Sign in to follow this  
StubbleHopper

Sharpe's Rifles Mod

Hi,

Been working on some Napoleonic models lately to start a mod based on the TV series "Sharpe" The idea is to use the faces of the TV characters on some of the models so that the player can actuallly be Sharpe, Hogan, Harper, Hagman etc. and make the models look like the characters as well. Also, I'd like to design missions around the actual novels, such as as "Sharpe's Gold" "Sharpe's Siege","Sharpes's Rescue" and so on.

I've got several units in game see attached links for photos. However, I could do with some help as follows

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/New%20album%20%5E54%5E6

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/New%20folder

(Please note the artilley models in the photos are not mine and were borrowed from Spuds original Napoleonic mod for Operation Flashpoint and won't be used without permission and would require some upgrading work if used.)

Island makers - I'd like to make a custom period island, with no modern clutter, such as telegraph poles, industial buildings, corrugated iron, tarmac roads, whatever. I've started pulling out all the obvious stuff in Chernarus and had a go at re-texturing the buildings with thatched roofs etc, but a whole new Island would be better, so anyone upto the challenge please drop me a line.

Texturers - I'd like to re-texture almost all the building models in Arma 2, a huge undertaking any help much appreciated.

Modellers - While I have no problems making the infantry, artillery and cavalryman models, I need some help getting well modelled, fully annimated horses in game. These would be needed for cavalry, artillery caissons, supply wagons and so on. I need these to be able to set up ambushes on supply columns and stuff. The whole thing works well as an infantry vs infantry skirmish, and I've had a couple of hundred troops ingame, but cavalry and supply vehicles will add a whole new dimension. Again anyone who feels they could help getting horse models in game, PLEASE send me a pm. There's also scope for help with further infantry and cavalry models.

Annimations - Really need some new annimations, never tried it myself, so steep learning curve, if I can't find someone to help with this.

Formations - I need to get some formations and troop behaviours changed ingame such as trying to get the infantry to stand up and fight like period soldiers rather than modern ones, although the current way things are in Arma 2 is fine for rifles and light infantry, its no good for line infantry and cavalry, so again some help needed there please.

Mission Makers - As mentioned above, missions are going to be based on the plots in the novels, so any talented mission makers who feel they are up to the challenge, please drop me a PM.

Finally, I'll be putting up a website for this shortly if things move along, and I get some help, so if you want the opportunity to be part of what could be a cracking and unique mod for Arma2 please send me a PM.

Thanks Stubblehopper

My god, brilliant work I have to say. Keep it up ! I hope you'll get some assistance :) I really love the Napoleonic period and your units look excellent.

Edited by CommanderYuri

ohh man godlike ...i love the napolonic mod from ofp1 ...do you need a soundartist ?

Sure, the missions I have in mind would need a sound artist and a few voice overs for cut scenes defineately could use your help.

Hehe, seems you made up your mind to go on working on this. Good luck on this, and feel free to ask if you need advises :)

excellent work i love it ( of course you can use all what i have done with ProfT i am sure he will agree my clearance)

excellent work i love it ( of course you can use all what i have done with ProfT i am sure he will agree my clearance)

Yep !!!

Thanks guys, I do appreciate your help, that will save a whole pile of work and effort, there's a guy interested in helping out who wants to take on the cannons, as they'll need a bit of updating, this will help no end.

cheers

Stubble

Very nice work! Can´t wait to try it out!

:D

Does bayonet works?

Love to see the close combat to work too.

:)

I love to see a project such as this revived for Arma 2, looks promising!

Wish I could help mate. I've read nearly all the books and got the dvd boxed set. (History buff.) All I can do is wish you the best of luck in your mission/ challenge/ havoc/ honour/ Regiment! Good luck!

Love Napoleonics, cut my computer wargaming teeth on the Talonsoft games (and their ACW games too - brilliant, still play them)...

Back on topic, these top-class models would lend themselves particularly beautifully to the sort of "table top" skirmish games I used to play with my Airfix soldiers when I was a nipper back in the day - meeting engagements where an under-strength company of riflemen in open order bumped into a similarly-sized unit of voltigeurs...

My 2 cents is focus first on making formations for infantry and canon that can be "pushed" by the crew instead of dragged by horses. This way if you focus your work on a single aspect of the mod first, and you will be able to release it in an alpha or beta form and develop it further as it is being tested by either a select community or the community at large. It is best to get one playable aspect complete than to have many half done unusable aspects of the mod. Other than that it looks like this is going to be a fabulous mod upon completion and I wish I knew how to model, or program so I could help out with it. If you want help researching let me know as I have access to the second largest library in North America (only Harvard is bigger but that is because they also have the library of congress).

This would be amazing, I loved Sharpe, and a decent a Napoleonic war mod would be fantastic, if it included loads of factions, and the American Revolution!

:D Would be win

This would be amazing, I loved Sharpe, and a decent a Napoleonic war mod would be fantastic, if it included loads of factions, and the American Revolution!

:D Would be win

Mmm... American Revolution didn't take place during the same century as Napoleonic adventure...

He might be getting the AWOI and The War of 1812 mixed up.

I wish you the best of luck with this mod StubbleHopper.

Edited by Snafu

He might be getting the AWOI and The War of 1812 mixed up.

I wish you the best of luck with this mod StubbleHopper.

And we all know who won the War of 1812. :p

Thanks for your comments guys, horses cannons and cavalry are long term goals, I'll release a short term beta at some point, mayby some rifles and French viltiguers (light infantry) with a small mission to start with. So, if any mission makers would like to contact me I'll send them an early release in exchange for their work on a decent mission.

And we all know who won the War of 1812. :p

The French like allways .... ^^ ( Duck sideroll and jump out of window while hearing FAMAS rounds )