Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Pepper

zombies update

EDIT:

recent links are here:

1st release (with some other stuff and example-missions): (12-20-2009)

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/pepzombies_beta.rar

(included in the 1st pack are:

kf_dessert.pbo (island with small play-areas like graveyard, castle, swamp, ruin city...),

pep_noe2 (nogova with more and better roads and some more houses...),

and some other useful things...)

Version V1.0 released! klick here to download. (03-29-2010)

pepzombies require following addons: fml_hp3.pbo, fml_vorhees.pbo & mig_anim.pbo (that are included in this archive!)

Version 1.0 Changelog:

- new markers, items, flags

- revised scripts

- added: Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers,

- 1 Mutant added

- new Gamedifficulty-GL with the possibility of randomly choose the spawntype

- more variables in the Gamedifficulty-scripts

- div. bugfixes

- hellgates added

- health- & Infections- statusdisplay (needs description.ext)

---------------------------

Sadly I lost the newest version cause my PC broke down and then I couldn’t work on for a while... but I still saw there are some people playing, so here I release the beta version of "my" Zombie-mod (in fact it's a community made mod).

What is it?

Well, this is a combination of OFP-Zombie-addons... and more.

chainsawv.jpg

I started this, cause I missed the resurrection-feature in the fml_HP3 and I wanted the rotten corpses Alex Cannabis made to be compatible with the other zombies.

I also added the “rising†animation so the new zombies don’t just stand there when they are spawned.

I reworked the zombie faces. The are now all based on the BIS-faces.

Sounds where reworked to. So the zombies now moan while they moving, so you really hear, if they are near, attack and hit sounds were added so the player knows if they touch him...

Download pepzombies @ rapidshare

rising.jpg

I put the zombies in 4 classes:

1. weak and slow: like in the George A. Romero movies (weak means, a headshot (or two) can kill them)

2. weak but fast: like 28days later and other newer zombie movies

3. strong but slow: Mummies: the AC_dead

4. strong & fast: Mutants: inspired by Resident Evil Extinction or I am Legend I made these

mutantb.jpg

There are some more units:

- Spectre: a ghost-like unit, using the optical camo addon made by Rezin

- Skeleton: from the fml_hp3

- A zombie with Knife, chainsaw or Machete: thanks to mig for the Vorhees pack (sadly vorhees attacked everything that moved including other zombies... now he only hunts what u want him to hunt)

- Zombie animals: Well, we got zombie-dogs, -cows and -rabbits (yes rabbits! They are kind of freaky, cause they are quite fast and scream when they jump at you they don’t cause much damage, but they are small and not that easy to hit...)

There are 4 game logics, which define how challenging your zombie mission will be.

- pepzombies – noZres: dead will stay dead, standard-zombies do 0.3 points of damage per hit...

- pepzombies – disturbing: dead will respawn as slow zombies

- pepzombies – nightmare: dead will respawn as fast zombies

- pepzombies – hell: dead will respawn as fast zombies, zombies do not stay dead and do 0.45 points of damage

the archiv contains some test and demo-missions and a bunch of other addons I used to create them.

kapelle2.jpg

More pictures here

The mod was tested on a dedicated server and worked good (mission: [z] pepztest.noe )

Thanks to SCOTT TUNSTALL, Farmland-Mod Team (esp. Mig & Dave), Alex Cannabis, CSJ (sorry, no holy handgrenade ;) ), Rezin, BAS-Team.

I hope I didn’t forget anyone (due to my data losses), if so contact me and I give you the credits you earn.

Things I planed to add (had some of them working already, but lost the data...):

They will come, when I find the time.

- poisonous gas, which infect all units that are defined as victims (glballtargets)

this should be implemented as a gamelogic (just gas, in case u need it...), as grenades to throw and as effect if a mummy dies according to the difficulty-level the mission-maker chose.

- new textures for the units from the vorhees-mod, so they would look like leatherface (with chainsaw), michael myers (with knife) and well the vorhees made by mig is not there yet.

- Missions... well a mod without missions is half as good, but I hope there are still some zombie-fanatic OFP players around to make some MP missions (there will be a server to play them...)

- A sound & music pack, so the missions can stay small, but u can use high qualitiy music and sounds to enhance the atmosphere

- some units, that I would call be Necromancers, Cultists, or something like that...

- reintegrate the “crawler†and the “headlessâ€

If you have any more ideas or think some things are missing, tell me.

Edited by Dr.Pepper
clarification

Good to see you're still in the OFP scenes, Dr.Pepper. Nice update, will definately give it a try and maybe even get to some mission making if I feel like it. :)

You might want to add some instructions for newbies on setting them up.

Mirror by OFPR.info:

Dr.Pepper's zombies (Beta) [31,9 MB]

Edited by Rellikki

Very cool, I always enjoyed the old zombie mods for OFP. I'll give this a try.

After a quick test, I'm getting an error about missing animations or something with most of the animals (though some of them do work) when using WW4 mod along with this addOn, which is very unfortunate, because it would have been more enjoyable to fight the zombies using the new units, weapons and animations in WW4 mod. :( Would there be any way to fix this?

I also missed for some zombie groups in the groups tab (F2) for easier and faster placement of them. Perhaps you could add those in the future?

Strange that only the animals are affected and none of the zombies.

It must certainly be the way the animal custom anims are defined that makes the OFP engine expecting to find the new WW4 class blablablaActions (necessary for the WW4 new animations to exist ingame) but as it does not find them in the animals custom cfgmoves classes, it throws an error.

There is certainly something that can be done, as the FML animal pack has been giving a lot of problem to some custom addons, like there by example.

But i don't know really what is the exact source of the problem and so can't help to fix it.

Thanks for your replies and thanks for the mirror.

I will surely do an update (sooner or later).

Adding groups is a good suggestion.

A short newbie-instruction will be added too, though making good missions esp. with zombies requires some expierience... but we all started as noobs ;)

I also have some ideas for mp-missions in mind, that will be playable on our server

If you are a missionmaker feel invited to send me your missions (if you want them to be playable at our server only use addons from our kf_serverpack, that can be found on our page: www.kanonenfutter.org)

I don't know if I can fix the animation bug, but I'll have a look at it.

They can as in one of the example mission, in the huge cemetary, there are some soldiers that are killed by the zombies while you are running looking for the weapon crate hidden somewhere.

Can I use those with the Horror Pack 3 ?

Can I use those with the Horror Pack 3 ?

well... you can, but I don't know why you should...

victims killed by the fml hp3 won't respawn as zombies and the hp3 zombies do not use the "rising" animations...

this is a kind of updated version of the fml_hp3 (some things were already there I just activated them...) & some more stuff...

take a look at the example missions in the pack to see how to use them (esp. pepztest)...

i like this zombiepack, Dankeschön Dr. Pepper :-)

For my next mission I would like to create those zombies on the fly, so i wrote a little spawnscript, but i cant get rid of the lag. I use a dummygroup for the first zombie in group, preplaced every zombietype once in the editor in a safe area and even included a one second wait after each createunit command, but still there is that lag after each spawned zombie. Some ideas, anyone?

Another thing i tried is the AI on Demand script from CoC/bn880. It works perfectly with regular units, but when i use this to put Zombies in Stasis, the whole group disappears (like it should) except the last zombie of the group. Then, when the Group is activated that last zombie instantly dies and gets respawned with the rest of his undead brothers... Someone got experience with AIOD?

Keep on the good work, Pepper!

For my next mission I would like to create those zombies on the fly, so i wrote a little spawnscript, but i cant get rid of the lag. I use a dummygroup for the first zombie in group, preplaced every zombietype once in the editor in a safe area and even included a one second wait after each createunit command, but still there is that lag after each spawned zombie. Some ideas, anyone?

Hmm... perhaps this would help:

Place a group of zombies on the map... so the textures and stuff are loaded to the memory at the start of the mission and it won't have be done when the units spawn.

Don't know if you can delete them after a while... but putting a "this stop true" in the init should help too...

(damn it's been a while since I made a zombie-mission... ;) )

Thanks for the quick answer, well i got something working with your zombies and the good old DAC by silola, actually it works pretty well, just the Unit caching behaves sometimes strange and i have to style those spawncamps, because zombies dont use campfires, ammoboxes and Flagpoles very often, i think ;-)

So, back to the editor... ;-)

Little question: Would it be possible to use the new (and better in my opinion) zombie attack animation from BAS Tonali Zombies ?

Or what is exactly the zombie punch animation file namds, so I could do it myself ?

Little question: Would it be possible to use the new (and better in my opinion) zombie attack animation from BAS Tonali Zombies ?

Or what is exactly the zombie punch animation file namds, so I could do it myself ?

Tried already to include the tonali zombies too. But they use differnt models & animations and these animations don't fit to the standard bis models. :(

I know the "standstrokefist" is not the best...

will see what I can do, but I'm not sure atm.

So eh... I can't just replace the standstrokefist in your addon from the one within Tonali zombies ?

Just a quick newsflash...

update is in progress. New features are:

- Infection Gamelogic: Bitten players will get infected and get damage of 0.1 every 10 (maybe I change that) seconds... until they die or until they get an antidote.

- toxic gas, that makes players cough and infects them. the gas can beactivated per Gamelogic (& per script if you know how to) & it occurs, when a Mummy dies. Gas will only be activated, if the Gas-GL is put on the map.

- Zombiespawn-GL and spawnscripts that can be used from a bit more expierenced missionmakers (anyone who knows how to use a script). The script-activation will use an array in which you can define: place, type of zombies, number of zombies, time of repetition, object (which if it is defined is the "source" of zombiespawn, so no zombies will respawn anymore, if it is destroyed...)

- there will be GLs twith "Respawn-templates" for some other addons (Morecivs, morewomen, peppersuits, fml_civilians, dmx-police, troublemakers, ww4 mod ;) (I really like this) ), so the units will be able to respawn as zombies too.

- a GL for Multiplayer-Missions so respawning players will be attacked by zombies too.

surely there will be other things in the update you asked for, like

- groups of zombies

- another attack animation

- don't know if I can do something about the dog anim when using ww4mod (it's not mine)...

- a readme of how to use this addon and it's features

have to do some testing, but so far it's looking god ;)

Speaking about the dog, I know that Liberation also uses a dog and their own animation system but there are no crashes. Those guys said, that they've adapted the dog to their config or something like that.... any clues on that ?

you should add a muntant bird that attacks like a chopper but shoots a projectile that looks like infection beam

Nice Addonpack. This really replaces the FHP3 AddOns. Your Addons might be based on the other AddOns but you did 1 important thing: Different classes of Zombies weak Zombies , strong Zombies I missed that im Farmland Horror Pack 3 nice work.

Only 1 thing left I like to know and that's about the script commands. I want some specific Zombies attacking some specific guys. But that doesn't work with

gblalltargets = thislist + [s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6,s7,s8,s9,s10];

Because now all preplaced Zombies on the entire map will start running for those indiviuals. Any ideas ? I have my doubts that Name dofire Name will do the trick here. ^^

Is there a readme explaining all available commands or a wiki?

EDIT: Bugreport Well not sure if it's really a bug but it's a bad thing.

Your Zombies don't count as East units nor as Resistance units. Therefore a simple trigger with East not present within the trigger Radius wont work.

Instead I must work now with !not alive group units. Maybe you can fix that little issue in the next round.

I tested it with an east BIS soldier and there my trigger worked then I tested it with your zombies and the trigger activated immidiately.

Edited by 23-Down

Only 1 thing left I like to know and that's about the script commands. I want some specific Zombies attacking some specific guys....

Because now all preplaced Zombies on the entire map will start running for those indiviuals. Any ideas ? I have my doubts that Name dofire Name will do the trick here. ^^

I will add some Zombies with no scripts attached, so advanced missionmakers can do their own modified zombie-move-scripts. I will add an editable one too.

there will ne one.

Your Zombies don't count as East units nor as Resistance units. Therefore a simple trigger with East not present within the trigger Radius wont work.

Instead I must work now with !not alive group units. Maybe you can fix that little issue in the next round.

Well ;) Zombies are undead, so "alive zombie" doesn't work :P

Jokes aside... the zombies enter the map kind of dead...

and it takes about 3 seconds until the "alive" or "present" commands work on them. (each zombie)

So your script or trigger has to wait 3 seconds after you can work with it.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Only 1 thing left I like to know and that's about the script commands. I want some specific Zombies attacking some specific guys....

I will add some Zombies with no scripts attached, so advanced missionmakers can do their own modified zombie-move-scripts. I will add an editable one too.

there will ne one.

Well ;) Zombies are undead, so "alive zombie" doesn't work :P

Jokes aside... the zombies enter the map kind of dead...

and it takes about 3 seconds until the "alive" or "present" commands work on them. (each zombie)

So your script or trigger has to wait 3 seconds after you can work with it.