Sign in to follow this  

Your welcome to join us when you want, we'll just have to speak English for a change :)

After all the work you've put in these units, how can we say no? :P

Your welcome to join us when you want, we'll just have to speak English for a change :)

After all the work you've put in these units, how can we say no? :P

Well you don't have to speak english but don't be suprised if i run off in the wrong direction entirely as i will have no idea what u are saying. Either that or i'll just stick to you guys like glue lol.

You could also just think it's an immersive thing, hearing your Dutch units babble about in Dutch :p haha

Just a little heads up guys, i've been annoying Binkowski (read really annoying him) and he has kindly agreed to help out with his talents as a modeller on getting these dutch guys to be accurate. So stand by and we'l update this thread as and when we have something to show.

Just a little heads up guys, i've been annoying Binkowski (read really annoying him) and he has kindly agreed to help out with his talents as a modeller on getting these dutch guys to be accurate. So stand by and we'l update this thread as and when we have something to show.

Awesome, guys. :dancehead:

My "Nederland" folder has 2,680 pics of the Dutch military, so if you need anything let me know, and I'll hook you up.

I cant wait! Sounds absolutely awesome, i can only imagine what you two will be able to accomplish :)

After reading your post, i can only give the same comment about it, as Sic-Disaster did

I cant wait! Sounds absolutely awesome, i can only imagine what you two will be able to accomplish :)

Lol...i'll post something up this weekend.

I could take a few pictures if needed, just let me know what photos you need.

Oh I can't wait for the update that will feature KCT :D

maybe an urban version with P90's would be cool.. but ah well.. im just dreaming and being REALLY bored at work.

Any chance of getting some vehicles in the future? I understand this is your primairy project but im just giving ideas haha. everything looks fine and dandy!

keep it up! :)

groeten uit Vianen, Utrecht! (working at ECI, i think most Dutch members of this forum know what that is LOL.)

PS, dont call. we will get you a membership and your f****** for life.

Sweet! Thanks Aeneas for telling me about them on request thread. I am an Army slut, collect them all!!! lol

One suggestion. I think they're canteens should be filled with this:

8QVpS.jpg

Not water... :D

nice enad....lol anyway a little update will post more shots later but the wife is killing me atm..

dutch special forces...they are all done I just need to work on some masked units etc. They include both temperate and desert varieties.

th_dutchsfwip1.jpg

Also not sure if i should add flags to their arms. usually SF units don't like to have national markers but considering they were baseball caps with NL on them im not sure if that goes out the window?

Looking good Aeneas!

I'm not sure, but i think the NL caps are worn mostly when on a patrol, based on what i've seen in 09-11 zulu the commando's are sometimes given regular grunt-work as well, which pissed them off for obvious reasons.

Mainly they were in Afghanistan on a peace-keeping operation, something which the regular army can do as well, without any prospect of SF operations, giving them a 'useless' feeling.

I guess that's also the reason why they fake having their cars broken down sometimes to draw the Taliban out lol :)

It is in interesting question though, to either have the flags on or not.

I think the NL cap is the exception, but that there are by default no recognizeable insignias on the uniform itself.

But that is just speculation on my part :)

Looking forward to seeing more! ^^ The masked units sound very interesting!

Sorry about the absence guys. I've been busy for the past few days, but today is my day off. So hopefully I can make some progress with Aeneas on the Dutch Infantry.

Nice :yay:

About the caps: in Afghanistan the caps have "NLD" on them, so with a D at the and (I assume because Netherlands in Dutch = NederLanD).

Really? damn my ref pic only showed NL...will have to change that

ref pics wud be appreciated.

Edited by Aeneas2020

I think i have some appropriate pics on my pc back home, i'll see if i can find them and put them in here some time tonight.

Really? damn my ref pic only showed NL...will have to change that

ref pics wud be appreciated.

Maybe it differs here and there, the Commando's in Afghanistan from Zulu 9:11 had NLD on their caps. And I think that's generally how The Netherlands is abbreviated within the military world. In the civilian world it's always just NL.

I assume NLD is our official abbrevation[sp?] within the military, but I'm not sure why or if that's always true.

I found this on wikipedia:

"NLD is also the ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country code of the Netherlands"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLD (bottom)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1

For alpha 2 encoding (two-letter country codes which are the most widely used ) it is NL

For alpha 3 encoding (three-letter country codes which allow a better visual association between the codes and the country names than the alpha-2 codes) it is NLD

So it might be that in the military they use the alpha 3 encoding (NLD) for better visual association.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

It seems that both UN and NATO use the alpha 3 code with 3 letters.

UN list: http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49alpha.htm

NATO list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NATO_country_codes

The ninth edition's ratification draft was published on July 6, 2005 with a reply deadline of October 6, 2005. It replaces all two- and four-letter codes with ISO or ISO-like three- and six-letter codes. It is intended as a transitional standard: once all NATO nations have updated their information systems, a tenth edition will be published.

And since the mission in Afghanistan is part of the NATO ISAF force I guess that's why they have NLD caps and why on other source pics is has been possible to get only NL caps (e.g. training or missions not under NATO) :)

Edited by zoog