Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

May be something to ask the ACE boys, because they seem to be adding alot of stuff to the soldiers load-outs i.e the snipers whith their rang-finder which they can deploy, granted it aint a ladder but hopefully similar concept.

May be something to ask the ACE boys, because they seem to be adding alot of stuff to the soldiers load-outs i.e the snipers whith their rang-finder which they can deploy, granted it aint a ladder but hopefully similar concept.

thier was something very simular from arma1! it was a real deployable ladder that was on you back..and you had the action to "deploy latter" in which it could be placed on walls and once u got to th top u could collect it and move on!

I own around 10 books written by UK soldiers/NCOs and I believe many of the stuff can be recreated on this map ;)

p.s. too bad we will stay in FOBs most of the time fending off Talibans controlling the entire region ;)

The paras did mount a few air assaults which could make for some interesting missions.

No I mean if you look at OPX's walls, there is a little line to represent his walls. I think you will have to creat your own little picture that will show up in the editor like you have to do with custom units.
I think, and this is just a thought, you need to creat a little picture of it, like with units in the editor, that shows what it is. Im not 100% sure though :S

set!

Checked config, def not in there, tried BIS sample models and they show up on mission editor without using a config file so it has to be set in O2 somewhere. anyone got any ideas? :confused:

Thanks

I'd love to help arb but i know nothing about any of this sorry.

Checked config, def not in there, tried BIS sample models and they show up on mission editor without using a config file so it has to be set in O2 somewhere. anyone got any ideas? :confused:

Thanks

Its due to a named property in the geometry lod. Add this only in your geo lod:

fencelines.jpg

Its due to a named property in the geometry lod. Add this only in your geo lod:

Excellent, thanks for that. sorted.

Edited by arb

another problem, when shooting the wall. any ideas?

I think I have the view geo setup right, it doesn't do this all the way along the wall...

4413451429_61c7f146e9_o.jpg

Been playing around making some walls/ buildings in O2, does anyone know where I can find some textures I can use for afghan compound walls like the one shown in this pic? :D

Found this website:

http://mayang.com/textures/Architectural/html/Walls/index.html

These textures may be of intrest:

http://mayang.com/textures/Architectural/images/Walls/mud_wall_190135.JPG

http://mayang.com/textures/Architectural/images/Walls/wall_190150.JPG

http://mayang.com/textures/Architectural/images/Walls/mud_wall_190151.JPG

Hope they help!

EDIT: Found this aswel:

http://www.openwebgraphics.com/resources/data/1/1024x1024_seamless_texture_01.jpg

Edited by Schancky

cheers Schancky, these are quality, just what I need, those mud ones look perfect but will probably need to be toned down as I think they will be too much in game.:D

cheers Schancky, these are quality, just what I need, those mud ones look perfect but will probably need to be toned down as I think they will be too much in game.:D

No problem mate, anytime :)

LOL

Doesn't look right at all...

4415460094_a87082649c_o.jpg

LOL

Doesn't look right at all...

Hmmmmm.... You could always try rescalling it, or try a lighter colour.

You could also try OPX's textures from his pack.

lol yeah there are some other ones that might be better on that site

... the thing about mudbrick walls is... they're made of mud... the same stuff as the ground... so they're essentially the same colour... and not far off the same texture - except for loose stones and stuff...

You could try using your ground texture... just blend it up a bit in photoshop or something...

just an idea...

B

been having a play with texture, still some work to do on the actual modelling though (too square).

4416941995_9a29208314_o.jpg