Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

Please raise the height that determines if a soldier is hurt after a "jump". As it stands, it seems like 6-8 feet can offer serious injury or worse.

I would like to see more realistic HDR, along with seperating blur from the rest of post processing, and a major toning down of the blur in the first place (even with it at lowest settings it's too much).

Furthermore, I wouldn't mind seeing true volumetric lighting and god-rays, but that's something that would most likely occur in an engine update, not an ArmA 2 update.

One thing that would be nice however is that after a while raining, surfaces would appear wet. As far as other things goes, it would be nice if BIS would add a scripting command to allow for modification of number of rounds in a mag, so that you can script a combat reload setup in, which is currently not possible, along with an option to script in ammo impact detection, with inclusion of velocity, angles of impact, and other key things. Furthermore, they need to fix the problems with the missile lock setup as it is now, it's just far too easy to exploit with the way it is now. Finally, I would like to see them fix the ballistics a little. It is currently set up where the bullet velocity leaving the barrel is determined by the mag config, and does not account for the length of barrel, this has been addressed in ACE 2, however should be in the base game.

-fix sound problem, cant get tank sound direction and location

-make jets ascend faster, and make less losing speed when turning around in air

-make SUV and offroad vehicles little faster on wild terain.

-when you get tired from runing or got wounded, you aim, scope is moving around stupid, it should go easy left and right, up and down, not like laging ...dunno

-tank shell cant pass trought the tress, becouse of leaves

-AI wont enter captured enemy tank, they always exit

-game still crashes sometimes

-tanks cant find way out from forest, they wont move

-in warfare mode, make product exit arow in light factory, HF, AF, B.(tank exit direction.etc)

-when equpied rokcet launcher, and you crouching, and you want to stand up it happens to switch first to primary wepon, then when you up it switch back to roocket l.

make better optimalization and FPS, fix crashes(CTD), if no that, game would be 50% better experince

added: blur is stupid here, cant see a damn thing in distance

Edited by MarkoCRO
forget to add somth.

Guided missiles of Mi-24 is still almost disabled. In reality Mi-24 can lock and attack armor targets from 5km, but in the game you can lock a tank in about 500m and all four missiles will miss.

Also, what is speed of X-29 airplane guided missiles in the game? In reality it is 250-350 m/s.

Edited by Starshina(RUS)

-More missions&campaigns (free or buyable)

-Easier tank commanding (being a commander feels very clumsy. e.g. the machine gun view forces the view to random angles when the tank is moving. Its much easier just to jump between driver and gunner positions)

i had posted it in the ACE issue tracker, but i think it´s relevant...

back in OFP we had the full tank interiors visible from all positions (gunner, commander, driver)... since armed assault, those have been removed and i (as others) find this detracts a lot from the "simulator feel" and immersion of driving a tank...

plus, in vehicles without stabilized turrets, keeping the view pointed at a desired direction (specially during turns) can be a phenomenal challenge....

the gunsights and periscopes from which we are now forced to look out whenever we´re turned in have a very narrow FOV... although this is somewhat realistic, not having ANY alternative is not...

strangely enough, many vehicles DO have their interiors modelled, but when you sit at any position other than "ride in back" you are locked into the gunsight, and pressing the optics key jumps you to the controverse "external view"....

for vehicles such as the AAVP and BRDM, which already have the interiors, its simply a matter of allowing the interior model visibility for the gunner position...

others, like the BTR and BMP3, have some of the views unlocked but for some reason, the periscope is in a constant whiteout, rendering that view useless for driving

but most unfortunately, the heavy tanks specifically have NONE of the interior views... and this is most detracting from the overall experience of tank command...

those don´t have the interiors modelled, and would require some work to be done... alternatively, you could simply upgrade the old models from OFP (the new rvmats would make them real nice)... would´t look bad at all....

i urge BIS that something is done about this... forcing the periscope/gunsight for those vehicles is unrealistic and arcade-ish, and i always have a sigh over this when i hop into the commander seat of a tank....

c´mon, let us have this... it´s an easy one...

thanks in advance.

cheerz

Explosions & weapons should have 1st/3rd person sounds for each. Like the internal/external engine sounds for vehicals. (For example, would the maingun on the M1A1 sound the same inside as opposed to outside ? Or firing a rifle from your own shoulder and then hearing someone elses next to you...). The answer is no obviously, so can you look to fix this in a future update please.

I appreciate the work required to make such a change, but you don't have to add any sounds, just add the arrays to allow us to make some magic happen :D

well... i got the unfortunately news that the ACE2 crew isn´t really keen on making the tank interiors, mainly because apparently, they dont have the needed MLOD models and would have to do it all from scratch... so, it´s up to you fine BIS people to get this for us.... (pleeeease... pretty-please!)

also, another thing... this may not apply without ACE2, but the auto-removal of magazines when you change weapons makes it very inconvenient to use the ACE2 "on back" feature, which allows you to carry a secondary weapon...

the problem is that as soon as a weapon is "on back", the magazines for it are considered irrelevant, and are removed as soon as any change is made to the gear setup...

i reckon that´s a tough one to break, since this problem only affects ACE... but, the ACE guys said it´s something only BIS can fix....

so, in order to keep things "forward-compatible", i propose a simple solution: do not allow manually added magazines to be auto-removed

this would ensure that if you went out and packed up a magazine by yourself (not automatically added when a gun is picked), it would remain in the inventory untill explicitely removed, unsucceptable to being removed on weapon changes

this also allows for extended teamplay, where a player could carry magazines for his team-mates, even if he doesn´t have the weapon himself... (i found myself in this situation playing as artillery operator, in ACE, the large radio unit stops you from carrying a SMAW launcher, but you can still haul up some rockets for your buddies to fire)

whadda you say?

Edited by Moach_Mayhem

BIS, please launch your own game and see how many bugs you have. I think it is useless to write about same bugs for the 6th time :)

there is one, the biggest bug in game - the engine of the game :D - it is clearly seen with great AI amount in the mission.

in most games, more AI - more is CPU/GPU load, it tries to reach 100%, but in Arma2 the situation is opposite: more AI, less CPU usage...

it seems that all the CPU work is "sleep 0.01;" with 100000x times (i have seen this in all your pseudo-code scripts... I'm afraid of what could i see in game's code in C++ or in what are you writing it) .....which makes it lag...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91860&highlight=multicore&page=3

Edited by McArcher

Female guerilla/insurgents - they are part of the civilian population.

Another thing...

The International Hotel building (Chernarus map) has an interior but can't be entered by AI. It would be a nice place to garrison IMO.

2 functions - getMagazineCargo, getWeaponCargo. Return lists of contents.

It would make trying to manage ammuntion crates and other weaponholders far easier.

An invisible item, maybe 2, that causes fear in AI. There would be 2 applications for this, I think.

1) As with DM's fire addon, it could drop this fearObject so that AI would not run into fire - they would leave the area.

2) You could mark an area such as a minefield with fearObjects, such that AI would find a way around them.

An invisible item, maybe 2, that causes fear in AI. There would be 2 applications for this, I think.

1) As with DM's fire addon, it could drop this fearObject so that AI would not run into fire - they would leave the area.

2) You could mark an area such as a minefield with fearObjects, such that AI would find a way around them.

Further to this: I think there is enough use for such activity to warrant development of this idea. I think maybe a sort of "negative zone" activity, where an area can be identified as being outside of AI regard. Almost as if a huge invisible collision geometry block had been dropped, forcing AI to walk around it. However it would need to allow objects already inside to be able to exit.

Perhaps some sort of LOD or trigger that obscures AI pathfinding? When inside, an "outward" path is easy to find. But, when outside of it, AI find a path around it, perhaps unless ordered into it.

I would think it would be roughly similar to water areas.

> more time for improvements and optimizations

> more betatester with military background and people know the difference between playing and testing

> more coffee to see and fix bugs

just one from me fix the A10A with the GBU bombs so the A10 can lock on to stuff like tanks and that

fix joystick controll

- adequate heli behaviour to a stick movements, remove the dead zone (make better smoothness), sometimes buttons dont react

a russian armed boat please - the pbx is not suitable for hardcore seaborne marines attacking BLUFOR

You could also just create a new faction - dangerous items. And assign mines, artillery shells, etc to that. Would follow the old adage - mines have no friends.

@EE-

Ahh... you've seen my update to the mine ticket? ;) :)