changed engine & environment sounds

See first post.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Gnat just wanted to say thanks for continuing to make ships for ARMA 2, we need them badly. Well Done! ;)

nice im gonna test it ASAP!

the bridge view looks pretty good!:yay:

17 extra attach points! I'm in heaven! This little baby has proven more than a little bit useful in our missions as a staging area. I would like to request additional ladders, however, as some people insists on falling off the thing. We've also had some trouble with the cornering rear ladder dumping people of just as they are about to enter the boat well. a ladder in the boat well on the right side towards the front would be useful. As it is now, I'm scripting the ladders I need to spawn and attach, and that has resulted in some strange issues. I avoided fouling the deck and shooting the control tower by mounting a stinger launcher low on the left rear on a block attached to the ship (so that the launcher just cleared the rail), and front right (again, just clearing the rail), again with a block. I think small, relatively thin platforms could take the place of the blocks, and a scaled down, SAM2 of some kind could be used in place of crewmen, who are too easily killed. This would allow the animation to be limited in turning radius (like the Mando gun can be) to stay clear of the deck and avoid shooting the tower.

Edited by quicksilver67
spelling

issue with the new FSFInit.sqs the code sample i gave you was for sqf and not sqs please change all "//" to ";" as im getting RTP errors

;----------------------------------------
;script by Gnat
;mp fix by armatech
; if you use it, credit me as appropraite
_ship = _this select 0
if (!isServer) exitWith {}
_xx = 10 preloadObject "RHIB" 
_xx = 10 preloadObject "RHIB2Turret"
_xx = 10 preloadObject "Stinger_Pod"
;Get var form ship
_check = _ship getVariable "boatsloaded";
;Check is var is empty/not set
if(isnil "_check")then
{
;load ships and set var
;Broadcasts ships loaded
_ship setVariable ["boatsloaded", true,true];
;run boat loading scripts
[_ship] execvm "\GNT_FSF\scr\FSFLoadRHIB1.sqf"
[_ship] execvm "\GNT_FSF\scr\FSFLoadRHIB2.sqf"
_ladder = "FSF_Ladder" createvehicle[0,0,0]
_ladder attachto [_ship,[-5.5,-30.2,-4.2]]
_stinger = "Stinger_Pod" createvehicle[0,0,0]
_stinger attachto [_ship,[7.5,23.5,1.8]]
}else{
;Var is set so do nothing
;not needed but wont hurt
if(true)exitwith{};
};
exit

Oh and btw the exitWith command doesn't work in .sqs too ;)

Better to to rename the script to .sqf. :)

Oops! Sorry guys

UPDATED to Beta 2.1

Beta 2.1 Change Log

- Fixed Init script error

See first post.

@quicksilver

Sorry, if you cant be bothered to use some formating in your posts (try the ENTER key for a start) then I really don't have the time to try to understand the walls of text.

quicksilver's post

translated to english

17 extra attach points! I'm in heaven!

This little baby has proven more than a little bit useful in our missions as a staging area.

I would like to request additional ladders, however, as some people insists on falling off the thing.

We've also had some trouble with the cornering rear ladder dumping people of just as they are about to enter the boat well. a ladder in the boat well on the right side towards the front would be useful.

As it is now, I'm scripting the ladders I need to spawn and attach, and that has resulted in some strange issues..

I avoided fouling the deck and shooting the control tower by mounting a stinger launcher low on the left rear on a block attached to the ship (so that the launcher just cleared the rail), and front right (again, just clearing the rail), again with a block.

------------------------------------------------

last part i'm not too sure what to say.

I think small, relatively thin platforms could take the place of the blocks, and a scaled down, SAM2 of some kind could be used in place of crewmen, who are too easily killed. This would allow the animation to be limited in turning radius (like the Mando gun can be) to stay clear of the deck and avoid shooting the tower.

edit:

still hard to understand.. i'll just leave it to him

thanks for the update.

I'm sorry if you're having trouble with the formatting.

On my computer, using Firefox, it looks like a perfectly normal paragraph in English.

My apologies to those who are not English speakers or who are English challenged.

I do not understand how skipping lines improves the text in any way, or how text

presented in paragraph form would obscure meaning. In any event, I enjoy the addon.

lol I am Australian. My first and only language is english (Im sure some English would suggest we Australians dont know how to speak english lol ), I've been speaking, reading and writing it for over 40 years. At no time do I recall 20+ lines being called "a paragraph".

You need to compare your posts with others in these forums. Or maybe check if your browser is screwing you over.

Thanks for the suggests Quicksilver .(thanks for your efforts Fox)

I think I understand, but still really arent sure if your talking AI or human players or MP effects or .... dont know :(

Either way, the FSF has been upgraded A LOT.

No plans for further at this stage.

For the record, and for our friends down in Australia, and elsewhere, a paragraph has no minimum OR maximum amount of sentences. It is not "five" as you were taught in school by frustrated teachers eager for you to do something, anything, to demonstrate intelligence. So long as the sentences support or relate to the main idea (topic sentence), it is a legitimate paragraph.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Oh, and if you are interested in docking landing craft in the boat bay, try this:

in Gnat's config file, add a user action, for example:

class LCUdock {

displayName = "Dock LCU";

position = "BBay";

onlyforplayer = 0;

radius = 25;

condition = "(vehicle player isKindOf ""Ship"")";

statement = "[this, vehicle player] execVM ""\GNT_FSF\scr\LCUdock.sqf""";

};

After that, create a new sqf file, following Gnat's example, to match, and put it in the scr folder. It should look something like this:

//----------------------------------------

//script by Gnat

// if you use it, credit me as appropraite <Gnat's spelling, not mine>

//if (!isServer) exitWith {}; <you don't need this if you are just making a mission>

private["_ship","_lcu"];

_ship = _this select 0;

_lcu = _this select 1;

_lcu attachto [_ship];

driver _vehicle action ["engineOff", _vehicle];

while {(alive _lcu) and (alive _ship) and !(isEngineOn _lcu)} do {};

sleep 5;

detach _lcu;

The lcu model will now dock with Gnat's FSF, and be carried with the ship, though it will stick out the back, and you will need to move to a rear seat to appear on the deck of the FSF. It will not cause the FSF to jump or behave strangely. Simple.

Edited by quicksilver67
spelling

GNAT I don't know if you've got OA yet but as you may know, the radar system and its config values have changed in OA.

For getting the radar working in your ships you must add the following to your config so the radar works

driverCanSee = 31;
gunnerCanSee = 31;
radarType = 4;
LockDetectionSystem = 8;
IncommingMisslieDetectionSystem = 16;

I'm doing know experiments with the countermeasure system but so far I haven't had success enabling the CM system in other vehicles than planes.

For that you must define some points in the model and then call them in the config:

memoryPointCM[] = {"flare_launcher1","flare_launcher2"};
 memoryPointCMDir[] = {"flare_launcher1_dir","flare_launcher2_dir"};

and also add the CMflarelauncher weapon

weapons[] = {"CMFlareLauncher"};
     magazines[] = {"120Rnd_CMFlareMagazine"};

I have added these lines to a ship and I got working missiles that can be jammed, the ship gets an alert when it is being locked and fired upon but I cannot get the dammned CM working

Hope to see your ships in OA soon!!!

Kepp up the good work, mate

Gnat;1671673']...(Im sure some English would suggest we Australians dont know how to speak english lol )' date=' I've been speaking, reading and writing it for over 40 years. [/quote']

Well I can confirm that as an American I don't know how to speak English. So at least your in good company! :D

I'm thoroughly enjoy the most recent version by the way.

Thanks!

I for one am 100%p English, However some may say im not because im Scouse :-D

My english knowledge is crap. But this is in a time where all the kids are grammatically correct, and mis-spell things on purpose because its cool...

Just a reply to mankyle...

There really isnt much water in OA to operate Gnats ships :-/

I know there is not much water in the Takistan, Zargabad or desert maps, but...

There are custom Islands, aren't there? :p

I love GNATs ships.

Yeah, there are plenty, Im guessing all the mod makers have alot of testing to do, considering lots have hundreds of mods

For the record...
... and for our friends down in Australia ....
<Gnat's spelling, not mine>

If youre just trying to piss me off .... it worked.

... a paragraph has no minimum OR maximum amount of sentences. It is not "five" as you were taught in school ...

http://www.ncistudent.net/studyskills/writingskills/WritingParagraphs.htm

@mankyle

Thanks for the code!

@Manzilla

Thanks!

@CannonousCrash

Yeh, as mankyle said. And OA has new feature that could hopefully be added to the ship addons.

probably should of searched but gnat, are you planning to add the bridge to the outside lod? i think it's a step towards a fully enter-able ship (even if you are planning to or not..)

If you are talking about the countermeasures I have succesfully enabled them in the FFAA BAM ship that has been recently released in a beta state.

If you add this you will have a ship which can use the countermeasure system:

driverCanSee = 31;
gunnerCanSee = 31;
radarType = 4;
LockDetectionSystem = 8;
IncommingMisslieDetectionSystem = 16;
driverhasflares = true;
memoryPointCM[] = {"flare_launcher1","flare_launcher2"};
memoryPointCMDir[] = {"flare_launcher1_dir","flare_launcher2_dir"};
weapons[] = {"CMFlareLauncher"};
magazines[] = {"120Rnd_CMFlareMagazine"};

when I started tampering with the CM system I forgot to add the "driverhasflares = true;" line in the config.

Define in the model the Chaff launcher points and it will work.

I have enabled your frigates with SSMs using the new code and I can actually see the missiles coming to my ship in the radar. The trick is defining the weapon launcher with the correct type so the missiles can be spoofed with flares or chaff (Flares for IR missiles, I.E. a Penguin or radar missiles I.E a Harpoon).

I have tried doing thisand the countermeasures work!!!!!! The missile can be deceived

Edited by mankyle