I found the secret easter egg :D

Nah thats a tactically positioned tree... never know when you might need some cover...

Awesome work (as usual)! Looks like this will become one of my favorites for sure...

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas FDF guys!

/KC

awsome work lads

i liked the A1 island allot & i think i like this one even more epecialy with the river and the extension of island to the north :)

& Merry Christams

Holy crap Burns, i missed that tactical tree:)

Let´s see if that tree starts to bug people, i´ll update the whole package if that´s the case.

This is an incredible map. I'm glad the aspects from ArmA1 survived but the new areas are stunning too. Bridges make for excellent missions. :D

Great map, love the vegetation and towns! It's a fun map to make missions or just play on.

Edited by aigmeyer

Awesome !

It was mys my favorite map on ArmA 1.

And now it is my favorite map on ArmA 2 !

Thanks !:yay:

Excellent, loved your OFP stuff, didnt get to see A1 stuff. This looks great tho. Any missions coming *hint hint*.

Awesome map..

Christmas SAUNA beers to all FDF mod team from me..KIPPIS

Waiting for FDF missions now..

I admit I was sceptical when FDF mentioned they were working on a re-hash of Podaga island, as I was hoping for something new and possibly 'Finnish', however I just had a tour and it's looking superb!

Goeth you just seem to have a great eye for making landscapes look natural... such as doors actually having paths leading off into the woods or considerations as to where people may have been active when making decisions on layering texture.

Every object placed just seems to tell a story... of who may have lived with it, used or abused it and I think thats why you stand out.

A number of island makers just don't seem to capture the same subtleties, and they could certainly learn a thing or two.

Couple of thing I noticed (excuse me if you already have them on the adjenda);

The rocky ravine could do with a bit of randomisation as the repeating pattern is a little odd.

It would be good to see one or two custom 'special' buildings instead of the stock; giant com tower, which I feel people overuse in island making.

The long barn always looks odd when just one piece is used leaving one end open, and i'm not sure why island makers insist on using it.

The river could do with an extra texture on it's banks, as currently it looks somewhat plasticy.

Maybe good to have an enterable building at 'the prison' (if that's what it is) instead of the block house.

Construction site at the airport could do with more rubble/use and vehicle tracks.

Just some constructive feed back.

Awesome job!

E

lol @ Benny Hill. Is/was he popular in Finland?

Its a game problem not the maps but the lake and river water texture looks odd until youre very close to it, then it looks like water. On the river i did notice some texture joins as well. Need the co-ords?

Great looking terrain, reminds me of Finland, what i saw from the airport at least :P

Excellent, loved your OFP stuff, didnt get to see A1 stuff. This looks great tho. Any missions coming *hint hint*.

I don't know if FDF is working on any but I am currently working on one right now...

One word: WOW!

This is one of the best looking islands i have seen so far!

Congrats to this great release :)

I have one little nitpick:

I managed to fall through the deck of the aircraft carrier when running towards the south-western end of the flight deck.

Best Island so far in my opinion, you guys are awesome!!!

Thanks a lot, I will create my first Campagne on the Island:)

Has to be one of the most beautiful islands for ArmA 2 so far.

Thanks Goeth and FDF crew! Merry Xmass!