Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

JTD Flies

JTD Flies v0.2

Adds flies to dead bodies. After between 2-5 minutes, flies will begin to gather around a body, increasing in density each 15 minutes or so, up to a maximum fly density. You can tell *very roughly* how long a body has been dead, and coupled with a suitable blood addon that simulates blood splatter (there are a few, ACE2, GL4 and SLX for example), you can perhaps work out what, where and even when something happened, in a very general and rough way :)

Also, it might allow you to find a body among severe clutter when you're looking for one, for example when you're out of ammo or something :)

*V0.2 update improvements*:

Sound added.

Flies now spawn around a random area centered on the center of body mass instead of the feet.

Tweaked fly size.

Tweaked fly movement.

*edit*

Forgot to mention - there will be no flies if it rains OR if fog value exceeds 0.75. :)

*edit 2*

Dayum, forgot to mention CBA dependency :(

Place the addon in whatever @Modfolder/Addons folder you see fit (hopefully you already have a @JTD folder ;)).

This addon will disable if/when JTD_WeatherAndClimate is installed, as this functionality will (hopefully) be included, but in a way appropriate for each climate.

I will perhaps add sounds to a future revision of this. As far as performance goes, I haven't seen any hit. All bodies only emit flies when player < 100m, and the script exits if the body is deleted.

The addon is SP/client-side eye-candy only, although no MP issues are expected. I expect JIP to be nonexistent however, only units that are killed while you are in the game will be processed.

V0.2:

ArmaHolic

Assault Mission Studio

Armed-Assault.de

Couple vids:

MYwU9OlNhRE

NrAruhIMv-U

Edited by DMarkwick

Awesome work again, thanks mate.

Exactly the same i'm working on currently but i use the default ArmA 2 flyes which may look not as good as yours.

Pretty good work so far i like the way how steady the flyes are flying over the dead body. ;)

Downloading.

Forgot to mention - there will be no flies if it rains OR if fog value exceeds 0.75. :) in the forthcoming JTD Weather And Climate there will be similar logic, but it will also be subject to location of map and time of year etc.

ok now thats just not right. Next we will see the JTD smell the dead body addon that shoots the wiff of stale pig entrails at you while playing. :-)

DOWNLOADING!!! Thank you JTD man!

sigh: download failed... got a mirror? :(

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Very niiice ;)

MP & Jip would be nice though!

Edited by Sickboy

Loving what your bringing to ArmA 2, reminds me of the old days of flashpoint, as in the 'little details addons' that started coming out. Immersion is always good.

Got me a JTD folder, have you?

Very nice little addition sir :)

Just to note that GL4 currently adds a similar thing to Arma2 and also has its own sound for it aswell. I cant test but can anyone see if the flies fx GL4 clash with this at all? Or is GL4 just a sound trigger of flies sound but JTD will still work fine anyway? Jason, I know your a GL4 fan, can you confirm?

Im away from PC for a bit so cant test it.

@mrcash, hehehe, tested, no clash. :) Only thing is GL4's kick in much much faster than the JTD flies so you start getting the fly sounds from GL4 way before you see the JTD flies. Actually both mods work together very very very well as you don't get such horrific and disgusting looking flies with GL4. The fact that you can actually see these flies from about 20 to 30m away without zooming adds a lot to the immersion.

JTD Flies + GL4 blood splatter + ACE Staying brass = totally realistic death scene. You have this baddie lying in a pool of blood with spent brass on the ground and flies all over... tells alot about what happened there!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Thankyou (that was fast reply) ... ok i will probably switch that off in GL4's config, I like the slow build idea. And also yes if this gets updated with a sound that kicks in with a few flies about and not right away that would be great.

Thanks for the mirrors Cultivator and Foxhound :)

Forgot to mention - this addon has a CBA dependency. Sorry for the omission, hopefully most people have CBA as standard. If not - you should ;)

Any possiblity to get these linked to objects set up in the mission editor? I'd like to set up a crime scene with fly blown corpses and other stuff for the players to discover. The bodies would need to have the flies present at the mission start, so I don't have to force the players drive/walk around for 15 minutes before arriving at the scene :).

Any possiblity to get these linked to objects set up in the mission editor? I'd like to set up a crime scene with fly blown corpses and other stuff for the players to discover. The bodies would need to have the flies present at the mission start, so I don't have to force the players drive/walk around for 15 minutes before arriving at the scene :).

Here you go :)

Place it in your mission folder & call it by placing this line in your object's init:

nul = [this, 5] execVM "JTD_EditorFlies.sqf"

You can replace the "5" value with 1,2,3 or 4 for the lesser densities of flies, and the density will increase each 15 minutes from that point, maxing at 5. The above script will cause immediate flies at the required density.

Also, the script has a tweaked fly movement, let me know if you like it better or not would you? :)